Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Battery life

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have read numerous stories about the Blaze battery life.  I will soon be on my third Blaze because of this.  The first Blaze lasted about 6 months before I started having battery issues.  FitBit kindly sent me a replacement.  Within two weeks it started just going out.  It would not send a notification that the battery was low (I do however check that).  I do use the watch for workouts, steps, etc so I realize the battery may not last 4 days.  However, when it has been fully charged and then withing a few hours is dead, nothing at all, there is a problem.  I am now waiting for my third replacement.  If this one goes south I will no longer use Fitbit.  I had a Fitbit Charge HR and went through 4 of them due to battery issues.  I know sounds weird, but I keep reading articles about both of them and the battery seems to be a continuing problem with them.  Thoughts anyone?  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Crazy. My Blaze gets better battery life now then when I first got it at launch. And this is with an increase in app notifications that weren't even available at first.  I usually go 6 days before charging and I have a daily alarm, workout 5/6 days a week, and use the connected gps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazing!  I have two alarms, heart rate, reminder to move, use it for workout 3-4 times a week, weather app, gps and so on. I just checked my sleep log and can see where it has stopped working at night and then sometimes during the day it has me sleeping when I am wide awake at work. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still runs for a good week on a charge. Charged it on Monday morning I thing and still running strong at the moment.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have similar issues!! My will barely keep is charge through the day... I purchased mine after launch... worked well for 4 months then began decreasing charge length. Ive turned off ALL NOTIFICATIONS, I manually sync, I can't wear while sleeping, i can't use gps, heart rate or activity tracking. It's pretty worthless. If it weren't for my WWH friends I'd trash it completely. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gingers5407 -- I am sure you've tried a restart, but if not give that a go.  Hope your third one works better.  I've been getting the low battery warning email at about 4 or 5 days with maybe an hour or so connected GPS each day. Good for about a day or so after the low battery warning so 5 or 6 days if I push it.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Replacement should arrive today, so I will see what happens with this one.  Friday evening the face would not turn off and I could see the battery draining.  Did a reset and charged it and then it was back to normal.  Should not have all of these problems and you should certainly be able to use all of the features .  If I had to charge every day that would not be a problem, it's the fact that it randomly goes from full to nothing in no time at all and I don't get the low battery alerts that are set up.  I am close to giving up and getting an apple watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have done the restart, I have spoken to the tech's and followed all of their guide lines.  Sadly I really think the Fitbit is not a good product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This  is not encouraging news.  First few mos my Blaze did great, then quit holding a charge.  With this being my 3rd fitbit, i got frustrated and just put the thing away and quit using it.  I got it out today again with the hope that i was just imagining the problem.  Nope fully charged it this morning around 8am and it is already dead.  I am going to call them in the morning. 

I had a flex that is still going strong (hubby using it) and then i had a Charge which worked great, but the band broke 8 mos in.  They replaced that, but by then i'd decided to buy the Blaze when it came out cuz it has an interchangeable band.  Then this.  NOT happy with Fitbit at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

First of all, I'm going to complain that I now get anew instruction to turn on location on my phone in order to sync. I only turn on my location to use the GPS to get directions to a place I'm unfamiliar with and fitbit has no right to force me to use that to sync. One of the reasons  (but not the only one) I don't use the location is that it drains my battery.  So, I'm wondering if that affects the battery on your Blaze because of the communication between the two?  That's just a guess. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wnt to drop my experience on the subject. I have Blaze since last June. From the beginning battery supports 4-5 days. I have daily wake up alarms, notifications, and even after 9 month it can run 5 days. In generally I recharge after 4 days just to be on the safe side, but in this case the recharge bar is still in green (small green, but still). If I leave it to the 5th day, it still works, get notifications, but recharge bar is very narrow red bar. In general, my feeling and experience is that the device operates according to the published values

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I received my replacement Blaze on Monday. So far so good, but that's
how they have all been. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer
that this one will work fine. If not then I am done with Fitbit. I have a
few friends that have them and they too have had battery issues. Good
luck with your phone call.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't use location either. I know this is an internal issue of some
sort. Even when I tested it and turned off all notifications I still had
the problem. The third blaze has arrived and so far so good, but that's
how they have all been.

I appreciated all of your comments.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was charging every 4 days before and I really use. I time my workouts,
have alarms, text messages, and so on. Then one day it just started going
out. We shall see how this new replacement does.

Thanks for your input.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When i first got the Blaze, i definitely got 5 days out of it.. but then it got to where it is today.  It won't hold a charge for even ONE day. 

A new one is on the way to me, so we'll see if it's just a fluke.

I will say my daughter and her fiance also have Blazes and so far no problems with theirs.

Best Answer
0 Votes