Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there going to be an update for the Blaze?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Would Fitbit be making a Blaze 2? As you see ... we now have a Charge 2 which isn't swim proof and a Flex 2 which is swim proof. We already pay about $300 for a Blaze. Here is hoping that if they make a Blaze 2 that it is swim proof. Who here loves the Blaze and would love for Fitbit to upgrade it to a swim proof device that tracks everything from walking, hiking, swimming, boxing, kick boxing, yoga, running and weights? I know I would pay extra for that device. Would you?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

follow this help article for your device.  dashboard is slighly different on ios, android, winows but the instructions for manually logging an exercie for each are here.  

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1144/?q=manually+add+exercise&l=en_US&fs=Search&p...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, thank you very much for the link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 edge on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyBGarmin vivoactive HR has an altimeter and is waterproof.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah I know... but does anyone know what Garmin vivoactive hr is like? What features it has? Would like to stick with Fitbit, but if they can't satisfy their beloved customers with what they want and need in a tracker, then they will lose them won't they?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The flex 2 is waterproof. So go for that.
Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
It doesn't have a time face, and isn't with hr monitoring... why do you think most go for the other ones with screens? I had a charge hr... always wore it in the shower, never had any problems with it. Upgraded to the blaze because it had more features and a better screen. The downfall is it isn't waterproof. I could have gone for the Garmin Vivoactive HR but didn't want to. There must be 50/50 out there contiplating this issue, ones who don't care and ones who do, in terms of waterproofing Fitbit's devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all! Good to see you in the Community!

Thanks for bringing this up @kristypower. We don't have any news of Fitbit coming up with a Blaze 2 tracker yet. I wouldn't discard it in the future but we don't have any news on something like this happening anytime soon. It seems like what people are asking the most of it is for the tracker to be waterproof. However, while we wait for something like that to happen, I can recommend voting for this feature request. It goes by the hand with the solution that @Destroyerrhys proposes... A waterproof framing for the Blaze. You can check out the request and add your vote by clicking here.

Thank you all for participating and if you have any other question or concern, let me know! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
That doesn't mean much when you don't have news on the supposedly impending software update either, at the point a blaze 2 is released i will be seriously considering whatever version of the Apple Watch is available at that time, at least they can tell you when updates will be available
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Destroyerrhys wrote:
I think that they could instead of making a new tracker, make a waterproof frame that allows it to be used while you swim
Then the HR monitor would not work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Its pretty safe to say that this is my first and last Fitbit. I am highly disappointed in the product and feel that they rushed it to market before it was ready. With all the competition out there they are falling short of keeping their customers happy. I have read many threads on this site and the overall feeling is that people are very frustrated about the lack of information and hard dates for updates and releases and such. Say what you want about Apple but you have to admit they do communicate very well about product updates and such. Granted it's short fused and guarded in secrecy until typically about 4 months before release but hey it's better than we see from most of the companies out there selling comsumer electronics. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Blaze with issues right now. I called customer service they are sending a new tracker. The email confirmation says replacement Blaze Pebble. What is the pebble version? I've Googled at it looks like a whole other manufacturer makes a pebble tracker. I just want to make sure all my bands and frames will work with the replacement. Please advise. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

All the Blaze trackers are the same size so your bands should work fine with the replacement I would think. 

Best Answer

@LeighAnn08 wrote:
I have a Blaze with issues right now. I called customer service they are sending a new tracker. The email confirmation says replacement Blaze Pebble. What is the pebble version? I've Googled at it looks like a whole other manufacturer makes a pebble tracker. I just want to make sure all my bands and frames will work with the replacement. Please advise. Thanks!

I imagine it's just the main component of the Blaze without the frane and band.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Yes. That's exactly what it is. They sent me a replacement Alta pebble and that's exactly what I recieved. The main brains
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! It's great to see you in the Community!

I would like to take the chance to tell you that all Blaze trackers are the same size. If you get a replacement, most likely, you will get the main module and if you have bands that you've purchased separately, rest assure that they will fit your tracker so there's nothing to worry about 🙂

Hope this clears your doubts. Let me know if any of you have any other questions. See you around! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I am a IPhone User for the lasat couple of years. I do not know if I should get the Blaze or Apple Watch. I like that I get the noftifications about phone calls and text. I just would the ability to respond with the Blaze. I have the flex and I know that I need to wear it more. We have a fitness thing at work that helps us keep track of our step and and gain points. I am less than 2000 points or so to earn the Blaze. I dont work out as I should. But i do want a smart watch? What do you guys think? I am happy with FITBIT products and I will give my mom my flex and get her a new band.

Best Answer
I love my Blaze. I really have no desire to answer phone calls or text messages from my Blaze. My sister went from a Fitbit to an iWatch and she really missed the challenges and sense of community she had on her Fitbit. She was told that she could sync her daily totals into the Fitbit app, but has never been able to get that to work. To reply via text messages on the iWatch, you can only respond with short predefined responses.

So, you'll have to determine what is most important to you. Do you like challenging friends and family via the Fitbit app. I do for sure! I always want to be at the top of my friends list!!

Thanks,
Leigh Ann Graff
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks Blaze it is.
Best Answer

This is a Fitbit forum so you'll get plenty of encouragement to choose Blaze, and if step challenges encourage you to move then it is a great pick. Having used both Blaze and AW, all I can say is that watch is fantastic and absolutely love it - use it all day and it has boosted my productivity and reduced amount of time getting distracted by phone. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
I have the same problem too. Your not the only one.
Best Answer
0 Votes