Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze - Distance Incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi There,

I've had a Blaze for the pas 2 months or so and use it everyday and love it!

The only issue is with the distance when running - I use it inconjunction with my phone and the fitbit app when running but the distance is never correct.

I have a particular 6km loop I run but it only logs 5km for example. I did a different 5km loop but it only recorded 4km and when I completed a 9km run it logged it as 15km!

Any ideas on how to sort this out? I have the stride setting set up as automatic.

Cheers

Alex 🙂

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Agreed, its a little ridiculous really.

Best Answer

Hello!

I did another run yesterday (Note for myself: I really need to try to run more often than once per week) and I still have good news.

(Again with run cues off and keeping the Connected GPS ON for few mins before starting the session)

FitbitFitbit

PolarPolar

As you can see there is a difference of 50 meters only on a 10k run (error 0.5%) that is more than satisfying.

In my next sessions I will start to make some tests to see what among the 2 factors (GPS on for a while before running or running cues off) is the culprit.

NOTE: still with old firmware.

Best Answer

That is quite good to see. I unfortunately get the same rubbish results regardless of time spent connected before run cues. I am hoping that the new firmware update will make a difference, when I finally get it. Thanks for keeping us updated

Best Answer

Really hope this gets fixed. It's kind of ruining the device.

Best Answer

First test with the new update, keeping running cues on. Distance tracked correctly, I hope it is not only a coincidence.

Best Answer

I woke up this morning to see the update was ready, got very excited and immediately updated and went for a run.... The disappointment continues, no change whatsoever! Below are the Nike Plus app and the Fitbit results respectively. As you can see its out by just over half a km. It did lose connection to the phone for a while, which also didn't happen until this update. So I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt this run. Will run on Thursday again and see, But I am not hopeful.Screenshot_2017-03-28-06-29-14.pngScreenshot_2017-03-28-06-28-24.png

Best Answer