Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.401.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

Blaze firmware update for 17.8.401.3 is live! Robot Very Happy

CLOCK FACES: Chronograph, Multistat, Arc

clock faces.png

New stuff:

• GUIDED BREATHING SESSIONS
    • The new Relax menu gives a choice between a two-minute or five-minute session.

The first time you go to the Relax screen you may be prompted once or twice to sync your tracker. To do so find the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.

• CARDIO FITNESS
    • Based on VO2 Max (the gold standard for measuring cardiovascular health), your cardio fitness score is a new way to monitor your overall fitness over time.
  • SLEEP STAGES
    • In addition to total nightly hours, you can now can see how much light, deep, and REM sleep you’re getting to help you better understand your sleep quality. You’ll also find your 30-day average and benchmarking stats.
  • SLEEP INSIGHTS
    • Sleep insights in the Fitbit app use your Fitbit data to provide personalized guidance on how to improve your sleep for better overall health.

Other stuff:

• Active minutes now appear on your tracker and on your dashboard. Look for them in the Today menu with your other all-day stats.
  • The Alarms menu on your tracker now includes the option to create an alarm. You can still snooze and dismiss from the tracker as well.

FIXES AND KNOWN ISSUES

• We’ve resolved an issue with connected GPS and notifications on Huawei mobile devices.
  • You may notice that your clock face changed or that you can’t start a Fitstar workout or Relax session after updating your tracker. To fix this issue, sync your tracker three times. Open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your tracker to sync automatically. Then manually sync your tracker twice using the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.
Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

yep, my Blaze went from 4 or 5 days battery life, with continuous wear and plenty of action, AND with continuous synch on and the raise to look feature on

and now? 

I get less than three hours from a full charge. 

My fitbit is useless.

Best Answer

I like the new "Arc" clock face - I've been using it exclusively since it was made available. One question though. To my eyes the seconds digits are a slightly different colour to the hour digits....  it is very subtle and just enough to annoy someone used to testing software!  Has anyone else noticed this ? If so I wonder if  this  is intentional ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

You mean the minute digits color is different to the hour digits color, yes it is and I like it. Guess each to his own and I am a software developer, and constantly testing software

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mowgwai

I think you have a solid reason for a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for confirming that Albert  ! I had convinced myself my eyes were playing tricks. My thoughts are that the two colours are just too close to one another to look like a design decision. Nothing wrong with having the seconds a different hue to the hours but personally I would  have made the difference more obvious. My  experience suggests that this wouldn't have got through a design review without some negative comments - but Fitbit are obviously happy with it (as are you ) and it is nit picking I guess.

Best Answer

I updateed my Blaze with Firmware V 17.8.401.3 and I cannot get it to start, it shut down and will not start the display. I plugged it into my charger and the battery shows as full. is there any Bugs in the firmware?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep

"My thoughts are that the two colours are just too close to one another to look like a design decision. Nothing wrong with having the seconds a different hue to the hours but personally I would  have made the difference more obvious. My  experience suggests that this wouldn't have got through a design review without some negative comments"

I agree totally.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you not included the option to keep the screen active for any defined duration??

Best Answer

New watch faces??? Sync your device 3 times???

Is this a joke? Watch faces are "candy" when compared to the "entree" of easy pairing and syncing.

II know this will come across as bitter, but  I'm very disappointed with Fitbit.

I have the Android app installed on an LG G3 running Android 6.0 and on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" tablet running Android 5.0.2, (the latest vesion available for the tablet), and while it seems to be working correctly on the G3, the tablet doesn't even include the Blaze in the list of available/pairable devices.

One might be inclined to expect pairing and syncing - so one could actually make use of their Fitbit  device - just might be a tad more important than some new watch faces or suffering the torture of hours spent fruitlessly trying to get these things to work together with less wasted time.

I was disappointed with the durability of my Flex, and remain similarly disappointed with dealing with the Blaze. An analogy might be buying a new car with an engine that starts easily but there's no transmission to make the car move. Customers should not be subjected to all the problems so many people seem to be having, nor should they be expected to be tech gurus knowledgeable in the minutia of "low power Bluetooth" and WiFi conflicts.

Best Answer

Same here, it would have been nice to be informed about some new activated feature that is sucking the battery dry. 

Best Answer

Fitbit has been a part of my life since 2014 and I love it! But you have to fix the battery issue or it will be a divorce! 😉 

Swedish Fitbituser since Feb 2014. Flex, Surge, One, Blaze, Versa , Charge 3, back to Versa, Versa 2 ,Sense nov 2020, Samsung S20 Ultra 5G, Android 11.
Best Answer

Is there a way to turn sleep stages off? I BY FAR prefer the old way.. Clock faces are nice tho

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the clock faces... its the sleep stages I want to remove back to the other way of looking at it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

updated my blaze and now it won't turn on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated to this version recently.   After over sleeping the second time in the past couple of weeks, I realized that the alarm has been changed so that it only vibrates for approximately 10 seconds before it stops (without pressing the snooze button).   I count on the fitbit alarm to wake me in the morning and I can't have the alarm stopping on it's own.  Is there any way to get it to return to the old behavior where you physically had to press the button to snooze the alarm?

Best Answer

At a minimum we should have the option to flash back to the old firmware! After all it's my device! If I don't want some lame "new feature"  it should not be forced upon me!

Best Answer

Ever since the new firmware update, my Blaze keeps buzzing every few seconds and the notification screen pops up.  I have synced it numerous times, turned it off and restarted it several times also.  Now the battery won't last more than about 18 hours because of this issue.  It was even doing it when it was charging.....HELP!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Enjoying the new features on my Blaze! Immediately put the "Arc" Watch Face to use, very handy to have all of those stats on screen, convenient 🙂

Best Answer