Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.401.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

Blaze firmware update for 17.8.401.3 is live! Robot Very Happy

CLOCK FACES: Chronograph, Multistat, Arc

clock faces.png

New stuff:

• GUIDED BREATHING SESSIONS
    • The new Relax menu gives a choice between a two-minute or five-minute session.

The first time you go to the Relax screen you may be prompted once or twice to sync your tracker. To do so find the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.

• CARDIO FITNESS
    • Based on VO2 Max (the gold standard for measuring cardiovascular health), your cardio fitness score is a new way to monitor your overall fitness over time.
  • SLEEP STAGES
    • In addition to total nightly hours, you can now can see how much light, deep, and REM sleep you’re getting to help you better understand your sleep quality. You’ll also find your 30-day average and benchmarking stats.
  • SLEEP INSIGHTS
    • Sleep insights in the Fitbit app use your Fitbit data to provide personalized guidance on how to improve your sleep for better overall health.

Other stuff:

• Active minutes now appear on your tracker and on your dashboard. Look for them in the Today menu with your other all-day stats.
  • The Alarms menu on your tracker now includes the option to create an alarm. You can still snooze and dismiss from the tracker as well.

FIXES AND KNOWN ISSUES

• We’ve resolved an issue with connected GPS and notifications on Huawei mobile devices.
  • You may notice that your clock face changed or that you can’t start a Fitstar workout or Relax session after updating your tracker. To fix this issue, sync your tracker three times. Open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your tracker to sync automatically. Then manually sync your tracker twice using the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.
Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

Outstanding that you are still providing functional updates on a device that's been released over a year ago instead of forcing loyal customers to buy new devices to get all the latest features - great job!

Best regards,

Stefan

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

tiny question is this new stuff a update that I could download? or is it automatically sent to all the Fitbit blaze's out there even if they have not bean activated yet

Thanks

Best Answer

The Fitbit App on my iPhone has offered the update to my Blaze by just opening it half an hour ago. So I think it's an automated update that is rolled out by rules set by Fitbit.

Regards

Stefan

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great !!

Good job Fitbit.

I am in the process of updating. Thanks for the information on watch faces.

Best Answer

Got the update, but seen to be ok, when I try to sync, it stuck on Syncing?

Update...  It's finally sync...

Best Answer

My fitbit blaze will not sync since the update. I've tried uninstalling the app and the reinstalling, deferring my blaze from my account and hiking it back up, restarted and shut off my phone.....still nothing

Best Answer

Since the update my Blaze isn't working right. The touchscreen has will not work nor can i tap to cycle through the menus. I can't swipe for any of my options etc

Best Answer

I second Stefan's comment!  The functionality of my Blaze keeps getting better - very happy that Fitbit listens to us and our suggestions for improvements.  I also appreciate Andrew's description of the new functionality and will keep a lookout for the new clock faces.

Best Answer

My Blaze will no longer sync since last night, basically after the update.  Now what? 

Best Answer

@Wilkemom4  Have you tried restarting the Blaze?  (Press and hold left and lower right buttons together until you see Fitbit logo)

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

Thank you very much for the information. Is it possible that we can get a little more information about what the watch faces will be like? I imagine not, but it's worth asking!

Best Answer

Fix on the 250 steps an hour not syncing issues?

Best Answer

Thanks for the clock faces. Can I have a specific date??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the suggestion, restarting solved my problem 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
ok thank you all for your information
you can stop sending me answers now thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the update, but am missing the sleep stages??

Best Answer

@Weasel1127 Check tomorrow, moving forward you should see sleep stages. Robot wink

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Hi @AndrewFitbit Do you have a date for the clock faces??

Best Answer

Oh like it is new and won't do it to the old sleeps that are entered?

BTW, anyone else get the big red banner saying "The page didn't load" when trying to do anything at all here in Community?  My main account can't even get in, I can get in this one, my dog's account, sparadocially.  Does it with all browsers.

Best Answer
0 Votes