Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Connected GPS Disconnects during exercise - Pls track instances here

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I thought it may be useful to have a simple topic to track instances of this problem (the buzz on your wrist during a run, you look down, and there is a little mobile icon with a red line through it).

You will find that after the run or exercise, that the GPS tracking died right at the moment you got the error on the Blaze screen. 

SO. Rather than discuss the problem, or possible work-around in this topic, can you perhaps just leave a reply to say "me too" and also list your mobile device?  

This issue may be more common on android, but I'm not sure. I know of at least one person experiencing this on an iPhone 7, but I have a friend with an iPhone 6 who has NEVER experienced this. 

So I'll go first..... I get this on every run, randomly. I use a Google Nexus 5x (android). VERY frustrated. 

No longer a fitbit device user
Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

The only way to prevent it is leaving the app open. And switch off all energy saving features.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm experiencing the same issue as everyone who has posted to this forum.  I start the exercise program (walk), and then while 45 minutes or so into the activity it drops off.  (Back to watch mode).  If you're lucky enough to feel the vibration from the device you can restart, otherwise the the tracking feature is lost.  You get the steps logged, calories burned etc, but only as you can without using the exercise app.  And this is with the app open in my phone.  From the number of "no longer device user" tags, and no FIRM response from Fitbit, it seems another different more reliable product is in order.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you start the walk tracking on your Blaze or in the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thru the Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thru the Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there any energy saving features in your phone? If they are enabled, they may cause that disconnect after a certain time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No energy saving settings being used.  Considering the number of complaints thru this forum, and the different brands of smartphones being used, this, in my opinion is device based (Fitbit).

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your finding that your watch leaves the exercise mode, it is most likely because the  buttons or screen is being tapped. 

The process to go bqck to the clock requires a press of the lower right button which pauses the event. This would be followed by a press of the upper right buttun to end the event. Now a press of the left button or scroll up and tap Done on the screen.

This all sounds like a lot to happen accidently, but these button presses could be replaced by very light taps  in the correct corners of the screen and tye event will be terminated. 

This is why their is the suggestion for a screen lock mode on the Blaze, it is to easy to accidentally turn the exercise mode off by tapping the screen.

My suggesis to add your votes to this screen lock suggestion 

Best Answer

Me too, iPhone 6.  Was working fine until yesterday, now every time I try to start an exercise on my Blaze, it starts with only one red bar, then shortly it turns to a red phone with a slash through it.  

I'm still within my 90 days at Costco so if this isn't resolved soon I'll be returning it and buying another brand.

Best Answer

Do you have the app open?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup. I think I may have solved it, I'm getting full green bars now. Just need to test it tonight in our run and see if it will stay connected the whole time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is NOT what is happening. I am NOT touching the screen during
activity, nor am I touching any of the buttons. Short sleeves, not putting
hand in pocket, yada yada yada.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this thread still open? I'm new to Fitbit and wouldn't have bought one if I'd known this.

Blaze, Oneplus 2

Best Answer
Yup... it's still open and the problems hasn't been fixed.
Best Answer

Me too. When I go for a walk it will buzz multiple times indicating that it has lost connection to my phone, which is in the same hand as my blaze is on. But when I get back home and go into the app I see that the map shows the complete GPS route I took so obviously my phone is not losing GPS connection. Also even though I take the same route every day the mileage carries. Sometimes it says o walk 2 miles and other times, like last night, it says only 1.63 miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just completed 4 miles......Blaze disconnected from GPS at 3 mile mark.  Unfortunately it didn't buzz or it was so weak I didn't feel it, so that I could reset.  No other apps running on phone and phone on same side as Blaze.  This device SUCKS in the biggest way.  Time for a more reliable one.  And throughout all of these running posts I don't see one response from the manufacturer.  So, the news is going out to anyone I meet what a lame product this is and don't waste you money.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too and its so frustrating, Samsung Galaxy S6

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue just happened, just uploaded to blaze. Yesterday worked fine, this morning gps cut out about 2 minutes in. If I feel it vibrate how do you reset it to connect again? Finish session and just open it again? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
before i start, what i have started to do, is reset the blaze and sign out
and sign on again on the fitbit app on the phone, then check to see if
location and bluetooth are on, that seems to do the trick
Best Answer
0 Votes

I get these disconnections on my Galaxy S7 frequently, but even when the connection remains stable, I get wildly inaccurate speed and distance readings from my Blaze when I ride my bike.  It gives me max. speeds in the high 50s, when I know I never achieve greater than 30 MPH.  Blaze consistently gives me a distance of about 8.5 miles for my commute to work, which I know is exactly 6.5 miles.  When I use Endomondo on the phone, I get accurate speeds and distances, so I know it is not the phone GPS that is inaccurate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes