Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.4 [Closed]

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/23 Update:

See the new firmware thread here

9/22 Update:

For those that have the firmware update already, new clock faces have been re-enabled.

We've continued the rollout process. If you don't yet have the update, please be patient. We'll post updates about the rollout when we have more information.

9/19 Update:

Hey everyone - it seems like we're struggling to maintain civil conversation on this topic, so I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread. We'll open a new thread once the firmware update goes into wider distribution. Until then, here are answers to the questions that keep getting asked here:

When will I be able to download the latest update?

The update is on hold while our team addresses an issue found at the beginning of the release. Once their work is complete, we will start rolling it out again. We generally don't announce specific dates or timeframes, but you will see the update on your dashboard as soon as it is available. The only thing you need to do right now is wait patiently.

Why did you release the latest update to only a small percentage of users?

We've done tons of testing on this new firmware, but there can still be unexpected issues when we release it. If every Blaze customer updated at once, those surprises would affect everyone. Instead, we use an incremental release to observe and address issues on a relatively small scale. We definitely want the best experience possible for our Blaze customers, and a slow, cautious release helps accomplish that goal.

If only 5% of Blaze users have the update now, does that mean 10% will have it next week and 15% will have it the week after? Won't that take forever?

Nope! We aren't moving in 5% increments. We started the release at 5% and will increase it in much larger increments once we are confident that it's good to go. You should receive it soon.

Why haven't you communicated this information to customers?

All this information was previously posted in this thread, and also added to the lead post. Any time you find a discussion of an emerging issue or a newly-released update, make sure to check the first post for the latest information. We aim for clear, concise, transparent, and frequent communication - you should always find what you need in the lead post.

9/15 Update:

The new Blaze update is currently available only to a very small percentage of users, as we are troubleshooting some emerging issues. It will be released more widely soon. Once it is available, you will see a banner at the top of your website or mobile app dashboard. Thanks for your patience!

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

The initial wave of users will receive the update starting September 12th, 2016, and will eventually be rolled out to everyone within a few days. If the update to the latest firmware version is not yet available for your Blaze, just hang tight!

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
556 REPLIES 556

I guess they might be beta testers, but that's just my 2 cents.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks
Best Answer

you're probably right, it was just a sensation. Usually a big brand is supposed to test things with some customers 1st, that's what I was thinking. I can live even without this update, no rush by my side, but it's surely pretty disappointing the way things have been managed. Something messed up lol

Anyway, let's see what will happen, pretty curious right now 🙂

Best Answer
@Julsieann, my workout option disappeared on day 2 after the update as well. I went into the app and workout was still showing there so I deleted it and added back again. When I resynced my Fitbit Blaze, it was now back in my list for exercise mode.
Best Answer
I currently have 17.8 301.4 on my Blaze. I do not expect they would release the update over the weekend. Hopefully we will see it tomorrow or later this week.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm really dissapointed with Fitbit regarding this Blaze update, It's been over a week and still no update on mine.... Don't know what I have to do to get it!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MRCadenas wrote:

I'm really dissapointed with Fitbit regarding this Blaze update, It's been over a week and still no update on mine.... Don't know what I have to do to get it!!!

You have to the do the same as everyone else, sadly nothing.  Just wait until the it is corrected and released to all.

Best Answer
@Peteypetekay heart rates are too low
@The_Lion all other workouts (run, weights, treadmill, kickboxing, spinning) are all still there. These are consistent with the settings in the app for my blaze, except my app also shows "workout".
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julsieann wrote:
@Peteypetekay heart rates are too low
@The_Lion all other workouts (run, weights, treadmill, kickboxing, spinning) are all still there. These are consistent with the settings in the app for my blaze, except my app also shows "workout".

Yes, I ha the same issue, remove it from the app, then put it back.  If you sync again, it should show up on the Blaze.  That worked for me, perhaps it will work for you too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@mcrmama I'll see if that works. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Very keen for the update, love my Blaze but the added notifications will be sensational. The greater the integration, the more I will enjoy it. 

I feel sorry for developers: they share details, then encounter real-world, unexpected problems after smartly releasing to a small batch of users first, and then get told off for it. Just want to say that as keen as I am for the update, I really appreciate the work of Fitbit to do what it is doing. Keep it up - and you'll always have a happy customer here.

Best Answer

Reading all the comments from so many unhappy/frustrated people, I have to say that I suspect that there are many people who wish their biggest problem was an update for a fitness watch that was a little later than expected. Take a breath, everyone, this is not a big deal. Serious perspective is needed here - it was amusing to read the angry posts at first, now I am just becoming irritated.

Best Answer

All of this and more.

@kgc wrote:

Reading all the comments from so many unhappy/frustrated people, I have to say that I suspect that there are many people who wish their biggest problem was an update for a fitness watch that was a little later than expected. Take a breath, everyone, this is not a big deal. Serious perspective is needed here - it was amusing to read the angry posts at first, now I am just becoming irritated.

Best Answer

kgc wrote:

Oh thank God someone put this into words.  Spot on.

First world problems, eh?

Best Answer
I think moderator should lock this thread as there will be no more firmware with this version. It has been destroyed to clean up fitbit history. Open a new thread with future firmware version.
Best Answer

Still no new release hereSmiley Sad Because I'm in Australia????? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still no update. Maybe the should have released like this:
Update 1: Reminder to move
Update 2: Clock Faces
Update 3: Whatever else they were planning on releaasing with the other updates.

Sorry if you wanted integration with other apps you should have taken the 200.00 dollars you spent on a tracker and bought an Apple Watch or whatever works with the Android products. It's a tracker watch not a smart watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes
version 17.8.200.3 are not automatically updated to version new.help
Best Answer
@dorketh Against my previous resolution to shut the heck up, I can't help myself.

I know all about software development. I've grown up in an environment that's all about software development. Here's how software development SHOULD work.

The developers are told by the client what features they should put in the software, then the developers tell them how long it will probably take. Then they write the code, as fast as they can, test it thoroughly, THEN marketing can announce it, and THEN they can release it.

What undoubtedly happened here:

The developers were told what the client wanted, and when. And to actual heck with them if they don't finish in time. Corners are cut. Software is announced by the machine before it is properly tested (maybe it's even unfinished at this point) and software is RELEASED before it is properly tested. Whose fault? Management. Not developers, management. Not even marketing, management (although you'd expect SOMEBODY would take a hint at this point.)

As for @SanFit, I don't agree with every rant that he's put forth, but every person on this thread who has responded to him has been unnecessarily offensive. Telling someone that he's getting "increasingly silly" or that he "doesn't live on this planet" is called an ad hominem.

Not that the other side of the debate hasn't called names either, but I think we should cut him some slack. He's arguing his whole side here basically. @racertempo and others have a whole team (sort of) to address the thoughts of San, so for every comment Sam makes there's been at least two responses, therefore, for him to respond to each, he must write more comments. Math! This gives the illusion that he's ranting, and, well, actually he is, but here's the solution:

Stop responding to arguments! At this point, everyone's gotten they're main point across, so now all that's left is to call names or be that self-righteous grammarless dude on the internet who wants to have the last word.

Whoops.

Anyway, here's to a better, less ranty, more helpful internet!

NOW EVERYBODY SHUT UP.

My smartphone typing is woefully slow. I'd better stop now.
Best Answer

Do we have any updated time frame when the update will be available for everyone else? This post is now a few days old. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes