Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.4 [Closed]

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/23 Update:

See the new firmware thread here

9/22 Update:

For those that have the firmware update already, new clock faces have been re-enabled.

We've continued the rollout process. If you don't yet have the update, please be patient. We'll post updates about the rollout when we have more information.

9/19 Update:

Hey everyone - it seems like we're struggling to maintain civil conversation on this topic, so I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread. We'll open a new thread once the firmware update goes into wider distribution. Until then, here are answers to the questions that keep getting asked here:

When will I be able to download the latest update?

The update is on hold while our team addresses an issue found at the beginning of the release. Once their work is complete, we will start rolling it out again. We generally don't announce specific dates or timeframes, but you will see the update on your dashboard as soon as it is available. The only thing you need to do right now is wait patiently.

Why did you release the latest update to only a small percentage of users?

We've done tons of testing on this new firmware, but there can still be unexpected issues when we release it. If every Blaze customer updated at once, those surprises would affect everyone. Instead, we use an incremental release to observe and address issues on a relatively small scale. We definitely want the best experience possible for our Blaze customers, and a slow, cautious release helps accomplish that goal.

If only 5% of Blaze users have the update now, does that mean 10% will have it next week and 15% will have it the week after? Won't that take forever?

Nope! We aren't moving in 5% increments. We started the release at 5% and will increase it in much larger increments once we are confident that it's good to go. You should receive it soon.

Why haven't you communicated this information to customers?

All this information was previously posted in this thread, and also added to the lead post. Any time you find a discussion of an emerging issue or a newly-released update, make sure to check the first post for the latest information. We aim for clear, concise, transparent, and frequent communication - you should always find what you need in the lead post.

9/15 Update:

The new Blaze update is currently available only to a very small percentage of users, as we are troubleshooting some emerging issues. It will be released more widely soon. Once it is available, you will see a banner at the top of your website or mobile app dashboard. Thanks for your patience!

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

The initial wave of users will receive the update starting September 12th, 2016, and will eventually be rolled out to everyone within a few days. If the update to the latest firmware version is not yet available for your Blaze, just hang tight!

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
556 REPLIES 556
@MatthewFitbit I got back to an original clock face through Safari but still cannot scroll to see Today screen, notifications, Settings, etc. It continues to buzz and show the Fitbit logo every few minutes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Firmware updates are always a little slower right when it first becomes available, since everyone is hitting the server simultaneously. Once the peak traffic dies down, the process will be much faster.

To anyone having trouble with the blank clock face, we are working on a resolution. Sorry for the trouble!

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

Firmware updates are always a little slower right when it first becomes available, since everyone is hitting the server simultaneously. Once the peak traffic dies down, the process will be much faster.

To anyone having trouble with the blank clock face, we are working on a resolution. Sorry for the trouble!

Matthew:

Just to be clear, I have one of the new clock faces running on the tracker.  The problem the IOS app is blank on the clock face selection screen, nothing to select from.  It was filled with new and old selections an hour ago, then it became blank, see the pic:

blaze.jpg

Best Answer

@RChobby Can you please try changing your clock face via the website dashboard, and then syncing? You might need to sync more than once.

Let me know if that gets things back to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same issue here. Blank selection screen
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was one of the anxious users who updated as soon as I spotted said update - faces were glitchy until the app couldn't switch any of them and the unit itself could not move from home screen and would only last a few seconds before crashing/auto-rebooting - trying to un-pair it was a mistake as it now refuses to re-pair and I don't have my charger on me (it's at home and I'm at work) to try to do the full reset ... so I guess I'm stuck for a while / rest of today at least.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sevey @nickdotvr Can you please try switching your clock face via the website dashboard, and then syncing? You might need to sync several times to see it go into effect. Let me know if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you believe this will force the situation to correct itself or just force people onto o e of the original 4 faces this renedering a large part of the update pointless?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the update. Notifications work perfectly. But I'm stuck with the four old clock faces. Also, trying to change them from the website does not work, since it only shows the four old ones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@marc00s Once things are corrected and the update has been successfully applied, you will have access to all the new and old clock faces. My troubleshoot above is to help those who are currently stuck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the web site. It only offers the original clock faces.

Best Answer

Try going into your settings on a computer and click on the Blaze with the battery, once there go to clock faces and choose one of the old ones and resync and it should change to the one that you choose.

Best Answer

My update took about 5 minutes from my iphone 5 on LTE. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Spoke to on-line chat. Update has frozen for me so had to abandon and will have to wait till its relaunched 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would LOVE to try that @MatthewFitbit unfortunately my instinct was let's un-pair tracker and re-pair tracker and it should be fine - WRONG Smiley Sad unfortunately tracker is now stuck in an infinite loop of reboot, alive for a few seconds but not pairing during these and reboot again (on the argyle watchface, for what it's worth)... so I'm pretty sure there's nothing else I can do until I'm home to try the full factory reset with the charger in the mix and pray for the best. Otherwise it's just stuck in the reboot cycle and that's that.

Best Answer
I am in the same boat as Jogger...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing, no new clock faces showing on the app or website. And some of my exercises have disappeared from the blaze although they still show as selected on the site. Bummer.
Best Answer
And I just realized I'm not receiving notifications either!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@nickdotvr Sorry to hear that. Have you tried the manual restart? To do that, hold down the left and bottom-right buttons for 10 seconds or so. If that doesn't get it back to a normal state, I'd recommend letting the battery die and then charging it back up. If it is constantly restarting, that shouldn't take too long.

Best Answer

I just updated mine, and restarted my Blaze and also do not see new clock faces. Just a waiting game again I guess

Best Answer
0 Votes