Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895
@SunriseRun1250

https://twitter.com/jezcpp/status/779639421670916096

So I guess it's a complete random thing 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
@AndrewFitbit Andrew, people just don't get uncivilized for no reason in a tech blog/thread. Actually, I was surprised no one took a political stab at it. The point is it's not your fault, but you are the only Fitbit moderator that has been at least providing updates. Please understand everyone's frustration:

How is it possible that an update is thrown out randomly like that? Everyone around the world read there was a new firmware update coming in Sept and got so excited because it was long overdue. And when the moment arrives it turns out it was only deployed to 5% of people. Under what selection process? Was there a website or email sent to sign up for "beta testing"?
All of us Blaze owners deserve this update to be available from day one. If you wanted to test it first before RTW (release to world) then do a beta test with a few users that sign up for it and DO NOT post the release notes or start publicizing new features. This is what got people histerical! I've had my Blaze since March (almost day 1) and before a Charge HR and all firmware updates as long as I recall were immediately available as soon as release notes were posted online.

In this case, there were actual bugs that were fixed and not a lot of people were impacted due to that 5% deployment, but that is NOT the way to beta test something. Given the Blaze is the top-tier device (sorry Surge) this is unacceptable and should be fixed for future releases.
Best Answer

Hey everyone! I think the update is tied to your account, not your device or your location. So changing your location won't help and no devices in the stores have the update - you always update after purchase. I'm waiting with bated breath too. Even worse, I might not have time to install the update until NEXT THURSDAY. Kidding. I'll make time. But we all have to wait for our turn.

Best Answer
Excited for the update! Love my blaze so far and the update will make it that much more awesome.
Best Answer

Can anyone tell me if this update will fix the duplicate text notifications?  That is the most annoying part of the blaze.  

Best Answer
I have a feeling we won't see the update until Monday the earliest now. Do Fitbit staff/engineers work at the weekend?

I might be wrong but I don't expect anything until then.
Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

The update will probably never come to the second class users! 😡 Very poor communication and marketing. 😬😡

Best Answer
"Second class users". I assume you're joking here, the update is rolling but I guess we don't know how automated the roll is or whether human intervention is required at certain points.

(The levels of life-and-death propriety some others are attaching to this is truly stunning.)

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@N8teGee I hope we're not waiting until Monday. People have seemed to get the update today so there's hope it's just rolling out slowly? It's just a guess as nobody from fitbit has said how it's rolling out. 

Fitbit can't be bothered to fix a big bug that takes minutes and lasted years
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am frustrated too. I bought the Fitbit Surge 4 months ago or so and the Blaze came out a week later. So I gave the Surge to my Dad and bout the Blaze. That's $450 on FitBit in a week. I was excited about the call, text , and calendar updates in color which was why I shelled out the money without questioning. Since the Apple Series 2 came out I've been holding back from getting it. Telling myself I love my Blaze. Last night I was on the brink of ordering Apple then saw that I could get 3rd party notifications and new faces, etc. I saw it on FitBit website displaying it as a current feature. I try try all night and morning to get the update finally calling in frustration only to be told I have to wait indefinitely and be patient. It's frustrating because I wouldn't be expecting it if Fitbit wasn't announcing it making customers feel like they have this option. Also it's not rocket science - if Apple can release an iOS to the world in a day I'm sure FitBit can kick this into a higher gear.
Best Answer
What a pitiful update and rollout.I agree with @eulisef above.
Best Answer

I'm kind of bumming, I'm one of those who has the Blaze since day 1 and still have not received the update yet...  What's up w/that?

Best Answer
Thanks for the update. Iv been wating for this but understand updates can be buggy. Look forward to my notification that I can update.
Best Answer
@SunriseRun1250 I hope I'm wrong, but from experience most companies tend not to roll out updates at the weekend. I think mainly if there are issues there is no one working to deal with it. Like I said I may be wrong, and on this occasion I do hope I am.
Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Same here, I pre ordered mine and I think that entitles me to first dabs on the firmware roll out! Seriously though we've 'patient' enough! I was one of last to get the 8.200.3 firmware too.

Open app sync repeat......

Best Answer
0 Votes
I usually get the updates fairly quick. I really can wait. Although I did get my IOS update for my iPhone and like it..
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:
I usually get the updates fairly quick. I really can wait. Although I did get my IOS update for my iPhone and like it..

Still waiting in Seattle...think I'll go for a run!

Best Answer
Restless in Kansas City - waiting for the Pink Arrow. In theatres now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got a series of long vibrations on my Blaze late this morning.  Found out it was a notification I'd received the update.  Got it downloaded and installed very quickly and easily, about 10 minutes.  It is working great so far.   Just so you know, don't keep checking to see if it's available yet, it will let you know!

Best Answer

Mine had several long vibrations late this morning, so just check when you first put it on.  If you're wearing it, it will let you know when you receive the update.

Best Answer