Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze - Charging status on windows 10 app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a fitbit blaze a few hours ago and tried turning it on downloading the app and going through the set up but when asked to update it said that I couldn't because it's battery was too low. 

I plugged it into my comp and it gave me the notification that something plugged in via usb. Now when I turned it on it shows the logo and the URL to login and the logo pulses left to right. 

When I plugged it in the same thing happened. And whenever I push a button while it's plugged in I see the same thing. 

I downloaded the windows 10 app to see if there's a way I can run set up while it's charging and I got the same result "low battery".

This leads me to my title question, is my device actually charging? I can't tell because the android app doesn't tell me and the windows 10 app as far as I can tell doesn't tell me and my device just shows the prompt telling me to set it up. 

Should I be seeing something else? Do I need to tweet customer care? Currently I'm going to leave it plugged into my comp over night and checking it in the morning but I am posting here just in case it gives more issues

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your Blaze should vibrate and the screen light up when plugging it in to charge.  That said if my Blaze batterry is to low it sometimes tskes an hour before the Blaze will show any dugn of life.

As to why your windows responded to the plugging in of the Blaze, windows can sync through its charging cable and bypass bluetooth.  When you plugged it into the PC Windows should have downloaded and installed the proper driver needed, this could take a few minutes. You might want to try setup through the cable again.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately, until the setup is completed ok the only thing the screen will display is the setup message.

Give it an hour or so on charge then go through the setup. You can then complete the charging and see the charging status on the screen. If it still says battery too low when trying the setup try a different USB power source such as a wall charger you use for your phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply I left it chargin over night and it still says that it's low. I'll be using my cell chargert from a wall outlet. I'll be back to update with how it goes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your Blaze should vibrate and the screen light up when plugging it in to charge.  That said if my Blaze batterry is to low it sometimes tskes an hour before the Blaze will show any dugn of life.

As to why your windows responded to the plugging in of the Blaze, windows can sync through its charging cable and bypass bluetooth.  When you plugged it into the PC Windows should have downloaded and installed the proper driver needed, this could take a few minutes. You might want to try setup through the cable again.

Best Answer
0 Votes