Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining overnight on Full charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New Blaze. Charged it several hours, and it showed "Full" in the app and full on the Blaze itself. Wore it around the house for 3 or 5 hours and it seemed fine. Still showed battery full when I went to bed. Set an alarm for 5 AM.-. No alarm at 5 AM, and the Blaze showed a dead battery.

Dud?

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52
I restarted it and have charged it now, and like before it seems to be working. With regard to the laptop, as soon as I plugged the blaze in the laptop screen went off, then on again before showing depletion. I unplugged the blaze and left it off for a while. It's an MacBook Air, only a year old, never had problems with it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kwills that's odd Smiley Frustrated Was this a one time event? If you experience any similar issue I would recommend to contact customer support and let them know with details the issue you are experiencing, they can take a look at your tracker's back-end information and provide you a personalized troubleshoot. 

Thanks for stopping by! Cat Very Happy

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

This started with my Blaze two nights ago.  I charge it all night, had a full battery by morning, then it was flashing red by bedime.  Huh?

Best Answer

@sparklyn the awesome users here won't be able to help, i would contact Fitbit, the link is above your post, or click the settings gear in the right hand corner.

Best Answer

I had a similar issue. I would go to charge my blaze (with about 30% battery) and after a couple hours I would come back and find the blaze flashing in the red with no battery. So I switched the usb plug that I had connected to the wall and it charged fine. I repeated with the "bad" plug again and it drained the battery again. Needless to say I threw the plug away. Hopefully the other plug doesn't do the same thing. 

Regarding the Blaze dying overnight, try turning quick view off and brightness to auto instead of on and heart rate to auto instead of on. Also, uncheck the always connected option on the phone app. What could be happening is as you move your arm slightly at night, the screen pops on and stays on. Or if your arm brushes against the sheets, the blaze could detect a touch and turn the screen on. This could result in draining the battery.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @sparklyn! It's great to have you here 🙂 Are you still experiencing issues with your Blaze battery? The suggestions from @fudge22 can help you determine why is your tracker's battery draining so fast. You can also review this post to find some tips to maximize the battery life of your Blaze. If you did this and your tracker's battery is not lasting as expected follow @Rich_Laue's advise and reach out to our support team, they will be happy to help! 🙂 

Keep me posted! 🙂 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
Have had my Blaze for about a month and a couple of days ago had a rapid battery drain. I charged it on Friday and it was dead Sunday morning. Charged it Sunday afternoon and it was dead when I woke up Monday morning. Charged it while I was at work and it was dead again thins morning. I left it on the charger all day while at work today. Removed it from the charger a couple of hours ago. Not sure what will happen this time
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm experiencing the same thing from my blaze. It's 3 weeks old and the battery hasn't lasted 24 hours every day for the last two weeks. I've tried every tips from this community without luck. I'm very sad to have thrown away the money.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like you may have a defective device. Same thing happened to me a month ago. I called customer service and they determined it was defective and sent me a replacement

Sent from my iPhone
Dieff
Best Answer

Hello @Eirikur welcome to the Fitbit Community! As @Dieff suggested please contact our support team for assistance. They can take a look at your tracker's back-end information and provide you personalized assistance. 

Let me know how it goes! 🙂 

Best Answer
I don't know why I didn't contact the support team right away. My replacement blaze is in the mail heading to my house. The representative I talked to asked for my email address associated with my Fitbit account and from there he analyzed my battery performance and behavior. He saw that is was clearly something wrong with my blaze so he asked for my home address and case closed. What a support team Fitbit has! Perfect assistance and I recommend everyone to contact them if they have any sort of problem.
Best Answer
That is why, in these situations we say to contact fitbit, they are able to see the history and what's happening behind the scene.. I'm glad it worked out so nicely for you.
Best Answer

this happened to me last night, charged right before bed, noticed the screen come on a couple of times when I turned over and I have never noticed that before, this morning the blaze is dead and it last tracked my sleep at 3:45am.  I hope it will at least track today once charged again...traveling and don't have my flex with me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's December and I started having this issue. My battery drains when I check it up in the morning. 3rd day. Such erratic behavior. I tough I was the only one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it is caused by an update that does not fully download. The Blaze is constantly synching and trying to download it ... and draining the battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't listen to anyone on here who says that you need to adjust settings etc and turn features off.  You shouldnt have to.  Mine did exactly this and started draining overnight, within a week it was draining within a couple of hours.  I am 95% certain it was a firmware update that caused it because it started immediately after that.  But whatever....The unit is faulty and you need to get it exchanged.  I did and my new one has ALL the features turned on, autolight, notifications etc and lasts nearly a week on a single charge again.  Don't start compromising on features you paid for to try and extend the battery life when the unit is faulty. Get it swapped.

Best Answer

Hi. Ever since i connect my blaze to new phone galaxy s8. My blaze battery drain quickly. Full charge for a day use. No settings change and reset several times. Does anyone else have this problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you turn off quick view? I'm starting to have a lot of battery issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jshermanWelcome...... Go to your Settings on the Blaze, tap and turn  Quick View off there.... or..... on the phone tap Account, Blaze icon and turn it off there and sync.

@jsherman wrote:

How do you turn off quick view? I'm starting to have a lot of battery issues

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I have been using Fitbit products for quite a while now and have loved the regular software and hardware updates.  I bought my blaze last year, and out of the box it has worked without any problems. On monday, i noticed some strange behaviour with the fitbit decharging - i thought that it was the normal battery life, so i charged it again (took about an hour) and carried on. By the end of the day (approx 8 hours) the battery went flat (red blinking indicator). I charged it up again to full. This time more strange behaviour, the Blaze will not detect my HR (normal set to auto - if i set HR to 'on' then it will work partially).  Further battery drain, and before charging again, i noticed a lot of garbled screen images - it was too quick for me to take some pictures.  Charged it again before bed last night and woke up today with battery life indicator flashing red.  HR will not detect and also the blaze has not registered any sleep tracking since monday...

I have tried multiple resets (through the methods described in previous posts), changes to notification, etc, with no effect. please help!

Best Answer