Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there going to be an update for the Blaze?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Would Fitbit be making a Blaze 2? As you see ... we now have a Charge 2 which isn't swim proof and a Flex 2 which is swim proof. We already pay about $300 for a Blaze. Here is hoping that if they make a Blaze 2 that it is swim proof. Who here loves the Blaze and would love for Fitbit to upgrade it to a swim proof device that tracks everything from walking, hiking, swimming, boxing, kick boxing, yoga, running and weights? I know I would pay extra for that device. Would you?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

Good to see you around @SunsetRunner! 🙂

Is there anything in specific that you need help with?

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
I might be the only one but I wish the Blaze would support chest straps. I do hot yoga and having a chest strap for accuracy would be a welcome feature.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see you around @noirprncess 🙂

I can suggest adding your vote to these two Feature suggestions if you'd like for being able to use chest straps with your Fitbit dashboard:

-Chest strap to sync with phone/app for sports where watch not allowed.

-Add ability to use either wrist based or chest strap heart rate monitor

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else!

Best Answer
Yeah i would
Best Answer
0 Votes

Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's true, the extra built-in GPS isn't worth the money for most, particularly compared with other competitors products

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see you around @GetABitFit! Thank you so much for your feedback!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about a HR chest strap or a Blaze with ANT+ compatibility?

The fitbit environment is much more pleasant than Garmin (I tested both). But for serious running you cannot use any fitbit device, the HR data is not relevant!

Does fitbit consider implementing ANT+ to pair with some other HR belts? Or Stryd for example...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Currently the only major lack of Blaze is not being waterproof. And of course being an hardware issue there isn't much you can do. Other than that some important firmware are much needed and would make the blaze still very competitive in the market. Example:

- a decent music control support not relying on Bluetooth classic (very much battery eater - Android)

- fix on distance and pace during GPS tracked sessions

- addition of VO2max and Breath Assistant (announced as imminent)

- more watchfaces

- possibility to act at notifications 

For next Blaze generation I'm sure either recent acquisition of Pebble will have a big impact with the possibility to install apps making it a real smartwatch. As a previous owner of Pebble first generation and Pebble Time I would love if Fitbit calls this new smartwatch Fitbit Pebble.

Best Answer

Whats new in Blaze2 compared to older

Best Answer
0 Votes

Simply nothing because it does not exist and it has never been announced. This topic is only about speculation and wishlist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But I want it to track the swimming too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not buying unless it's submersible and it's gotta look good.   The current blaze is great looking but I despise the removal of it from the locker room to the pool and to the showers.   Make a Fitbit watch like the Blaze with same or better good looks and 100m depth rating I'll pre-order today. 

Until then,  not buying another fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hi there @robertpopa22, welcome to the  Fitbit Community!

At the moment, we don't have any news on any integration with ANT+ but I was able to find a feature suggestion for this. You can take a look at it here and add your votes and any comments you may have there.

@Giampi71, great to see you around as well! Thank you for sharing your feedback on things you'd like to see on the Blaze.

@Fitnessjake @bjsexpress, Good to see you in the Forums guys! At the moment, there are no news on a new Fitbit Blaze tracker just to clarify.

If anyone needs any help, let me know and I'll be happy to give you a hand!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would by one immediately 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No it bulky enough already

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey in the Blaze 2 can you make it the exact same shape so it can fit my previous bands but then add waterproof and built in GPS? I don't need anything else and the surge has the gps but I heard it's not the best

Best Answer

Hi there @Radcliff17 @Fitnessjake.  Great to see you guys in the Forums!

@Radcliff17, thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it!

@Fitnessjake, thank you so much for taking the time to share your suggestions for a new Blaze. I can recommend checking these existing feature suggestions for what you mention. Click here for Waterproof Blaze and click here for built in GPS on the Blaze. Make sure to add your vote and any comments you may have there.

Let me know if you guys need anything else!

Best Answer
0 Votes

A Late response, but a response. I have a charge hr2 and eh it's okay but I don't think it's as accurate as it should be. I would upgrade to the blaze. The Apple Watch is nice for a quick response, playing games etc. easy to break though/ chip. Apple also has issues with the locking of the watch via cloud, then people purchasing it unable to unlock it. I am a loyal Apple user, but not buying a watch until hey quit making everything that has to be upgraded then sooner or later phases out and you have to or are forced to buy the new model. I want to buy something that will last. I then will make the choice to upgrade.  If your happy with it, go for it... let us know what you think

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge hr2 and eh it's okay but I don't think it's as accurate as it should be. I have looked at websites and information regarding it's accuracy. I am unhappy that I can't take a shower with it, or swim with it. I too find I leave it at home and forget it. T It's a little bulky I think, for a females wrist, as is the blaze also. It's rather large on my wrist. I wish they would integrate more of the open apps and watch faces pebble had. I believe they could make it waterproof, water resistant without changing too much in design for people that already like the design. I would love to see a smaller design, and accessibility to respond via Fitbit device even if it would be a pre-filled response, or something you could edit from your phone for a quick response. It would be nice to be able to measure SPO2 like the withings pulse ox/tracker. Maybe offer companies or insurance companies the chance to purchase or offer the devices at a discount to members/employees.  I don't think we are asking for the next spy version of a device, just one that has a few more bells and whistles related to every day life, that could possibly adapt to needs of changing times. If you buy a Fitbit device and they upgrade or put out a new model, maybe a chance to send in the old, and get the new for the difference, or trade up your old for a discount on the new device, and send off the old to Fitbit and they refurbish and sell or auction to charity? Just random ideas 

Best Answer