Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

Hi

And how do you know it was updated? At no point FitBit App update check. And when the Russian language,

or at least Unicode messaging in the notification? Thank you.

Best Answer

@RhysLewis - Although I do not have the update yet I was curious about this same topic.  I am wondering if having privacy mode turned on your phone will cause the notification not to trigger, thus not allowing them to the watch.  Have tried Privacy Mode and what was your experience?

Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndrewFitbit wrote:

Hi everyone, me again.

If your post was removed from this thread recently, it was because it was in violation of the Community Guidelines. Most of the posts were removed for being off-topic, meaning the content posted was not related to actually updating or using the new firmware version.

I created this thread as a place for users to report their experience with the new firmware. This is not a thread to complain about the rollout process, or a thread to complain about not having the update yet. I know there's frustration and I sense the impatience, but please keep this thread as clean as possible. Threads like this are a great way for us to quickly identify issues (like with the last update). 

From what I've observed, things are going well so far with users updating to the newest firmware. My guess would be that more users could potentially receive the update sometime this week.

Here's the lead post of this thread if you haven't yet seen it.

It would be better if you use your time in removing customers' complaint posting for giving a clear explanation of the firmware release rollout. How the process works, in what stages now, when will the last user be expected to get the firmware, what is the problem fitBIT facing? We need your voice more than your right in removing any post here.

Best Answer

@EFTC there never been seperatr firmware for different locations, it has always been packs just like your phone has. Changing the location triggers the language pack to be downloaded dyeing the next sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You said exactly what I was thinking (plus a few technical details:).
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SanFit wrote:

Next time, I would think hundred times before making decision to invest money to this company.

You haven't invested in the company, you've bought a product.

The rollout continues as more people are popping up all the time having just received it. It's looking good this time around.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I just synced to check and the sync finished and now it says "waiting..." with the spinning wheel.  Maybe this is sign the update could be near.  But nope ...  still waiting.   So close but yet so far.

Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am waiting for the update and elusive pink banner. If Apple can sign up to Google Cloud to help ease their load balance and look after their own Apple infrastrcuture, why can't FitBit throw a few copper coins at some cloud based service to reduce the work load and silence the crying voices that can be heard across this forum. Badly managed update, but our protests mean nothing as FitBit only listen to shareholders.

Best Answer

If you want to turn off notifications at night just swipe down from the main clock screen.  From there you can turn on and off notifications.  I do it every night.  Oh...and I love the update.

Best Answer

Andrew, I'm sorry to say this BUT the update is extremely slow in being rolled out. You updated us saying on 9/22 or 9/23 the fix is in. Today is 9/26 that is four days later and no "infamous pink banner yet"  Please update us in HOW fast this roll out is going to be and not oh you will eventally get in a week or two. FitBit is suppose to be the top excersie tracker in the world but this roll out is sub par.  Again sorry for this reply. 

Best Answer

Roadmap.. Too hard to do?

Best Answer

@wysiwyg78 wrote:

Andrew, I'm sorry to say this BUT the update is extremely slow in being rolled out. You updated us saying on 9/22 or 9/23 the fix is in. Today is 9/26 that is four days later and no "infamous pink banner yet"  Please update us in HOW fast this roll out is going to be and not oh you will eventally get in a week or two. FitBit is suppose to be the top excersie tracker in the world but this roll out is sub par.  Again sorry for this reply. 

Whilst no expectations have been given other than "it is being rolled out", or "you will have it soon" it would be nice to have some idea on timescales.

As for it being sub-par, that would be typical of the tech industry as a whole.  Apple make mistakes on updates (iOS 10.0.1 is already being rolled out to fix bugs on iOS10), Android device updates are a hit and miss affair.

Best Answer

@sevk wrote:

If it is IMPOSSIBLE...

At least, there should be a clear explanation of what is happening at fitBIT in relation with firmware update rollout.

Best Answer

It is also 6 AM on the West Coast.  I am thinking we won't have movement until 12pm or 1 pm EST.

Best Answer
Wow !!! I really was hoping I would've seen the most sought after update banner, but I did not. 9am in Houston and still waiting.

Best Answer

@sevk wrote:

A public roadmap - I wouldn't ever expect them to do that.

Anyway, I'm in the UK, my blaze has just popped up with the banner and is updating.

Of course, i am joking.  No signs of any banner or update today.

Best Answer

I have the update button, but does nothing when I select it.  Am I missing something? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking on the brightside, when I get my reminder to move update at least I can use it to remind me to check whether there is a firmware update.  

Best Answer

@SanFit wrote:

@AndrewFitbit wrote:

Hi everyone, me again.

If your post was removed from this thread recently, it was because it was in violation of the Community Guidelines. Most of the posts were removed for being off-topic, meaning the content posted was not related to actually updating or using the new firmware version.

I created this thread as a place for users to report their experience with the new firmware. This is not a thread to complain about the rollout process, or a thread to complain about not having the update yet. I know there's frustration and I sense the impatience, but please keep this thread as clean as possible. Threads like this are a great way for us to quickly identify issues (like with the last update). 

From what I've observed, things are going well so far with users updating to the newest firmware. My guess would be that more users could potentially receive the update sometime this week.

Here's the lead post of this thread if you haven't yet seen it.

It would be better if you use your time in removing customers' complaint posting for giving a clear explanation of the firmware release rollout. How the process works, in what stages now, when will the last user be expected to get the firmware, what is the problem fitBIT facing? We need your voice more than your right in removing any post here.

He has done that, several time, you just want to fight and argue.  Take a breath, put the keyboard down for a few days.....or just return your Blaze since your vitriol and even you screen-name on here just show you are looking for reasons to blast Fitbit on here.

Best Answer
Yo.

Two things. First of all, I remember a certain mod on a certain thread saying certain things, that sounded kinda like "We start the update progress in 5% increments, and then those increments get bigger as we gain confidence in the soundness of the firmware... or something."

Total paraphrase. I don't even remember which thread Inheard it on, but it certainly was there.

Second: Let's practice delayed gratification so that we aren't accused of being first-world toddlers. I mean, I'm just as ticked off as the next guy, and I think Fitbit could have handled it much better on all counts, but I also believe that we're kinda ridiculously blessed and even spoiled to have 200 bucks to drop on a watch, and even though these features are being advertised by Fitbit already, well, just chill out. It's coming. I completely disagree with Fitbit for advertising before we have the features, but they are coming. Why are we complaining?

Let's not be so materialistic. Don't live up to the stereotype.

They have obvious practical reasons not to roll it out in one big wave. It's not necessarily server bandwidth. Although that's certainly part of it.
Best Answer