Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery won't stay charged

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've never had a battery problem until about 5 days ago.  My blaze suddenly will not stay charged more than 12 hrs.  I didn't change any of my settings.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @D-pearson, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for letting me know about your Blaze's behavior. 

First of all, I'd recommend to restart your Blaze. Then charge your tracker once again for at least 1 hour.

If the restart doesn't work and the display is still not turning on after performing the steps above, please take a look at the help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

We recommend to charge your Fitbit via the USB port over a wall adapter. However, it is also possible to charge your Fitbit tracker with a UL certified wall adapter. For best results, don’t leave your device plugged in on the charger longer than overnight.

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here but your chats have been disconnected. Have you been able to reach out to them again?

Please let me know the outcome of the steps I've recommended, I'll be more than glad to create a support case on your behalf if necessary.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the forums @Jend2! I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your recent experience with your Blaze battery not holding a charge. Thank you for letting me know that you haven't changed any of your settings. I recommend restarting your device by following these steps: How do I restart my Fitbit device? This will refresh your device internally. Please also review our tips to prevent battery drain as battery use is affected by various factors and settings: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life?

Let me know how it goes! Robot Happy

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't worn my fitbit for a month due to working a new job and when I charged it last week and got ready to use it. It died as soon as I took it off the dock. It said it was 100% charged but will not hold a charger. What can be done this is the second one I have had 

Best Answer

Hi there @D-pearson, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for letting me know about your Blaze's behavior. 

First of all, I'd recommend to restart your Blaze. Then charge your tracker once again for at least 1 hour.

If the restart doesn't work and the display is still not turning on after performing the steps above, please take a look at the help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

We recommend to charge your Fitbit via the USB port over a wall adapter. However, it is also possible to charge your Fitbit tracker with a UL certified wall adapter. For best results, don’t leave your device plugged in on the charger longer than overnight.

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here but your chats have been disconnected. Have you been able to reach out to them again?

Please let me know the outcome of the steps I've recommended, I'll be more than glad to create a support case on your behalf if necessary.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I tired all of those steps. I can't even take it off the charger without it
going right back off. I've tried that button combinations and all. Nothing
is working
Best Answer

Hello there @D-pearson, thanks for getting back and letting me know the outcome. 

Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to help you in the meantime. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  I have already tried restarting.  I have let it charge from a wall adapter as well as my pc.  It absolutely will not stay charged.  It dies within minutes of a full charge.  The screen will glitch and not let me go to my settings.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve got the same issue, I have just restarted my Blaze and have just put it on charge.

I will take it off charge in an hour and see what the battery life is like.

thank you for the advice.

Best Answer
0 Votes