Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Battery Dying in 3 Hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently bought a fitbit blaze from eBay here in the UK. It had been operating well for the first week and a half but over the last couple of days the battery has started dying really quickly. I am using the same settings which I have always been using (auto heart rate, quick view on, auto sync off).  I am really confused as to why the battery life has suddenly and dramatically changed. I have contacted fitbit directly and they say the cannot help as the fitbit was purchased second hand and that the warranty only applies to the original purchaser. The watch was purchased 6 months ago and it seems pretty unreasonable that the battery has failed so dramatically. Has anyone experienced this and is anyone aware of any solution? I considered replacing the battery but can't find a replacement anywhere. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

There is no Battery replacement.

Also Ebay is not an Authorized dealer so it holds no warranty with Fitbit as they have no way of knowing when it was bought. This is why you need to contact the seller for a resolution

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is a way of knowing when it was bought because the seller sent me his
receipt from Argos with the ebay purchase dated May 2017. Quite frankly I
consider it to be a disgrace that fitbit are not accepting responsibility
for this issue when it is clearly a product fault that is the problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Lets see if i understand @John18722

Yes i agree it is clearly a product fault, but could have been caused by the user.

Do you know the history of this tracker, and the history of the sellers Fitbit account. Fitbit knows both, and I think there  is something that  your not aware of. I'll place odds that Fitbit already has replaced this tracker.

This is what I think went down.

You bought a Fitbit recently from Ebay.

It came with the origanal receipt.

You say the battery only lasts only 3 hours

Did it just start dying at 3 hours, or for you has it always died at 3 hours?

Why did the person have it up for sale on ebay?

Could it be that Fitbit sent him a replacement tracker and told him to dispose of the faulty tracker and instead he decided to put it up on ebay to sell to some unsuspecting person.

My guess is that the battery life did not just fail but has been an issue with this unit for a while.

Personally i would ask for your money back, or some type of resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally take your point, however the tracker worked perfectly well for
the first two weeks with absolutely no issues at all with the battery. Then
all of a sudden it started failing. Is it a fact that the original seller
received a replacement because of known battery issues? If that is
definitely the case I will contact him directly. If you are able to provide
me with evidence of this I would really appreciate it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Check the waranty link below, www.fitbi.com/returns

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check the waranty  below

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @John18722@WendyB and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

The best thing for you to do, is to get in touch directly with our support team and see what options you have. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

In response to the post about the short battery life.  I purchased a used Firbit Blaze about 3 weeks ago.  For the first 2 weeks the battery would last over 4 days between charges.  After a couple of weeks I registered the Blaze with Fitbit.  Almost immediately after registraton, the battery life went down to about 3 hours to total discharge.  I am not usually a conspiracy believer, but could it be possible for Fitbit to send programming to the watch to shorten the battery charge life.  Has anyone experienced similar circumstances.   When I called Fitbit, they informed me that the watch is out of warranty, but they would sell me another with a 25% discount.  It would be a great way to sell new watches. And after the recent I-phone scandal, not out of the realm of possibility.   Please respond if you have had a similar experience.  (However, if Fitbit controls this forum,  it will probably never be posted!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes - just after my warranty ended I started having the same problem and they offer my 25% discount like I used 75% of the expected life of my blaze. I bought mine new and am so disappointed!! I have written but get generic responses, like they really don't care. I own a gym and have been talking about this to the ladies that come here and several have had the issue and received replacements - but not me. I feel my only option is to go to the apple watch, I'm sure they're expected to last longer than 14 months!!

Best Answer

I have the same problem, but after 2years of use. No discount offered. Support blames Samsung phone to cause the problem. Same phone used for about 6 month and everything was OK. Now I am looking on Samsung gear. 

Best Answer

I have up on fitbit and got an iphone and an apple watch. Well worth it. Would never go back to fitbit now. No issues with compatability. It just works. All the time.

Best Answer

I'm about ready to make the same move. These things are junk. I'm on my third device (two Charge 2's and one Blaze) in less than a year and a half. None of them worked properly.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue, mine dies in just over 2 hours.

I won't ever buy another fitbit - £170 for 18 months use is appalling 

Best Answer
I went through three devices in a year and half, and grew convinced that
the business model was to get customers to trade up when something went
wrong.

So, I bought an Apple watch this spring and love it. Always works, safe in
water, and immeasurably more useful.

csc

Chad Campbell
Vice-President, IPP 2018-2019
(503) 428-7306
www.rotary.org

*The Rotary Club of South Salem*
Club #311 - District 5100
Please visit us on Facebook
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all @CSC1989

I am suffering the same issue and got the same solution... with Apple no issues at all.

The price is not so different. I love the Apple one.

It's ridiculous the way FitBit is handling this stuff. No support at all !!!

Bye bye, FitBit sh...t

Best Answer
0 Votes