Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy reports the Blaze is discontinued

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased a new blaze yesterday, and the buttons did not work so I returned it. (Hours wasted). 

I asked for for an exchange and they told me it had been discontinued!

if that’s true, I wonder for what reason it’s been discontinued. 

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Fitbit.com is still selling the Blaze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope. Fitbit.com does not display Blaze as a product on display anymore for sale. I checked the site. Im using a blaze I'm thinking of upgrading to the Versa but with all the additions they have given i expected in built GPS too but no 😕

Best Answer

It's still listed here! https://www.fitbit.com/store

AND here! Blaze at Best Buy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel this is like stock clearance since this is in store page. If you look at the home page and "Products" category at the showcase Blaze is not available.

Best Answer

I'm just trying to find out what's going on. Seen the thread about the Blaze discontinued here, and there are Versa reviews on the net claiming the Blaze is discontinued. CNET for example. I recently got the 25% off valued customer pitch for my two year old failing Blaze. Customer support insured me the Blaze is not discontinued. The Blaze is still available for purchase as well. I'd take another Blaze for under $150. haha

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the Help Forum on this site, the Blaze has been bumped to a lower row, with no image anymore. This is since last week.

Looks like the writing is on the wall.

Best Answer

@MarkMM your last post is missing the links to the articles your referring to .

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://www.cnet.com/news/fitbit-versa-200-dollar-smartwatch-fitbit-ace-kids-fitness-tracker/

"Versa replaces the Fitbit Blaze in the company's line-up. That first-generation Fitbit watch, which had few fans, is now being discontinued."

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/No-more-blaze/m-p/2596041#M94546

Best Answer
0 Votes

They are probably replacing the Blaze because of all the complaints about known issues they won't fix. Not everyone wants or can afford a new one every year. We just want a product to work especially when it's been under 90 days. There's no support from the company, only the same thing said over and over of what to do. No support=no future products purchased.

Best Answer

Yeah, "probably". But there's been no official statement by Fitbit, and the Blaze is still up for sale. I didn't have a Surge, so I'm not familiar with how they let that model go down. The Blaze is two years old anyway. While I'd be happy with mine for a while yet, it IS time for the next model. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I havent noticed these unfixable issues. or even many posts about them. 

What I have noticed is the many requests for ionic features to be put onto the Blaze, unfortunately with the Blaze not having a true operating system or enough memory, porting Ionic features to the Blaze is out of the question. It is simply a matter of the Blaze needing a complete redesign from scratch and that is where the Versa comes in. Simply being Fitbits response to the thousands of request for this model .

Recently there was an update to the retired Fitbit One and the Zip so I can not rule out updates on most Fitbit models. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased my Blaze for the features it listed, not future ones it may or may not have. I just want it to do as advertised when I purchased it. Which it doesn't. In less than 3 months, the sleep stages function quit working after the update in February. I have complained, they said they were working to fix the known issue but so far nothing. Numerous people have complained on this board about the sleep stages not working. Just FIX the problem please!

Best Answer

I purchased my Blaze for the features it listed, not future ones it may or may not have. I just want it to do as advertised when I purchased it. Which it doesn't. In less than 3 months, the sleep stages function quit working after the update in February. I have complained, they said they were working to fix the known issue but so far nothing. Numerous people have complained on this board about the sleep stages not working. Just fix the problem please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Numerous is not a good way to describe how many are having problem in relation to the thousands of Blazes sold over the the past monthsmfor almost two years. 

It probably will be tracked down to a specific manufacturing run with some part slightly out of spec .

I was responding to your metion of numerous problems. Not one problem affected by a relative few in relation to number sold. Sorry that you happen to be one .

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s no longer listed now! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s no longer listed now! 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hairmajesty wrote:

It’s no longer listed now! 😢

Bed bath and beyond seems to still have stock. Better hurry if you still want a Blaze?

Best Answer
It's perfectly normal for a piece of tech to be discontinued and replaced by newer technology every couple of years. Some companies do it every year even.
Ionic, retired Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nobody minds if things are upgraded so long as they company are transparent about that all the way through and ensure the functionality and support are as described and in place for any products sold for the relevant period post sale. If not, can always just go back to a cheap pedometer as they DONT get discontinued.

Best Answer
0 Votes