Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

lucky guys still nothing here, hope it's cool!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the info. I will stop checking and just wait for the notification.
Best Answer
OK.
Still waiting patiently.. 😡
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still waiting here too
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just picked up an Apple Watch the other day due to the sheer curiosity... then I heard about this update... this will be the deciding factor as to whether I keep my Blaze as my daily driver or switch to Apple... right now, I'm still on team Blaze because of the battery life alone, however as the Apple Watch gets better at tracking, I yet again don't know what the right move will be...
Best Answer

You can laugh about it or have a conniption fit... I'd rather laugh. 😛 Either way it's the same wait. Plus getting a little tired of running gadget to gadget. Rather stick with one tracker for a while so Fitbit it is.

Best Answer

Ideally, I would love the features and functionality of say the Garmin vivoactive HR, with the look and style of the Blaze. With the exception of  a dedicated GPS, the Blaze is a decent alternative (especially with the updates) and the phone app is just better designed I think. But yes, still waiting for that perfect mix of function and style.I will admit though the Apple Watch 2 is pretty darn slick. That battery life tho... I'm a super lazy guy when it comes to charging stuff.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tend to agree... definitely everything that I'm looking for in terms of customization and utility is on the Apple Watch, but I am very into having effortless tracking and so far, the Apple Watch doesn't deliver. The battery in the Apple Watch makes it impossible to track overnight unless I charge it once in the morning and once when I get home... I'm not into that... 

Anyways I feel you on the notifications, I look like I had too much caffeine the way I'm jumping to look at these notifications...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Would be nice if u got the firmware update as soon as u stepped 10k... Still walking around waiting and syncing
Best Answer
Still waiting here.....

Has anyone got it today, just wondering if the rollout is continuing over the weekend or do we have wait until Monday.
Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer

I updated the tracker software to 17.8.301.7 last night.  This morning, I synced my tracker to my app (Samsung Galaxy S4) and then went for a run.  I synced the tracker once more after my run, and after the sync (which took a very long time), the app crashed.  Since this crash, I cannot sync at all.  When I attempt to open the app, it shows the dashboard for a brief millisecond and then crashed out.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice.  I have tried downloading for the first time and using the app on my Samsung Galaxy Note tablet to the same end.  I shutdown and my tracker (and now because I cannot sync it, my watch time is 15 minutes behind the actual time), I have shutdown and restarted my phone multiple times.  None of these things has corrected the issue.  I have "reported" the crash almost every time it has happened.  I wondered if there would be a new app version coming out soon to remedy this?  The app worked absolutely fine until the tracker update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is an often repeated complaint on this thread, but this is the most appropriate outlet for my frustration.  Software release schedules aren't developed on the spur of the moment.  They are part of a carefully crafted project plan which, as it draws towards its nadir, should have an increasing degree of probability about the specifc date of release.

Which brings me to my complaint.  Though the announcement of feature functionality was made at the very beginning of September, no one at FitBit either knew, or was willing to communicate, a release date.  The release date was unknown . . . amorphous . . . non-existent.  That just isn't possible.  Even with a staggered release to allow for User Acceptance Testing, there should have been a plan for identification of bugs or regressions and an amelioration plan.  But here we are . . . September 24th . . . and the pleas for patience continue.  Patience in the absence of information is frustrating and sounds like a lack of organization.  If someone could commit to 100% rollout availability by September 30th, at least that's something.  Instead, those of us anxiously awaiting our update grow more and more impatient and upset when no update is available.  And the last thing FitBit should facilitate is frustrated Blaze users spending time online looking at competitors' products.

I appreciate the forum and the ability to vent.  Thank you.

Best Answer

I guess the frustration level is an indicator of how important you find it all. Yes, I'm keen for new faces and the reminders but it's not to die in a ditch for. This month, next month, I'm not that bothered regardless of what's been "promised". All of this "deep insult" and "unprofessional behaviour" or whatever that some take from all this just leaves me bemused.

I've never worked on a software delivery yet that kept absolutely to time and I don't believe anyone who says they have. Scratch the surface of such a claim and you'll find something that was cut or masked or concessed to hold the dates.

Personal opinion, of course, and clearly different and less hysterical than some others I've seen posted in other threads.

Now if only people were so concerned about some of the political stuff going on in the world at the moment! Now that IS potentially serious!

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

It is actually really clever and funny. I'll give you that. But honestly, Fitbit needs to understand they messed up and that this is no way to treat users.

Best Answer

It is just ridiculous how they roll out the update. I never had this with any device before.

Best Answer

Understood.  Certainly when you broaden the scope of what is frustrating to global politics, this seems unimportant and petty.  But constraining opinions to this product, it's frustrating.  I agree with the ever-changing timelines with software releases, but as mentioned, the later in to the project you go, and certainly after you've announced the incremental features, the release date should be clearer.  We all know that bugs come out of the woodwork; just look at the myriad releases that follow an IOS major update.  But as owners of this product, or potential owners, it erodes confidence when the upgrade is delayed and/or the support organization can offer no further timeline for its release.

Again, I really do appreciate this forum for its ability to allow us to praise and criticize, vent and applaud.

Best Answer
I have not gotten any notification but my iPhone app has updated twice in the past week. Why so slow.
Best Answer

It says you posted on an apple iphone lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SarPar

Have you rebooted the Blaze?  I read in the update that you need to reboot it to resync time.  You can hold the left button and right bottom button down at the same time and hold for ten seconds to reboot it, then try to sync again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That actually worked for the time, so thank you for that. My app still won't load, but at least that part is fixed.
Best Answer
0 Votes