Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895
@MatthewFitbit I certainly here you. I get you don't want to have to back out of dates that you previously stated. I've given myself a DATE now just so that I can go on about other things. So I'm telling myself 10/6 as the final date with the following assumptions: 10% rollout per day, only Monday to Friday no weekends, starting with Friday as the first full day. That's just so that I don't get more agitated than I already am.

I don't like ordering things from Amazon because I can't stand the 2-3 day wait for my items. But what helps me get over that is the constant update from Amazon letting me know the date and expected delivery day. I wanted to get an Apple Watch Series 2 BUT I didn't because Apple clearly let me now that if I hit the "buy" button that my watch would not ship until 3 to 5 weeks. I wasn't willing to wait that long and I am happy with that decision. My expectation was set from day one.

I understand Fitbit doesn't want to give a date. I get it. BUT you have to stop using "soon" and start using verbiage that does level set the customers with the correct outlook. "Soon" is the wrong word and sets the wrong expectation which causes more frustration.
Best Answer
Darn it! I meant hear not here. Lol.
Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@kenlpeters We don't announce dates in advance. The whole point of the progressive rollout is to watch for unexpected issues - if something like that happens, the timeframe changes and any dates we've announced will no longer be accurate.

We started the update last week, and backed off when we discovered an issue. We've now reinitiated it, and expect to steadily increase the release if no further issues are discovered.

Is this a joke? So you officially test the firmware to involuntary beta users? OMG, I think I have to wait very long for the update… Although, so i can replace the Blaze to guarantee, before being sold and changes to the Apple Watch. 🙂

Why Fitbit can't do a normal rollout, like every other Company? Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

@Mastr We extensively test our updates before release. However, it's always possible for unexpected issues to emerge once that update is delivered to a massive scale of users in unique situations. The progressive rollout allows us to spot such issues and deal with them before proceeding with the wider release.

This release model is probably more common than you realize. We've found that it's the ideal method to ensure customers have the best possible experience with their trackers.

Best Answer
I agree. If that's what the post actually said it would be quite surprising.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit  can you tell me why my phone or fitbit do not update when I hit the pink "update Tracker" button?  I have rebooted both, with same result.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Suncountry What happens when you tap the update button? Is there any reaction in the app at all?

Have you tried updating via Fitbit Connect on a desktop computer?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very happy to say that I jest received the update!  Took about 5-7 minutes, but so far, so good!  I enjoyed my Blaze before and I will enjoy it more now!

Best Answer

@ReddyKilowatt - Did you do anything special for the update to apear or was Synching just enough?

Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still waiting over here
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was just reading posts on this forum and I went back to refresh my app and there it was. Update available!
Give me a few minutes to update and I'd be happy to answer any update related questions you may have.
Best Answer
Just got my update as well. Opened up my app to sync my Blaze, and there was the coveted pink arrow!
Best Answer
@ReddyKilowatt That is awesome!! I am really feeling good that some people are posting that they are getting the update. That really helps in making everyone more optimistic about the future of their update coming. Way to go!! Can everyone else post their positive upgrade update here as well. I know that I will share mine as soon as I get the notification.
Best Answer

I just got the update also. Took about five minutes to update. My watch buzzed and vibrated at me. I had no notifications on. Went into the app, and there was the red arrow. I am updated to .7 version. Yay!

Best Answer

I was also pushed the arrow just now!! Time to update, fingers crossed everything goes according to plan!

Best Answer

The pink arrow has just appeared! 🙂

Best Answer
Just refreshed my app and it says there is an update gonna do mine now
Best Answer

One hour ago my app had no pink banner. Now I've put the dongle into my computer and started Fitbit Connect. It told me that there is an update. I'm just downloading.

Best Answer

Just got my Pink Arrow!!! 🙂 Here's hoping all goes well (fingers crossed).

Best Answer

got it here as well, I'll let you know how's working! finally hellyeah

Best Answer