Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.401.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

Blaze firmware update for 17.8.401.3 is live! Robot Very Happy

CLOCK FACES: Chronograph, Multistat, Arc

clock faces.png

New stuff:

• GUIDED BREATHING SESSIONS
    • The new Relax menu gives a choice between a two-minute or five-minute session.

The first time you go to the Relax screen you may be prompted once or twice to sync your tracker. To do so find the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.

• CARDIO FITNESS
    • Based on VO2 Max (the gold standard for measuring cardiovascular health), your cardio fitness score is a new way to monitor your overall fitness over time.
  • SLEEP STAGES
    • In addition to total nightly hours, you can now can see how much light, deep, and REM sleep you’re getting to help you better understand your sleep quality. You’ll also find your 30-day average and benchmarking stats.
  • SLEEP INSIGHTS
    • Sleep insights in the Fitbit app use your Fitbit data to provide personalized guidance on how to improve your sleep for better overall health.

Other stuff:

• Active minutes now appear on your tracker and on your dashboard. Look for them in the Today menu with your other all-day stats.
  • The Alarms menu on your tracker now includes the option to create an alarm. You can still snooze and dismiss from the tracker as well.

FIXES AND KNOWN ISSUES

• We’ve resolved an issue with connected GPS and notifications on Huawei mobile devices.
  • You may notice that your clock face changed or that you can’t start a Fitstar workout or Relax session after updating your tracker. To fix this issue, sync your tracker three times. Open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your tracker to sync automatically. Then manually sync your tracker twice using the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.
Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244
Ever since I downloaded and installed this latest firmware, my Blaze appears to NOT be monitoring my heart rate during exercise or while resting. Does this appear to be a common problem? Please advise.
Best Answer

I have tried several times to update my Fitbit with this new firmware release but have not been successful. I have tried restarting both my Blaze and my phone, turning my bluetooth off and on, and checked my internet connection but nothing has worked. I look forward to the updates. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
Found out that all my HR setting had been set to OFF. It would have been nice to be informed of this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can't I change my starting weight and starting date to 1/1/2017.  It keeps reverting back to today's date.  I have my weights logged since 1/1/2017.  I can starting date OR starting weight on my phone, but not both.  When I change my starting weight in the app on my laptop, it won't even allow me to click on the starting weight option.  Please help.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Blaze has been syncing for some time after this firmware update. It's just spinning and spinning that circle. Some of the data is updating, but it won't stop.

Best Answer

I'm a newbie but did you check your settings on your Blaze to see if the Heart Rate button might be OFF?   Some have reported that they were turned off after they received the upgrade,  Just a thought???

Best Answer

I did check it. My Fitbit is all set. It's the app that's not syncing for some reason. Thanks though.

Just verified the sync won't stop on my PC app either. I removed the device on my phone and I can't reconnect it now. It just spins wheels when I put the 4 digit code in.

Best Answer

This is a really awesome update. The only remaining thing that I would like is more control over the alarm and "reminder to move" vibration length and intensity. I'm a really deep sleeper and half of the time I don't notice the current short/quick vibrations. The "reminder to move" I also don't notice half the time.

If I could make these two things vibrate for longer and more intensely then they would be a reliable feature for me. I'm sure other people agree with me about this.

Best Answer

@MilkMaid wrote:

I have tried several times to update my Fitbit with this new firmware release but have not been successful. I have tried restarting both my Blaze and my phone, turning my bluetooth off and on, and checked my internet connection but nothing has worked. I look forward to the updates. Any suggestions? 

You might try closing the app on your phone. I was having trouble. Like you I restated everything but still had issues. I finally closed out the app. You know how it runs in the background. I closed it so it was not running in the background then reopen it and my problem was solve. It wouldn't hurt to try.  

Best Answer

can we see pictures of the new clock faces?

Best Answer

Mine's been updating for about 15+ mins now and still going.

I'm going to have to start my exercise and hope it captures it as it's not one I can accurately add retrospectively.

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
0 Votes

It took at least 20 min for my update to finnish! So hold on! 🙂

Swedish Fitbituser since Feb 2014. Flex, Surge, One, Blaze, Versa , Charge 3, back to Versa, Versa 2 ,Sense nov 2020, Samsung S20 Ultra 5G, Android 11.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated 2 x Blazes in Australia... About 8 minutes each, and,so far the only change, I had to turn off all day sync, that was reversed.  Cardio score is there, and no change to the sleep graphs.  Next release for that.  More clock faces.

Clock faces.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

loving this update thanks to all the team for this. the new sleep information has some real depth to it as well its super interesting to see what kind of habits are there.

Best Answer

Thanks for the reminder about reset sequence.

Best Answer

Just wanna say I love the new sleep features. I used wear a jawbone to bed, because it had superior  sleep tracking.  But I must  say outstanding job with the up date.  👍

Best Answer

Moment is still the best clock face.

I just wish they had moment with the outside temp. That would be perfect.

Best Answer

I started my update yesterday and my Blaze has been frozen on the blue diamond for about 12 - 15 hours. I have tried restarting it. Noting. When I try to do the update again is says Firmware cannot be updated, too busy, try again. I am getting very annoyed. Any suggestions would be great. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I updated my Blaze last week and I don't know if it is a fluke or not, but twice now I have synced my blaze first thing in the morning and it has given me the number of steps I have done so far and 1400 calories, how can it give me 1400 calories after doing 110 steps, as it did this morning.   Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem.   Like I say it didn't do this prior to the update.

Regards

Jan

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine finally updated after about 30mins but no real benefits for me. The clock faces we know are the same, I don't use sleep data and the 2 min relax/breathing session is just odd - made me breathe uncomfortably fast.

Incidentally, I don't use sleep data as I don't trust it having noticed mine says I'm asleep when watching a film or reading or when I know I was awake at a specific time such as listening to 10 o'clock news etc.

Not to worry, horses for courses! Steps/cal burn are my main tools so that's fine  Woman Happy

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
0 Votes