Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.4 [Closed]

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/23 Update:

See the new firmware thread here

9/22 Update:

For those that have the firmware update already, new clock faces have been re-enabled.

We've continued the rollout process. If you don't yet have the update, please be patient. We'll post updates about the rollout when we have more information.

9/19 Update:

Hey everyone - it seems like we're struggling to maintain civil conversation on this topic, so I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread. We'll open a new thread once the firmware update goes into wider distribution. Until then, here are answers to the questions that keep getting asked here:

When will I be able to download the latest update?

The update is on hold while our team addresses an issue found at the beginning of the release. Once their work is complete, we will start rolling it out again. We generally don't announce specific dates or timeframes, but you will see the update on your dashboard as soon as it is available. The only thing you need to do right now is wait patiently.

Why did you release the latest update to only a small percentage of users?

We've done tons of testing on this new firmware, but there can still be unexpected issues when we release it. If every Blaze customer updated at once, those surprises would affect everyone. Instead, we use an incremental release to observe and address issues on a relatively small scale. We definitely want the best experience possible for our Blaze customers, and a slow, cautious release helps accomplish that goal.

If only 5% of Blaze users have the update now, does that mean 10% will have it next week and 15% will have it the week after? Won't that take forever?

Nope! We aren't moving in 5% increments. We started the release at 5% and will increase it in much larger increments once we are confident that it's good to go. You should receive it soon.

Why haven't you communicated this information to customers?

All this information was previously posted in this thread, and also added to the lead post. Any time you find a discussion of an emerging issue or a newly-released update, make sure to check the first post for the latest information. We aim for clear, concise, transparent, and frequent communication - you should always find what you need in the lead post.

9/15 Update:

The new Blaze update is currently available only to a very small percentage of users, as we are troubleshooting some emerging issues. It will be released more widely soon. Once it is available, you will see a banner at the top of your website or mobile app dashboard. Thanks for your patience!

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

The initial wave of users will receive the update starting September 12th, 2016, and will eventually be rolled out to everyone within a few days. If the update to the latest firmware version is not yet available for your Blaze, just hang tight!

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
556 REPLIES 556
Good news! And in September as promised 😉

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Had the update offered half an hour ago whilst out. It has now disappeared since returning home....

I now get "Your Fitbit tracker is already up to date!" (17.8.200.3)

Best Answer

Trying to get the update, but seems to be taking a very long time.. It's been running over a half hour and still hasn't finished. It does look like the progress indicator is growing, but not much and not fast. 

Really looking forward to the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also had one half hour ago went download when got home and then it's disapeared
Best Answer

Wooo hooo! I am so happy. I have been waiting for the reminders to move. That is fab! The update took a little longer than expected but it was so worth the little over 1/2 hour wait. 

Best Answer

Same happened to me.  20 mins ago.  So clicked on the pink update thingy and it vanished.  Tried via the macbook app, no response.

It simply disappeared before my very eyes as fast as it appeared.

Must be someone at fitbit forgot to switch the "trickle" update on, then remembered and barred the majority of user from the update.

Best Answer
No mention of any "fixes" except for auto brightness. What about wrong steps and GPS?
Best Answer

@jmattwood @Pinks1 It looks like the update briefly appeared as available for 100% of users, which was quickly corrected. As @AndrewFitbit mentioned above, we will be rolling out the update over the next few days, so you should have it soon.

Best Answer
I just updated the software for the Blaze. I chose a new clock face (which look great) and it started to sync but now the Blaze is stuck on the Today screen and the clock faces have all disappeared within the app so I can't even change back to the original one that I previously had. Please help.
Best Answer

oh so happy for a few moments to see it then poof ..   oh well.  glad to know it's rolling out.  Thank you for the update @MatthewFitbit

Best Answer

oh - one thing to be aware of - the android app shows the new faces available but selecting one will result in the Blaze screen staying on the "Today" screen if you select one before updating firmware.  

Best Answer
Having the exact same issue as @frosty64, my screen is completely frozen and I can't do anything. This is extremely frustrating. At least the app is still tracking steps, etc. as far as I can tell. Any help would be appreciated.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Odd. The clock faces I was just looking at on my app have now disappeared leaving only the originals. Guessing a few glitches are occuring? LOL

Best Answer
Same with iOS app for me. ugghhh. What a tease!
Best Answer

I did the update to my blaze and my mobile app. Do not see the new clock faces that you show in your screenshots at all. I only see the standard 4 clock faces that came with the blaze.

Best Answer
Yeah same for me. I changed my clock face and now it's stuck on a new one and I can't see the others. Unhappy
Best Answer

Still don't see the new clock faces on the app or the addition option for notifications.

Best Answer

@JenCline @frosty64 @maxtv Sorry for the trouble. Can you try giving your Blaze a restart? If that doesn't fix it, please let me know specifically what you're seeing on your tracker and in the app. We'll get this figured out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just logged into my account via safari and was able to change it on there and then sync with the app. But there are still no clock faces showing within the iOS app now so I guess that il, have to wait now until the update is fully rolled out.
Best Answer