Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

I just see the Firmware update available on my tracker. However when I click on update tracker in the App, I get an error stating - Request failed Forbidden (403), any help with this will be great!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here Pinky Pink, Here Pinky Pinky.  I have a treat for you.

Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer
Awesomeness. If our previous axiom of an increasing percentage of users included in each push holds true, a lot of people will have the update at some point tomorrow.

I have yet to receive the much envied pink arrow.

And yes.

I literally check every thirty seconds.

Probably excessive.
Best Answer

@Karishma - If you are on WiFi turn it off and try again.  You maybe on a network that will not allow to access the site to download the update.  I know my work Wifi won't allow it so I have to do on LTE.

Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well the GREAT news is that even though I am not yet with the update there are a ton of posts coming in from multiple people saying that they do have the update. So that makes me feel good. At least it's rolling out so could be any day now.
Best Answer

@fischmar76 wrote:
My Blaze do have the following build XRAFB502. Anybody with the same buil who received already the update?

Same number and same problem. 

Fitbit Versa 2
Note 10 Aura White | Galaxy Watch 3 Silver | Buds+ White
Best Answer
0 Votes
Would be helpful if Fitbit Support can make a statement that the rollout is in relation to this build version. I'm located in Germany and tried to update via WiFi and LTE. Via both networks I received no update.
Best Answer

I'm located in Germany too, and no Update and same Blaze Build Number

Best Answer
@kenlpeters - age doesn't matter, I pre ordered day 1 and I still don't have the update.
Best Answer

@Rome23 - So that rules out age and country as how they chose the groups to roll it out too.  Thanks for the info.  I am now more confused now as I was yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes
As far as I know that's a model number, so it's quite likely that everyone has one of those. Again, not having the update yet is not a 'problem', it simply isn't available to everyone yet.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@GoForIt111 wrote:
What does it matter if if it takes a week for an update to get to everyone. Apple and Samsung have both done massive updates with massive issues. And isn't it better to take the time to workout all the kinks then everyone having to deal with the kinks in the first place.

It matters because most of the hatred is coming from people who usually say "apple never has these problems".  I even posted links to the many problems they just had with their roll out......but people don't care, they just want to say Fitbit stinks and screwed up this roll out and Apple is amazing.

Best Answer

The distribution of update availability is completely random. It is not based on order date, geographical location, or device build code.

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit - Thanks.  Interesting information.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you Matthew! If you can priorities my device, please don't hesitate to do so 🙂
Best Answer

I don't know if I would have had the pink arrow in the app. As I didn't have early in the evening I just put the dongle into my computer and started Fitbit Connect looking for the update.

And yes, I'm in Germany.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine updated around 130 today. Working great so far! 👍🏼
Best Answer

Just like my daddy always told me ..... "Son, you randomly suck!".  Fitbit confirmed.

Best Answer

I have one of the first Blaze (pre-ordered a few months) and I'm still waiting so I don't think serial number has anything to do with it.  maybe having a last name that starts with V?  Oh well...  Glad to see others getting it this week.  I'm sure mine will show up soon enough.  Thanks Fitbit!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

MikeF wrote:

You haven't invested in the company, you've bought a product.

Mike,

While your attitude on this issue is quite easy to understand, bear in mind that there are many diverse ways to invest in an organisation. Buying stock in a publicly traded company is one way. But what we’re all doing, to varying degrees, is putting resources in one specific institution in order to get very specific returns.

In this case, each of us has bought at least one Fitbit device. Chances are, many of us have bought several. Once you get into an “ecosystem” like the one surrounding Fitbit, you start putting a lot of eggs in the same basket. For instance, if your Fitbit device breaks and you use an activity tracker from another enterprise as a replacement, you notice how “invested” you really are in one platform. (It’s part of my reason for getting a Fitbit Blaze as the Garmin Vivosmart HR wasn’t an appropriate replacement for my Fitbit Charge HR).

What we’re doing here is putting some money towards products from a business we trust. The lack of trust in other manufacturers is apparent to those of us who, say, were on Jawbone for a while and left for Fitbit because Jawbone’s activity tracker business was showing signs of decreasing in relevance (with the associated poaching which happened at the time).

But we’re investing much more than money. For one thing, we’re “putting our data where our mouths are”. We’re providing Fitbit with lots of very intimate data about ourselves in the hopes of getting something in return. It’s possible to repurpose some of the data, but we’re deeply invested in the company’s servers being maintained for quite a while. We “bet our data” on a particular option.

When we share our Fitbit data with friends, we’re also making a social investment. Not to mention all the branding equity in speaking publicly about all the wonders of our Fitbit devices. In some cases, our reputations are on the line, since fitness trackers are among those things that we end up recommending to friends (who then come to the platform, increasing its value). It’s often the case that a company’s community is its best product. That could be a rather big part of the Fitbit story if, say, the organisation were to be bought.

We also invest quite a bit of time in Fitbit. Many of us who are writing these forum posts have a vested interest in the company’s success, because we’ve been investing time in making things work for us. This may sound trivial to you, but it may be one of those “weak signals” to investors that there’s something in the “passion” behind Fitbit.

So, you may not care about those forms of investment. But some of us hope that Fitbit itself does.

Best Answer