Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

I figured I paid almost 200 for my fitbit blaze for the music controls so why now put them to use.

Best Answer

Do you have Bluetooth Classic paired too?

Can you get the music controls to work without the headphones - just playing through speakers on phone?   

I have used the Blaze controls when playing through a Bluetooth speaker system, so it should be possoble 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

..what about enabling it to sync with Android 5.0.1 ..Huawei P8 lite? No messages or call notifications received. So many people still running this Android version, and are experiencing this same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't change my clock face tooment, even though app and website show that clock face, plus now my Blaze is a half hour slow.  Not syncing now.  Was working with my Google Pixel XL fine for weeks, now I'm ready to set my Blaze on fire!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still on version 8.301.8. Should I be? No performance issues at this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fixed the problem already, I was on here with a tech and all it took was an update on my phone. Thank you though for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too just had this problem, I resolved it by going into settings inside blaze and seeing it to PAIR, AND THEN on phone selecting classic.  Then syncing the blaze to paint and it fixed all issues. I also have pixel XL

Best Answer
0 Votes

PS. I also have pixel xl

Best Answer
0 Votes

c'mon where's that update??

i wanna see that O2 measure!

Best Answer

I hope the Blaze gets an update to make the "notification to move" and sleep alarm vibration more customizable. Half of the time I don't notice the "notification to move" vibration because it is so subtle and half of the time the sleep alarm doesn't work for me because it only vibrates a few times and then completely stops.

Best Answer

I wonder if some vibrates more than others. Mine has a pretty strong vibration and I can feel it in the morning and reminder to move.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nerfgun wrote:

c'mon where's that update??

i wanna see that O2 measure!

Me too; that was "rumoured" to be February - will be a darned handy feature!

(I'd also like an option to connect to a bluetooth HRM, as it stands the blaze is hysterically inaccurate when I'm training, but thats the way with rowing and skiing)

Best Answer

Hi,

any news regarding this new patch? Anyone?   🙂

Best Answer

@dorketh @mari5ha See my post here regarding the next Blaze update.

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone, I'm closing this thread out. If you're looking for info on the new Blaze update that was announced, check the post from Matthew in this thread. We'll create a dedicated firmware thread for the new update when the time comes. Thanks!

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer