Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.401.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

Blaze firmware update for 17.8.401.3 is live! Robot Very Happy

CLOCK FACES: Chronograph, Multistat, Arc

clock faces.png

New stuff:

• GUIDED BREATHING SESSIONS
    • The new Relax menu gives a choice between a two-minute or five-minute session.

The first time you go to the Relax screen you may be prompted once or twice to sync your tracker. To do so find the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.

• CARDIO FITNESS
    • Based on VO2 Max (the gold standard for measuring cardiovascular health), your cardio fitness score is a new way to monitor your overall fitness over time.
  • SLEEP STAGES
    • In addition to total nightly hours, you can now can see how much light, deep, and REM sleep you’re getting to help you better understand your sleep quality. You’ll also find your 30-day average and benchmarking stats.
  • SLEEP INSIGHTS
    • Sleep insights in the Fitbit app use your Fitbit data to provide personalized guidance on how to improve your sleep for better overall health.

Other stuff:

• Active minutes now appear on your tracker and on your dashboard. Look for them in the Today menu with your other all-day stats.
  • The Alarms menu on your tracker now includes the option to create an alarm. You can still snooze and dismiss from the tracker as well.

FIXES AND KNOWN ISSUES

• We’ve resolved an issue with connected GPS and notifications on Huawei mobile devices.
  • You may notice that your clock face changed or that you can’t start a Fitstar workout or Relax session after updating your tracker. To fix this issue, sync your tracker three times. Open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your tracker to sync automatically. Then manually sync your tracker twice using the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.
Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

Well great. You sent me a replacement tracker ("pebble") after the firmware update 2 weeks ago destroyed mine, and as soon as I started the setup process for the replacement tracker, it launched into "let's get your software updated!" without even giving me a choice of whether to update.  Have they fixed the firmware since 2 weeks ago?? I hope Fitbit didn't just destroy my brand new tracker. 😞  

I wonder if the update will take a whole hour again like it did last time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I downloaded the new firmware yesterday, and I like the new features and clock faces.  Only one PROBLEM that I have come across... is that when running with the new clock faces, I no longer get my reminders to walk at 10 minutes till the hour.  I have missed 3 so far today, until I switched back to older clock face and it reminded me.  I think we have a bug here.

Other than that I am liking what I have seen so far.

Thanks, and let us know when it is fixed.

Robert (from Oz)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@aio55 wrote:

I was really hoping that this update would have included the functionality to answer or decline phone calls on the Blaze when paired with an Android device. Today, this capability only exists on an iOS device and really can't get my head wrapped around the fact that you guys have not built this into the firmware yet. Very frustrating. Hope this will be in the works for the VERY near future? Aside from this feature not working for me, I definitely love the device and happy to see an update came out with some new watch faces.

Could someone explain what use this feature would be? How do you speak to whoever has called you if you answered it on your watch? If the reply is "headphones or earphones", mine both have buttons I can press to answer...as does my phone.

Best Answer

I love the new clock faces.  Thanks for creating them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zack_O wrote:

I updated by blaze on Sunday.  Monday's sleep showed stages as advertised.  Tuesday's sleep showed stages as advertised.  Today's sleep seems to be back to the old style.  What has happened?

Same thing happened to me, but I read in one of the forums to restart the fitbit blaze.  I also closed out the app on my phone and restarted it.  Once the phone and Blaze came back on, I opened the fitbit app and manually synced 3 times. Last night my sleep stages returned to the new format.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I asked the same thing @jmattwood. I was hoping for the same thing and wondering what has taken so long,
Best Answer
0 Votes

When will text, email and call notifications work for Windows phones?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will text, email and call notifications work for Windows phones?

Best Answer

Aw c'mon Fitbit .. the US date format on Chronograph is guaranteed to annoy those who don't use that format. A strange implementation without the rather obvious need to be able to regionalise the date/device.  I love the Chronograph clock face but this  makes it unusable. While you fix this also consider the rest of the world says 10 November not November 10. 

Best Answer
I was wondering when we can have the 'relax' part of the Blaze be tracked
on the app. I love that it helps with the breathing exercises, but I also
want to be able to keep track of how often I am doing those breathing
sessions.
Thanks!

--
-- *Jennifer Art *--
Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  Restarted my fitbit, fully charged and restarted it.  Tried to sych and update via my computer.  Tried to synch and update via my phone.  Not synching and not able to update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep tracking as become very erratic since the update. It does not track my complete sleep hours. It either does not track the first couple of hours of sleep or it,leaves big holes in the middle of the night where no tracking has taken place.

I'm just trying to get fit. One step at a time
Beedub
Best Answer

Mine won't work either since the update. I have tried resetting it with no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had synch problems. Try restarting tracker and phone. Worked straight away. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my replacement Blaze this morning and was holding my breadth with the required update. All went well and now all of the clock faces work without causing a continuous reset. Awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my Blaze yesterday. All was well. However, this morning I am showing that I have already burned almost 1800 calories, which is impossible. Any suggestions for fixing it? I've already tried a restart.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Active minutes!! Yes! I was disappointed that AMs were not visible on the tracker! Good job Team Fitbit! Glad that creating an alarm is an option now too! Rapture!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since taking the update, my battery seems to have a lifespan of less than 24 hours!!  Anyone else experiencing battery issues since the update?  

Best Answer

Hi,

Does anyone know how to switch the time  to 24h format? I'm using Arc watch, but it's the same for Multistat, I see only 12h time format. 

#MandaK81 I don't have any problem with battery after this update, mine is working for 5 days, but try to turn off the notifications or/and bluetooth classic connection if you have it on. Charge the Blaze about 2,5 hours. Maybe these works. Otherwise, ask for warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile and select 24H in the Change Clock display section.

Best Answer