Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Connected GPS Disconnects during exercise - Pls track instances here

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I thought it may be useful to have a simple topic to track instances of this problem (the buzz on your wrist during a run, you look down, and there is a little mobile icon with a red line through it).

You will find that after the run or exercise, that the GPS tracking died right at the moment you got the error on the Blaze screen. 

SO. Rather than discuss the problem, or possible work-around in this topic, can you perhaps just leave a reply to say "me too" and also list your mobile device?  

This issue may be more common on android, but I'm not sure. I know of at least one person experiencing this on an iPhone 7, but I have a friend with an iPhone 6 who has NEVER experienced this. 

So I'll go first..... I get this on every run, randomly. I use a Google Nexus 5x (android). VERY frustrated. 

No longer a fitbit device user
Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

I wouldn't bother with chasing a fix for this.

When I emailed support they basically just say it's a problem with 'clouds, trees and building interfering with GPS signal'. Which is a load of tripe as it works perfectly with Strava on my phone or if I use Google Maps. The issue is down to some connectivity problem with the watch to the phone and the Fitbit App on GPS.

I have given up with it and won't be getting a fitbit again.

Best Answer

Hello! 

On my first use of GPS from Blaze and cell phone everything worked fine and I did a 5km walk and almost 60 minutes.

Already the other day after 500 meters or 10 minutes approximately lost the connection with the GPS of the cell phone.

I use a Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus and doing an analysis I discovered that the problem was in the simple fact disable the Wi-Fi from the mobile just leave the mobile data enabled.

So for my case the solution is: Whenever I go for a walk I leave the Wi-Fi ENABLED and everything works fine.

I hope it helps others who are having this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too Samsung galaxy s9

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up trying to connect every day. I'll start bike mode and let Fitbit track calories, heart rate and activity, but I use Samsung Health app to track actual miles. 

Best Answer

Me too onplus 3T

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Fitbit Charge and iPhone X

Best Answer

Hi

I was able to identify the issue with my Fitbit GPS disconnection. The
problem was related to the GPS on my phone malfunctioning. One it was fixed
the issue disappeared.

Regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, that is not my problem. I have solved it by using another app
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a feeling my phone gps was the issue. Thx!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, IPhone 6S Plus. 

Best Answer
0 Votes