Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

I just bought the blaze and I have been trying to get the update on the version says it can take up to 10 min... first time failed.  I tried again and now it has been updating for over 20 minutes.  Is this normal or is there a workaround?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting very frusterated with my Blaze. I have tried updating it every day since the firmware was released and no matter what I do it never completes the update. I have a full battery and I am on my home wifi. I have reset my tracker, restarted my phone, uninstalled fitbit on my phone and reninstalled but nothing. no results no update. 

Best Answer
I am having the very same problem. Help!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've tried updating my Blaze several times, still on version 8.301.7
Not really having problems, I like this Blaze better than all I've had and I've had almost every one offered. Just would like the latest version...
Best Answer
0 Votes

May I ask if the update has even started? Ie: do you see an updating bar across the face  of the Blaze.

Also you want to move the app to the background once it has started

Best Answer
0 Votes
When there is a incoming call, I couldn't answer or decline it on my watch. I need to take out my phone and answer the call. Anyone got this problem? The version of my watch is 17.8.301.7.
Who know how to fix it?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you have the problem with the call notification? I couldn't answer or decline the call on my watch. Could you please help me?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it starts but gets about halfway through and then poof failed to update.
Best Answer

@Ck9779 as long as the bar on the tracker increases, I would keep trying, or try another device to update through. If your on android try 'm oth wifi and cellular data.

@Dixon1 I had to search to see what os your phone runs, on android there is no option to answer or reject a call from the Blaze. See https://www.fitbit.com/devices

Best Answer
@Rich_Laue Thnx😀
Best Answer
0 Votes
Anyone who wants a digital face with the second counter, the day and the date?
I requested it for Surge a long time ago but fitbit hasnt done anything about it.
Blaze with that face would be ideal for me.
Hope fitbit will listen to its customers even once.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze should be arriving tomorrow. Do I need to do the update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update starts automatically during the setup.

Best Answer

Having the latest software for the Blaze installed gives access to the newest functions (new several clock faces since the previous  version,.. and others.. making the tracker more stable).. and more..

All changes can be read about in the Fitbit Article:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1372

Best Answer
0 Votes

You really need to take the Zone clock face and simply make one that looks exactly like it but where the background stays dark blue.  Anyone who wears reading glasses cannot not see all functions on ANY of the clock faces you have provided.  even the new ones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From my experience, the past 7-8 months, Fitbit Blaze is automatically updated when you sync. 🙂  dan in sonora, california

Best Answer
0 Votes

F                                   From my experience, 7-8 months,  my Fitbit Blaze automatically updates when I sync each morning. 🙂  dan in sonora, california

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a Beta user and just got version .8 today but can't see any difference. Is it just a bug fix?

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Poo  According to the release notes, that version is being released to correct sync issue with iOS 10.2. 

You can view it HERE

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

@Kmransom123

Hi and thanks - I'm Android not iOS so have to confess that I didn't read about that issue!

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
0 Votes