Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895
@SanFit I know exactly how you feel. Five of my coworkers have the update since yesterday, and loving it.

I'm on the sidelines refreshing the **ahem** app every thirty minutes hoping to see the update banner.

Best Answer

Is the rollout country wise? I'm from India and I couldn't see the udpate in my circle. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, we have been told it is not by region.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope @SathyaWP it is world wide. We all will be getting it eventually, take a deep breath and go for a walk, I'm also waiting. 

Best Answer
Hopefully this takes care of statistics "not earned" I've been getting crazy active minutes, even more than steps merit?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Also seriously over recording sleep
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you @AndrewFitbit. A few hiccups but I appreciate the upgrade. Love the reminders to move!
Best Answer
Thank you for keeping us updated @AndrewFitbit, I'm hoping the gremlins have been fixed and the update is pushed out to everyone soon, fingers crossed 😀
Best Answer
Quick question @AndrewFitbit - those of us that received the .4 update, are we going to get the new reviewed .7 update to clear up any minor bugs?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks great!

20160924_101114.jpg

Best Answer
@Fitbit
Preview picture Moment is buggy: 24:07 ??? But Blaze works fine
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've deleted the app and the data. Should we return the FitBit to the store until we find one that will update?
Best Answer
I've only had the FitBit for a short time. I'm within the time to return it to the store. Should I return it and test each one until the store finds one that has the update or just keep one and return it each week it will not update? I understand firmware updates and normally you can get them from a download location. But I've never seen one delivered by a random lottery.
Best Answer

I still haven't a update! Looks like Fitbit is trolling me. 😡 In March 2016 Fitbit told me, that reminder to move will be soon availabe via update. Now its September and still nothing happend. That's 6 months for a simple feature and now a totally buggy Firmware is released to 5% of users. Embarrassing. My next one will be an Apple Watch...

Best Answer

@Mastr this is actually the speediest turnaround by fitbit to say they are going to do something and actually do it! This is recordbreaking time! Smiley Surprised 

Fitbit can't be bothered to fix a big bug that takes minutes and lasted years
Best Answer
lol I hope they do something. I've not had mine for long, so will return it to where I purchased it from.
Best Answer
Thanks @AndrewFitbit for the update and thanks Fitbit for providing another firmware update. I was lucky to receive the previous update and now have new watch faces and third party notifications. I read the release notes of this update and I see that it's focused on bug fixes and improvements but I also saw that new features were mentioned. What are the new features?

Thanks
Best Answer
By the way - I love the new watch faces and third party notifications👍👍
Best Answer
In order to get it earlier I changed my location into U.K. cos I've seen on twitter a few English guys that already received it.. unfortunately no pink arrow for me.. imma stick with it till tonight and eventually come back to the Italian time and location if it doesn't work 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PieMavi I'm in the UK and nothing!

Fitbit can't be bothered to fix a big bug that takes minutes and lasted years
Best Answer
0 Votes