Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895
I have the firmware version 8.200.3 , I understand I'm behind a few updates, how do I get these updates onto my app/tracker ?
Best Answer
@Ericz89
You are actually only behind by one, which is being rolled out as we speak. You (and I) should get it soon. There are two firmware versions past yours, but the roll out of 8.301.4 was halted due to bugs. 8.301.7 is what we will be receiving.
Best Answer
How will I know if I can update my blaze? Is it via the app store on my iPhone ? It mentioned something in the Fitbit app, thanks for your help
Best Answer
0 Votes
I updated 9/23 late afternoon and still on version 8.301.7 after said all updated, had been getting stats that were "overstated" particularly with active minutes. I believe step count is right. 9/24 I got 56 active minutes, should be no where near that. What version should we now have on Blaze?
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's were I found it @Ericz89, in app top of page. I couldn't miss it. Updated very next day though and believe I'm still behind?
Best Answer
0 Votes
What's about 17.8.301.7? Is that not what just came out 9/23? What's listed in the above header.
Best Answer
@AndrewFitbit thanks for keeping us posted. Although still waiting for the pink arrow. Not breaking my head about it as i know the wait will be worth it.
Best Answer
Plz update vietnamese and japanese language. I really hope can read the notification with different languages. Sr if my english is not well.
Best Answer
Ok so my daughters blaze crashed doing the .4 version update and then she lost the ability to update again showing original version firmware.

Yesterday, her blaze lost the clock face. Yet all new clock faces were showing in the app. Her firmware version still shows original.

She had to speak to live chat to get any clock face at all.

But come on, how can all the new clock faces be there in the app without the update showing. It's nonsense?

Mine is on version.4 and is buggy as you like. Yesterday my active hours on the watch didn't match on my app after syncing. Not happy.

Has anyone else had these problems??

Come on @AndrewFitbit - what's going on??
Best Answer
0 Votes

Blaze v8.200.3.

I haven't received any update alerts for any of the version updates since purchased at release in January, much less 17.8.301.7

Best Answer
@doctormichy if your on ver 4 then you have the version that was real ward earlier in the month and pulled, your still waiting for the ver 7.

@Twitchy not sure what to say the Blaze only started shipping in March, you had one update then, and another two updates bringing it up to the 8.200.3.1, the early September was pulled and the 8.301.7 is rolling our.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No update available yet here .... still waiting.
Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit servers having a lazy Sunday, but hopefully will have that Monday feeling tomorrow as they churn into action dishing out firmware updates left right and centre.

Fav150 Waiting patiently since the 12th....
Best Answer
It was only released on the 22nd...

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Lol you're joking right?. Obviously I'm referring to the 'update'
Best Answer
Patience is like an elusive animal in the thick of the wild. Can't wait for my update but it will get here soon enough. I have done a lot of Beta testing for software and have seen the trials and tribulations of rollouts. I totally agree with you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for that information. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still waiting ! I thought for sure Sunday I would have it... 🙄
Best Answer

If they opened the update to everyone at the same time, their servers would probably be overwhelmed and then there would be lots of posts on here about the update taking too long and timing out. I want the update too, and I don't like it when we belittle others' problems and complaints as 'first world,' because there will ALWAYS be someone with a worse problem, so why does that make any one particular person's issues not worth worrying about.

But still, better to have to wait a couple of extra days than to have the whole thing blow up again!

Best Answer

how long is the rollout expected to take?  I keep checking, and I'm not in the favored first group, or second, or third.. <sigh>.

Best Answer