Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

Mine came around noon today.  It's now 1 pm and it seems to be working just fine.

Turning off my email notifications for this thread...it's totally dominated my inbox over the past several days!

Best Answer

@racertempo wrote:

most of the hatred is coming from people who usually say "apple never has these problems". 

Really? Intriguing hypothesis. Care to delve into it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Quite right, I don't see that as any form of investment but I appreciate the time you've taken to explain it. I guess I can understand the viewpoint but I still don't buy into it. From my point of view I've swapped money for a tracker and used a free service to store my data. Obviously it's not free, Fitbit pay for it, so if anyone's made an investment, they have. Fitbit certainly don't owe me anything as a result of these transactions, I've had the tracker and the 'free' service.

I think my views partly come about because the only time I've ever seen anyone mention such a thing is when they're complaining about something and try and use it as a lever to get what they want out of whatever company it is at the time. As a result, I tend to view that sort of thing as simply an excuse for customers to talk up their own self-importance.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I would like to invest some time, money, coding to move my randomize number closer to the top of the list. 🙂

Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer
Hey all. I had an open case with a Fitbit Support. Caroline from FitBit Tech Support committed to following up with me within two days. She just replied again and has stated via email that as of 2:50PM Central that the update has been pushed to 30% of the customer base. And the project team expects that a larger percentage portion will continue throughout the rollout. Hope this helps everyone.
Best Answer

Quick question on the notifications for the third party apps... I only see pass.com.starbucks.card on my App Notifications Screen. When will the others be available?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not bad!! 2 weeks after the initial announcement of the update and 30% of users have it. I thought VZW was bad at pushing new firmware out to its customer base!!
Best Answer

Ooops Nevermind. It looks like it might just be a slight delay from a few hours ago. Guess my phone and App are playing catch up. I see all of my other apps on there. Fitbit, Instagram, Pact, You Tube, Etc.

Carry on then... Smiley Tongue

Spoiler

Best Answer
I'm having troubles updating my firmware.
My tracker is nearby my phone, my bluetooth is turned on and phone and tracker are connected as my tracker shows a progress bar when starting the upgrade. I have an active internet connection and the battery level is more than 50 percent. Then my tracker shows a big red warning sign and my phone shows the update had failed. What can I do?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just try to start the update again. Keep the screen of your phone on. Maybe you have to restart your tracker before the next try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SassyDayZee All of your nofications will appear on your Fitbit app once your phone actually receives them. If you don't get a notification from messenger say, it won't show up to add to the Blaze until it does. Hope that this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

update came in 7pm uk time.

It seems as though you can set notifications for the 3rd party apps only after the notification has come through on that app to trigger the toggle in fitbit (if that makes sense)

eg, fitibit notification menu blank.

your phone gets an amazon notification

you are now able to select amazon in the fitbit app 

I hope fitbit take this onboard on how they roll out updates next time. They have not been open, transparent and messed with expectations.

Make the updates more like apple; announce, release to all. Do all the alpha testing before. Widen the group to beta. It's why people move to companies like Apple so fitbit needs to get this right. This has been a learning experince.

Fitbit can't be bothered to fix a big bug that takes minutes and lasted years
Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@Mastr We extensively test our updates before release. However, it's always possible for unexpected issues to emerge once that update is delivered to a massive scale of users in unique situations. The progressive rollout allows us to spot such issues and deal with them before proceeding with the wider release.

This release model is probably more common than you realize. We've found that it's the ideal method to ensure customers have the best possible experience with their trackers.

The best possible experience with the tracker is to wait 4 weeks?

(Yes, the changelog was online since the first week in September, maybe because there was the presentation of the Apple Watch 2?)? LOL. This is just frustrating. I have no longer a desire for the update, although I was a big Fitbit Fan for a long time...

Best Answer
Thank you!

Daisy
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mastr The best possible experience is one where we catch and resolve issues before they affect the entire userbase. That was evidenced in the exact scenario we all just lived through:

The update first released on 9/15, and was halted when we found a problem. We took a week to resolve the problem, and then started up again on 9/22, steadily increasing ever since. Because of the progressive rollout method, we completely resolved something that would have had negative impact on a large number of Blaze users, before they ever had a chance to experience it - and the cost was 1 week of waiting.

Hopefully that makes the rationale clear. If you have additional questions about our release process, I welcome you to send me a PM.

Best Answer
Got the update in the UK, synched at 9.30 BST it took 40 mins. All working as it should, thank you Fit bit! 👍😉
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got the update but the notifications for ither apps are not there just mail. What is supposed to happen for the remonders tl move? I intentionally did mot move much the last hour to see what would happen and nothing did.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Notifications for each app becomes available after the first notification for each app apears.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndrewFitbit Do you know if anyone in the USA has the update? I'm in Buffalo, NY.... still no update here. I'm sorta getting tired of waiting. I see people in the UK got it not long ago, are we next?  (if anyone knows, message me, here or on twitter name is @TheAcornWarrior)

Best Answer

Just got the update like 20 min ago! I'm in Chicago IL

Best Answer