Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.401.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

Blaze firmware update for 17.8.401.3 is live! Robot Very Happy

CLOCK FACES: Chronograph, Multistat, Arc

clock faces.png

New stuff:

• GUIDED BREATHING SESSIONS
    • The new Relax menu gives a choice between a two-minute or five-minute session.

The first time you go to the Relax screen you may be prompted once or twice to sync your tracker. To do so find the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.

• CARDIO FITNESS
    • Based on VO2 Max (the gold standard for measuring cardiovascular health), your cardio fitness score is a new way to monitor your overall fitness over time.
  • SLEEP STAGES
    • In addition to total nightly hours, you can now can see how much light, deep, and REM sleep you’re getting to help you better understand your sleep quality. You’ll also find your 30-day average and benchmarking stats.
  • SLEEP INSIGHTS
    • Sleep insights in the Fitbit app use your Fitbit data to provide personalized guidance on how to improve your sleep for better overall health.

Other stuff:

• Active minutes now appear on your tracker and on your dashboard. Look for them in the Today menu with your other all-day stats.
  • The Alarms menu on your tracker now includes the option to create an alarm. You can still snooze and dismiss from the tracker as well.

FIXES AND KNOWN ISSUES

• We’ve resolved an issue with connected GPS and notifications on Huawei mobile devices.
  • You may notice that your clock face changed or that you can’t start a Fitstar workout or Relax session after updating your tracker. To fix this issue, sync your tracker three times. Open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your tracker to sync automatically. Then manually sync your tracker twice using the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.
Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

I updated and saw the new clock then my Blaze went completely dead on me. Can't start it at all! 

This is horrendous. 

Best Answer

😮! What was the clock? Try unpairing your Fitbit and then charging it and pair it again?

@Tatiana72 wrote:

I updated and saw the new clock then my Blaze went completely dead on me. Can't start it at all! 

This is horrendous. 

Best Answer

Thanks seems OK now!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great! Can you try to describe the clock face??

Best Answer
0 Votes

After the update my clock face will never appear when I raise my arm. I used to flip my arm up and the time and all appeared. Now I have to press a button to be able to see anything. It's very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hi @Anhmsu918 ! Try going into settings of the Fitbit and go to "Quick View". Make sure it's on and that should help!

Best Answer

I am updated as well and not seeing the sleep stages.  I have my sleep mode to sensitive, and i have rebooted my fitbit before going to sleep last night just to see if that would help.  I do see the other new features tho.

I updated a few days ago as well.

Best Answer

Same issue, I've Uninstalled and reinstalled, and nothing

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. done all the same things and it keeps failing. using Moto G4 (2016 release). Please Help!!

Best Answer

Thanks Fitbit,

I upgraded .late last night (UK) and everything seems to be working as expected.  Though my wife didn't appreciate me testing it as she was trying to get to sleep!

Looking forward to the next batch of clock faces. And then maybe custom display time for those that want to time seconds, and custom vibration intensity for those that want more feeling, these with disclaimers on battery power of course.

Regards to all Blazers. 

Best Answer

My update appeared yesterday afternoon. My phone is Lumia 950. After installing the update (as the new version # showed on my Blaze), the Fitbit app on my phone kept syncing over and over, and I noted that the Relax and Fitstar on my Blaze kept indicating the "need to sync" message. I tried manually syncing 10+ times, to no avail.

Once home, I turned off my phone and synced my Blaze to the Fitbit app on my Windows 10 laptop via USB connection (charger). That sync did the trick--everything works great.

Best Answer

Updated Blaze blinks constantly:

I like the new functions and look forward to using them in my fitness journey. However, now that I have synced my Blaze, the clock face continually blinks.  I did try to sync three times as suggested, with no results.  As far as tracking goes, my fitbit still works, but the battery is definitely draining faster than it did prior to yesterday's update.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What is the solution?

Best Answer

Hi, I have downloaded successfully the update software mentioned above, but I don't have the :

GUIDED BREATHING SESSIONS

CARDIO FITNESS

SLEEP STAGES

SLEEP INSIGHTS

I do not know if it should all appear automatically or if I do need to activate it somehow. I did however, sync my Blaze more then once. Also, I understand that the tree new clock-face will be available later on this week. If someone have an explanation, I would appreciate  🙂

Thank you

Best Answer

Since the update, it cannot get GPS data from my Samsung Note 5 when I select Walk. I have restarted the Blaze with no change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated the firmware yesterday. I slept 6 hrs and 24 min, but there is no sleep stage data. How do I diagnose this issue?

Best Answer

Hi,

I have same problem with Lumia 950. Relax and Fitstar section did not work. After change clock face i have a message - Clock error - go to mobile app and try another clock, i try return original clock face, but message still here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you able to try the sync via USB to laptop or PC (using the Fitbit PC app)? That worked for me. Woke up this morning with the new sleep data appearing on my Fitbit phone app (Lumia 950). Now that we can track REM, when can we have "play anywhere" playback of our dreams? Smiley LOL

Best Answer

On the fourth try, was finally able to get GPS data from the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll try that and see what happens thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes