Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895
Andrew, is it being released per country?
Best Answer
And what do I have to do to check and see if I have the update or not
Best Answer

Thanks for the update @AndrewFitbit

Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer
Great news that the bug is fixed, thanks for keeping us informed Andrew! Looking forward to the new watch faces and additional functionality 👍
Best Answer

Any news when the Japan version will be released?

Best Answer
There is no Japan version. There is one version for everyone and it's in the middle of release now.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just found this thread!  Heard about the new Blaze firmware last month, and  have been looking for the new firmware to roll out.  I figured the delay had something to do with bugs/issues that needed to be resolved.

While I'm sure looking forward to the new features, I'm happy to wait till it's thoroughly tested and free of bugs. 

Best Answer

This firmware is not being released by country but in a way that the servers will stay up and running. Therefore it will look as if people randomly around the world are receiving this update. 

Best Answer

Update started and after a while ended saying with success. But It does not seems that I have the new Firmware. It still shows the old Firmware version!!! What is happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@foralwhich version is being reported on your tracker setting screen? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for listening & providing the new watch face options.

Best Answer
Before update 17.8.200.3
After update 17.8.200.3
Best Answer

That doesn't look good, did the notice requesting to update diss peer from the app and website? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The notice to update is disappeared after update.

Every 2-3 days I get the notice to update; after updating never changed anything!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love the new update.  The clock with steps is a plus and notifications of different apps is awesome.  On next update, can we log our water intake from watch instead of trying to find my phone and log it that way.  Thank you 

Best Answer
My tracker cannot switch on after the upgrade
Best Answer

What a very painful and disappointing firmware update release.

fitBIT should learn from U8 Smartwatch, price only 7 dollars, on how to be able to deliver FAST firmware distribution to its customers.

Random Selection is a partial treatment to customers.

Customers should be treated equally. They should have the same opportunity to make decision whether to update or not to update.

If fitBIT internet/server bandwitdh is the problem in releasing the firmware to ALL customers.

They actually can set a queueing process of download. They can limit the numbers of users at a time. The one who take action first, he/she could download the firmware.

Pink banner of update command should be available to ALL users.

When executed, the system will check for the users limit per time.

If has reached the limit, then the queueing process works.

"Your queue number is 9876. You have to wait for 36 persons before the download process resume automatically."

Waiting for honor invitation to download is a ridiculuos process of firmware release.

Why should I be treated as SECOND CLASS of users when I bought the Blaze same as others? It is not a free or gift tracker.

Best Answer
Hopefully I'll get the update soon!!! I've been waiting so long, been waiting for the update patiently, now I don't have to switch to apple! Thank you Fitbit!!!!
Best Answer