Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

I must have the latest serial number produced....  waiting with baited breath

Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer

Took about 10 mins, initially a little laggy until it 'cleaned up'.  App showed all the clock faces and they changed first time.  Loving it, just waiting for a notification now.

Best Answer
Finally done with the update time to play around with it
Best Answer

Just received my update!  Thank you Fitbit team 🙂

Best Answer

My new faces and reminders to move is on. Total updating was about 8 mins on my end. I hope you all get your update today. I'm relieved to not have to wait anymore. The reminders to move will come in handy. I sit at a desk and when I get busy I forget to move within the hour so this is a major plus for me. Thanks to Andrew for patiently updating us all as much as he could.

Best Answer
I finally received the update. I appologize for all my previous mean posts. I think now I can be now be human again. 🙂
Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit  I am using my phone to connect.  It reacts to my press and changes color.. but nothing more.  It comes right back when I release my finger.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Suncountry Do you have a computer available to try the update via Fitbit Connect? That might be the simplest way to get updated.

If not, let me know which phone model and OS you are using. Please also verify that Bluetooth is on and that you are able to sync your tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Really a pity the update is still not available for my watch. I should have the latest Hardware build version (just bought it two weeks ago), but do anybody know how to verify this?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Got my update today! Works great and worth the wait. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit  I figured it out.  I had to update the app (iPhone) to the most recent version.  Once I updated the app and went back in, it is now updating.  Thanks!  ...btw.. I typically do not connect my Mac to the Fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received the update. Now I can see the hours I moved 250+ steps on my Blaze. But why does it say 0/8 hours for today? The app says 4 hours. I just restarted the Blaze, no change. Anybody else with that problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@fischmar76 - I am in the same boat.  I bought last week and I still don't have the update.  Sounds like they are going oldest to newest and we are in the back of the bus.

Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer
My Blaze do have the following build XRAFB502. Anybody with the same buil who received already the update?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hallelujah!!!! Finally got the update and the step count is wasaaaaaaaaaay moreally accurate. Now I just need to correct today's to match what I've actually done and that 3/4ths nonsense will be in the past.

Thanks Fitbit sorry to B&Madsen about it so much. We all got frustrated that the software wasn't working for about 6 months. Onwards and upwards
Best Answer
0 Votes

@fischmar76 - I have the same build as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dang, everyone is getting the update except for this guy.  Back to waiting. Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes
Firmware downloaded and installed, new watch face selected. All done in less than 10 min, Bluetooth connection to iPhone 6.
No massive pain here, so thank you Fitbit team and mods 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

@The_Lion - I've seen people post that it doesnt grab the pre update info. - All should be fine and synced after 12am heading into tomorrow. Congrats on receiving the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What does it matter if if it takes a week for an update to get to everyone. Apple and Samsung have both done massive updates with massive issues. And isn't it better to take the time to workout all the kinks then everyone having to deal with the kinks in the first place.
Best Answer
0 Votes