Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895
Well I agree in the grand scheme of things this is NOT the worst problem ever in the world. But I do agree with @merestdotes we shouldn't belittle others issues just because it's not as bad as someone else. This forum was created to specifically talk about the Fitbit Blaze v17.8.301.7 not world hunger, natural disasters. So it's appropriate to give the feedback, frustration, praise, right here. It's actually better that loyal Blaze users vent here than in the open markets of Twitter, Facebook, etc from a company standpoint.

@AudreyQ I reached out to @FitbitSupport on Twitter last night and they responded to me this morning. They stated they don't have an expected completion date for the release. Also all customers should get the update "soon" and that the only indication that you have the release is via a pink arrow next to your blaze in the Fitbit app for iPhone users.
Best Answer
Sorry I meant @meresydotes. (Darn spell check!!)
Best Answer
0 Votes
That would be awesome!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was lucky enough to get the 8.301.4 update on the first day. The only thing I have noticed to make it not a totaly awesome update is some days I only get one or two reminders to move even though I should get more. I was wondering if firmware 8.301.7 solved that issue? Happily, the 'Circuit' clock face shows hourly progress so you still get a visual indicator.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still waiting for update, I can't wait
Best Answer

Go up

@Voodoochildaro wrote:

lol I guess so...

guys, in the meanwhile I am goin buying the apple watch 2, I'll trade my blaze, if someone want it... when I'll trade the apple 2 for the serie 3 blaze will most likely be updated 

Go get an apple watch 2. There is nothing and nobody here to stop you from doing that.

Best Answer
This update much like the last one that was pulled is a mythical creature. I'm sick of version 17.8.200.3 I've had nothing but problems with that version and I've had it since April IIRC. If I don't get the update today, I'm gonna call again once again about getting maybe 75% credit on my steps.
Best Answer
I have 801.3.4 and have been getting the reminders as expected thankfully. I have also been using the circuit clock face the last couple of days. I like it but do wish it also would show a number stat on the face as well like total steps for the day etc. So nice seeing progress towards 250 though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well lucky you! Lol I wish I can be using the new update during the weekend. Hopefully I get it tomorrow.

I'm so done checking my app every hour already .

Moderator edit: content

Best Answer

I just started with Fitbit on 9/12/16 got my Blaze and I love it, I wasn't to concerned with the update and just have been reading the comments with interest as to how this would all play out. But that all changed on Sunday when I updated the Fitbit application and my Blaze and phone app stopped syncing.

After reading thru the website and trouble shooting I finally got it to work, but than the application stop syncing again. The windows application works thank goodness so I know it's the applicaiton. Shutting down the Blaze seems to have solved the problem for now. So now my causal attitude about the updated firmware is GONE! My Blaze worked fine until I updated the Fitbit application I suspect some conflicts are occuring with the old firmware and updated android application. I'm no noob to electronics or troubleshooting software and hardware issues. I'm aware of the issues with Marshmallow and Fitbit but this seems like what I stated above.

My point being it isn't just a matter of being patient for some of us; some of use are experincing issues and need the firmware update. I really hope Fitbit takes this into consideration and starts aggressively pushing the update. I've recently been diagnosed with Diabetes and I really need my Fitbit to work propertly along with the software.

Thanks for all of your comments community without knowing it you've actually been a great resource! This is coming from someone who has only been here for a few days!

Best Answer
I look forward to the update will my watch notify me or do I have to check the app?? Tired of checking every hour or so. But definitely looking forward to it.
Best Answer

@CAS1974 wrote:

I just started with Fitbit on 9/12/16 got my Blaze and I love it, I wasn't to concerned with the update and just have been reading the comments with interest as to how this would all play out. But that all changed on Sunday when I updated the Fitbit application and my Blaze and phone app stopped syncing.

[snip]

My point being it isn't just a matter of being patient for some of us; some of use are experincing issues and need the firmware update. I really hope Fitbit takes this into consideration and starts aggressively pushing the update. I've recently been diagnosed with Diabetes and I really need my Fitbit to work propertly along with the software.

I know those of us who haven't yet received the update are eager to get it, but given @CAS1974's comments (and others in the same vein, mostly from folks using the Android app to sync) I'd really rather hold off till the bugs are ironed out.  I've stuck with the older firmware version for a long time, and I can stick with it a while longer.  Please Fitbit, don't push this out to everyone till you're confident that it's fully baked!

Best Answer

It's not the customer's job to test software. The companies should have beta tests. If everything works fine the software should be released to ALL curstomers.

Best Answer
I was wondering if fitbit will ever support russian cyrillic?
Best Answer
Those of you who have received the update, is there a specific time of day that it appeared for you in the dashboard, or did it seem random? For example, or you noticed it at around noon, it might seem like the do pushes at a specific time during the day, but if you got it at, I don't know, 3:47 or some random time, that means I'll be checking my dashboard much more frequently...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I currently have the update with the reminders to move and my husband does not. I cannot find anywhere how fix this. So, can I assume he doesn't have the newest update then as of yet??
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, your husband has an older firmware version.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, so do I update his? I have deleted the app and redownloaded and checked for the newest version. Which it says he has. Plus I also signed in the websit to see if could add the reminders that way as well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, you have to wait until you see a pink banner/arrow in the app as a notification that there is a firmware update. They roll it out over a long period of time. That is one of the reasons for this thread...

Best Answer
Oh ok. Will do! Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes