Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there going to be an update for the Blaze?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Would Fitbit be making a Blaze 2? As you see ... we now have a Charge 2 which isn't swim proof and a Flex 2 which is swim proof. We already pay about $300 for a Blaze. Here is hoping that if they make a Blaze 2 that it is swim proof. Who here loves the Blaze and would love for Fitbit to upgrade it to a swim proof device that tracks everything from walking, hiking, swimming, boxing, kick boxing, yoga, running and weights? I know I would pay extra for that device. Would you?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

I have had my Charge 2 for around 4 months now and love it. Am intrigued by the Blaze, however. Wondering if I should wait for a possible 2 release or spring for it now and hope for software updates. color touch screen is cool and I like the look of it. Thoughts? Also I have a very small wrist!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @carigor1. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! I'm glad to see you around! 🙂

At the moment, we don't have any news at all about any trackers  being released soon. I don't really think new trackers will come in the next months as Fitbit just released the Alta HR.

I'd say it'd be safe to go for the Fitbit Blaze as it's getting improvements and firmware updates constantly with new features you will for sure like. For example, the latest firmware version that was released today. You can see the cool things of it here.

Anything else, let us know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

They do have a frame to use it in the water

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Background. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums!

I might want to clarify that Fitbit doesn't have a frame to make the Blaze water proof or anything similar. At the moment, you can only use your Blaze on the band that it comes with but it could be that third party companies have come out with alternatives like this.

Best Answer
I have multiple metal faces and bands
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Radcliff17. Good to see you in the Forums!

Are any of these frames water resistant? Where exactly did you get them from?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got all the frames on Amazon.com
None say the are water resistant but I swam in mine multiple times over the
past year and have yet to have issues. Fingers crossed
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Radcliff17. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Isn't that why they are reluctant to go with the waterproof versions? I thought it was due to when people had the skin reactions from not taking them off. I'd love for waterproof models on each line and to be able to track swimming activity. I was holding out for a blaze 2 hoping they would add waterproof and Android operating system. It would be the best watch on the market for me then ☺

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see you around @Leroygee! 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this. While there's no news on a new version of the Fitbit Blaze, it would be really cool to have somthing like that in a waterproof version... We'll have to wait and see if something like this happens in a neaf future!

Best Answer

I have both the Fitbit Blaze and the Garmin Vivosmart HR+ and while I like both I feel the Garmin gives more bang for the buck.  Built in GPS, can swim or shower with it, and a quick swipe shows weather, and you can also control music.

Best Answer

MOREOVER GARMIN IS CHEAPER

Best Answer

I think Garmin has nailed it with Fenix 5 and 935. Expensive but high build quality with nearly every feature you can imagine and an app store thats been up and running for years. Only thing missing is a payment solution, well, that and proper tracking of weight lifting. Tracking of weight lifting and stress was introduced this week with Vivosmart 3.

When will Fitbit respond? Some good info on the Feb 22, 2017 earnings call when CEO James Park publicly stated that in 2017 "we expect to have a streamlined set of products across price points to address consumer's interested trackers, a full-featured smart watch, and different form factors" so its clear the Fitbit smartwatch is coming in 2017. "Streamlining" products means some will go away, and for timing Park said "we'll work with our channel partners to clear out any inventory related to any products that we would subsequently end of life and replace with a new product" - you can read these quotes and more on SeekingAlpha's Fitbit Q4-2016 Earnings Call Transcript.

So in the coming months, if you see special deals on Surge, or Surge and Blaze, then its likely an inventory clearance move and you can expect Fitbit's smartwatch is right around the corner.

With Garmin recent updates, and possible Apple Watch update, will be interesting to see what Fitbit brings to the table. What will Fitbit launch, and which devices will be cut? I think its safe to say the Surge will disappear, but what about Blaze?

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@bbarrera you know where blog.fitbit.com is, that is if you are looking to see what they are announcing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

lol the blog is the last place I would look... the Alta HR was leaked a week before the official launch, the Flex 2 and Charge 2 leaked almost two weeks before launch, etc., etc.

Best Answer

Great info thank you, 

Wish I'd ave seen this before my blaze arrived haha . Pretty happy with it though so will upgrade if smart watch does drop. 

I have a moto 360 Android smart watch at the minute but as I'm always in my fitbit it doesn't get used.

Would love to have one that does all. 

I just love the brand of fitbit and especially the app/ dashboard . 

Also not sure how compatible Garmin is with my vitality policy. 

My first day wearing the blaze though today and earned a trophy badge. House move had me putting in the mileage today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well Garmin is having first app summit to support 1000+ app developers that have delivered over 3000 apps so far. More interesting are the upgrades to app capabilities and store:

- always active watch faces 

- basic multitasking (background services)

- trial apps

Who's who list in attendance at the summit: Strava, Uber, Nest/Google, Southwest Airlines, SmartThings/Samsung, etc.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/04/garmin-announces-smart-home-control-connect-iq-updates.html

Fitbit will announce an app store based on Pebble acquisition, someday...

Best Answer

hope they fix up the weak screen problem. Made a fool of myself when I had been promoting blaze at work as part of the health and fitness program, rested my chin on it in bed and screen gave way. 

For weeks had to explain how, and how I felt burn't buy warranty, and not being able get a screen.

We all now promote galaxy gear , just wish they would fit all blaze bands I bought.

We still help fitbit users, but .............

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I need a new Blaze. Not only is the battery not lasting long, but the heart rate and sleep tracker aren’t working. 

I found out out that I wasn’t the only one who has experienced this within the past few months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As your well aware of, Fitbit has released what could have been called a Blaze 2, instead they named it the Versa

Best Answer