Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

I was wondering the same thing. I an Android user and just got the update. I guess there was either nothing of consequence for us in this update or there are other background bugs that just aren't mentioned.

Best Answer

@scuttlefield I just received version 8 in Australia, was that the version you received?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you mean 17.8.301.8, yes, that's what I just got.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@scuttlefield Correct, and now that we know what it was for the Blaze IOS syncing problem all's well.

Have a great lead up to the Festive Season

Mine just came at 7am when I first synced.. And a perfect update.

@scuttlefield wrote:

If you mean 17.8.301.8, yes, that's what I just got.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't update my blaze, what do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My notifications will work on minute and then the other minute it will say not connected and the notifications. I did the update and reset the notifications. Please fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. Very irritating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze wont start after the upgrade.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another faulty update... It seems that Fitbit isn't able to produce updates that work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed that Notifications weren't working on my Android and I realised the only thing I hadn't done was restart my phone.  Did that, and no issues now. Syncing and notifications are working as normal.

What phones are involved with the syncing. ?.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get mine to update? I connected it to the computer to charge today, and it has synced, but my app still says "Update tracker software." I have version 17.8.301.7. My phone is an Android, so if the latest update is just to fix Apple issues, I guess it doesn't really matter, but the update message won't go away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

gfp, did you tap on the message to update your tracker software? That should have done it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolute garbage. I havent been able to use this crap for the last two months because it doesnt sync to my phone. The new update wont even install in this crap, its getting insane

and there seems to be no fix in sight 

Best Answer

I read all kind of complains regarding the update installation. Interesting. I installed.7 and a couple of days ago.8, without any problem.

I installed .7 through my old iPhone 5. The latest update of .8 I installed though my new iPhone 7Plus. Both installations went through on the first try, each took about 10 minutes, maybe even less.

I assume all Blaze instances are identical, same H/W, same quality. Therefore the problem is probably in the upgrader phone (iPhone? Android? Some Chinese smartphone? Something else?) or the wireless network quality.

/* Disclaimer: I am not a Fitbit employee and I am not a Fitbit  stakeholder, just a grey average customer */

Best Answer
0 Votes

First I couldn't update my Blaze. A few moments after starting the update a red exclamation mark appeared on the display. I tried it several times. Obviously the tracker wasn't found. So I switched off Wifi. Since Android 4.4.2 there are often problems with Wifi and Bluetooth together. With mobile network the update started. It was very slow and took a long time, maybe the 4G bandwidth was too low. But it worked without any problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using an Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL, that's running Android 6.0.1. I don't have this issue. 

Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Driver8666As I was reading this post my Sony Xperia XP flashed a message that there was a new Version of the System Software available. I was currently on V6.0.1 and this phone is not in the Fitbit compatibility list. I haven't had any problems since I upgraded from a Sony Z1 with Android 4.4.2.

On V4.4.2 I had nothing but issues with syncing etc and I had every problem that many users post about. That phone WAS IN the compatibility list.

That updated while I typed this and I have finished up with Android V7.0 Build 39.2.A.0.327

I have tested and everything about Fitbit is still working as normal...email, Fitbit notifications , phone calls ands 250 steps..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've said this before and I'll say it again. That compatibility list should NOT be used as a guide. 6 years of playing various musical instruments in school taught me this. 

Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer

I cant seem to be able to use my music controls on my blaze while my bluetooth head set's are connected. Is there something in specific I should be doing to use my BT head set's together with my blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why don't you use the keys of your BT headset for music control?

Best Answer
0 Votes