Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there going to be an update for the Blaze?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Would Fitbit be making a Blaze 2? As you see ... we now have a Charge 2 which isn't swim proof and a Flex 2 which is swim proof. We already pay about $300 for a Blaze. Here is hoping that if they make a Blaze 2 that it is swim proof. Who here loves the Blaze and would love for Fitbit to upgrade it to a swim proof device that tracks everything from walking, hiking, swimming, boxing, kick boxing, yoga, running and weights? I know I would pay extra for that device. Would you?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions
I think that they could instead of making a new tracker, make a waterproof frame that allows it to be used while you swim

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Would love to see Surge 2 match or come close to matching Vivoactive HR on feature basis. In particular actual support for skiing, swimming, water sports, and golf. And fix the cycling elevation charts that have been broken since Surge launched (Fitbit should be embarrassed), otherwise skiing mode will be terrible. Its been reported repeatedly, even on the Blaze forum.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

The Surge is long overdue for replacement, so I think you are more likely to see a Surge 2 before a Blaze 2.

Best Answer

I also doubt they will make it swimproof as well. Due to the altimeter in it

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Yeah... probably, would you like to see the same features in the Charge 2 for the Surge 2? Would you like for it to be swimproof?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 edge on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB wrote:

I also doubt they will make it swimproof as well. Due to the altimeter in it

@WendyB Huh? Other vendors have swimproof fitness trackers and multisport watches with an altimeter. The first one I'm aware of was the Garmin 910XT that started shipping over 4.5 years ago. The 910XT and later 920XT were targeted at tri-atheletes that swim in the ocean, then bike, then run. And the altimeter works just fine.

Best Answer
If this is the case, then the Fitbit team shouldn't have any trouble making those with display screens and with the altimeter swimproof... should they? Fitbit has to compete with Garmin and other brands that have fitness trackers, so if they want to stay at the top, you would think they would do this and more, wouldn't you agree?

Best Answer

I believe Fitbit has a different idea of whats required to stay on top. I doubt management cares much about waterproofing. Right now its about pushing out new shapes/bands with somewhat artificial feature differentiation, increasing shelf space in stores, encouraging existing customers to upgrade to more expensive trackers, and growing the accessories business. 

Best Answer
I think that they could instead of making a new tracker, make a waterproof frame that allows it to be used while you swim
Best Answer
Destroyerrhys, that sounds like a good solution :-).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think they will release Blaze 2 just yet, may be in 2 - 3 years.  Releasing a Blaze 2 so early will upset a ton of early adopters. 

If they are going to update something, it will most likely the Surge.  If they are going to release a new Surge, it will most likely come with a color screen or a 2 - 3 color OLED display.  Waterproofing will most likely be a omitted as it was never Fitbit's priority.  Keep in mind fitibt don't sell a lot of Surge mainly due to the price and lack of feature differentiation from the Blaze.  Some say the GPS function is worth an extra $100, but most people can live without it.

Best Answer

Would love to see Surge 2 match or come close to matching Vivoactive HR on feature basis. In particular actual support for skiing, swimming, water sports, and golf. And fix the cycling elevation charts that have been broken since Surge launched (Fitbit should be embarrassed), otherwise skiing mode will be terrible. Its been reported repeatedly, even on the Blaze forum.

Best Answer
I love my Blaze, love the fact that you can control music through it, change bands, change clock faces. Love that it has run, bike, weights, workout, bootcamp, kickboxing and walk. But it needs water sports and it needs to be waterproof. I am sick of having to take it off every time I go for a shower... am sick of leaving it in the bathroom afterwards, does anyone else have this problem? I know my Mum does... we both have short term memory loss. If we go for a walk without our Blaze, we feel like 'why did we bother?' 'It was pointless' or 'now we have to try and rack up our ten thousand on our Blaze' even though we know how much steps we did... it just gets so frustrating. So if they do bring out a Surge 2, can it have the same features with watersport features and be waterproof for those who swim and for those who forget their gadgets while showering... can it be shower resistant please Fitbit.
Best Answer

Definitely some things to love about Blaze, and to borrow a line from a song, some things that make you go hmmm.... LOL. True for a lot of things I own.... Agree with you, its one of my biggest issues along with notifications, because I have a pool and when I change out of cycling kit and into swim trunks the phone stays behind but the watch is still on my wrist.

Well if you like to track sleeping, better that you take Fitbit off for shower time than not at all! Gotta give your skin some breathing time....

Best Answer

Being water resistant to say 30 feet would not necessarily mean that it would withstand the force of a stream of water from a shower. 

Best Answer
Yeah, that would be good right? The Blaze isn't 30 metre resistant though. 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

I said 30 feet which is way more than a typical watch is rated as.. 30 atm would be 99.2 feet. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

Being water resistant to say 30 feet would not necessarily mean that it would withstand the force of a stream of water from a shower. 

That was out of left field. We are talking about swimproof water resistance, which each manufacturer bestows on a device (independent of depth rating). Nobody mentioned depth ratings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

you an add steps or any exercise in the dashboard.  just estimate your average over a period  of time.  

from another forgetful person.  

fitbit has told me several times that waterproof is high on their priority list for next-gen

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, this is what we need.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's fantastic! I hope so. Oh ok, how do you add steps to the dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes