Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

just wondering, where exactly i'm going to see that pink arrow? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you open the app you'll see a pink banner on top.

Best Answer

Why such an odd way of rolling it out?

Charge a buck more for the devices and buy some better servers. 

Best Answer

@eyeball wrote:

Why such an odd way of rolling it out?

Charge a buck more for the devices and buy some better servers. 

The devices are overpriced already. Do not charge more than needed.
Rolling out new software in stages is a very good idea. If there is any bugs, it will affect a small group of customers instead of everyone.  When Google releases new OS, they will roll it out in stages. Heck I didn't get Lollipop until 1.5 months after it was released and I wasn't complainng.
Anyway, only a fool would download new software the minute it is released into the general public. Just look at Apple.  Shortly after new iOS gets released and made assessable to everyone, you get swams of people complaining about wifi or calls dropping off or apps not working with the new OS.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, me again.

If your post was removed from this thread recently, it was because it was in violation of the Community Guidelines. Most of the posts were removed for being off-topic, meaning the content posted was not related to actually updating or using the new firmware version.

I created this thread as a place for users to report their experience with the new firmware. This is not a thread to complain about the rollout process, or a thread to complain about not having the update yet. I know there's frustration and I sense the impatience, but please keep this thread as clean as possible. Threads like this are a great way for us to quickly identify issues (like with the last update). 

From what I've observed, things are going well so far with users updating to the newest firmware. My guess would be that more users could potentially receive the update sometime this week.

Here's the lead post of this thread if you haven't yet seen it.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Compulsively checking on the firmware update. Not complaining. Can’t wait for it to come, that’s all.

Wish it were possible to “pull” it. Those of us who are so eager to get our devices updated can also be champions of the cause…

Best Answer

Well said, @GeoGio. We can all understand how hard it can be for community managers like @AndrewFitbit to keep such conversations civil and productive. But we’re also building our own sense of belonging, here, however trite it may sound from the outside. We all have different reasons to use a fitness tracker, but we share some expectations as to what may come out of it.

Best Answer

Blaze don't support the Unicode fonts, so I can not read the message in Vietnamese 😞 (I think many other language is the same)

Could you note this for the next update?

Best Answer
Currently we have at least three other threads that also have many posts complaint about not having the update.. Yes I agree a forth post on the same hijacked subject is not needed.
Best Answer

Thanks Andrew.  So looking forward to the new release and new functionality.  Love my Blaze!

Best Answer
0 Votes
How can I change the language? I used to have Korean on the blaze but after this updates it's gone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@hughchoi changing the language is done through your personal settings, either on the web or the app.. You will need to adjust your location, then sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@hughchoi changing the language is done through your personal settings, either on the web or the app.. You will need to adjust your location, then sync. 

Does that mean I no longer have to download a new language specific firmware whenever I change the language? If that is the case, then I am excited to get the new firmware. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The point is that:
Why are you waiting after a 5% users testing period?
Just pull out this version!
Best Answer

I've had the update for a few days now, and really like the changes other than the fact that there's no way to turn the notifications off at night other than manually unchecking them.  I get emails through the night from various systems or people on the other side of the world, which wakes me up with a buzzing every time.

If you are looking for ideas for the next release, stopping notifications when you are asleep (like the reminders to move) would be great!

Fitbit Blaze and Samsung S4. Previously Charge HR (wasn't as waterproof as I thought) and One (If you find it can you let me know)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RhysLewis wrote:

I've had the update for a few days now, and really like the changes other than the fact that there's no way to turn the notifications off at night other than manually unchecking them.  I get emails through the night from various systems or people on the other side of the world, which wakes me up with a buzzing every time.

If you are looking for ideas for the next release, stopping notifications when you are asleep (like the reminders to move) would be great!

This is something that I'm going to have to consider once I receive the update; some form of "do not disturb" would likely be welcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ddtnero wrote:
The point is that:
Why are you waiting after a 5% users testing period?
Just pull out this version!

The .4 release experienced issues, so a new .7 release is being made available - there has been no mention of a "5%" for this new release - it is being rolled out to all, but not in one big bang.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that both recent Android and iOS versions have do not disturb settings.

On my android device I can tell it whether to allow messages, calls, events, alarms, calls from specific people or all calls, repeat calls only...... all with an automatic time window.

I would assume that with this in place, the notifications won't be sent, so won't be picked up by the fitbit software.

I'm sure someone will confirm if they have the firmware and do not disturb set up - I don't have the firmware yet 😞

Best Answer

@RhysLewis wrote:

Hi,

have you tried activating the "Do not disturb" function on your linked smart phone during your bedtime?

Regards

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Waiting patiently across many continents and checking constantly (I live in Nepal).

Love the Blaze!

As you have floor information - it may be a good idea to have elevation information in the next uodate. Would be useful for my trail runs in the mountains!

Best Answer