Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Counting steps when its not supposed to?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my blaze a few days ago, my first ever activity tracker, but I noticed something at work. Since I use power tools while at work my arms shake, so as my arms shake I noticed the step count going up. Does the Blaze record step by it being shooken? I also carry my phone on me, and my fitnesspal also counts steps, and near the end of the day the Blaze was about 1000 steps higher so I'm not really sure if it was counting my arms shaking as steps. I even tried taking off the Blaze and shaking it with my hands to see and the step count went up by 10 or so, but im not sure if it was just syncing late or actually counting.

2nd case, earlier today

I woke up around 8ish to mow the lawn and I was on a riding lawn mower, no steps being taken. I finished in about 2 hours or so and just now I checked my steps and noticed that I have around 7k steps, how is that possible? Majoirty of the steps counted were while I was on the lawn mower.

Can anyone help me understand this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4
Hello @GHernandez18, Yes as you found out, your tracker looks at motion, when the moron looks like your walking steps will be recorded.
It is possible to log this time as driving.
Yes that slight up/down motion os simaler to having the Bkaze in your poxket and walking.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you think the device knows when you are walking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

well according to the site its supposed use an ''algorthym'' that knows when you're walking, pushing a stroller, etc etc

A simple yes, shaking it does cause it to go up would suffice

Best Answer
0 Votes
No step counter is 100% accurate, because every one uses motion to detect.
Every tracker on the market will patiently respond falsly to movement, someone giving extra steps amd sometimes missing them.
Best Answer
0 Votes