Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.401.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

Blaze firmware update for 17.8.401.3 is live! Robot Very Happy

CLOCK FACES: Chronograph, Multistat, Arc

clock faces.png

New stuff:

• GUIDED BREATHING SESSIONS
    • The new Relax menu gives a choice between a two-minute or five-minute session.

The first time you go to the Relax screen you may be prompted once or twice to sync your tracker. To do so find the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.

• CARDIO FITNESS
    • Based on VO2 Max (the gold standard for measuring cardiovascular health), your cardio fitness score is a new way to monitor your overall fitness over time.
  • SLEEP STAGES
    • In addition to total nightly hours, you can now can see how much light, deep, and REM sleep you’re getting to help you better understand your sleep quality. You’ll also find your 30-day average and benchmarking stats.
  • SLEEP INSIGHTS
    • Sleep insights in the Fitbit app use your Fitbit data to provide personalized guidance on how to improve your sleep for better overall health.

Other stuff:

• Active minutes now appear on your tracker and on your dashboard. Look for them in the Today menu with your other all-day stats.
  • The Alarms menu on your tracker now includes the option to create an alarm. You can still snooze and dismiss from the tracker as well.

FIXES AND KNOWN ISSUES

• We’ve resolved an issue with connected GPS and notifications on Huawei mobile devices.
  • You may notice that your clock face changed or that you can’t start a Fitstar workout or Relax session after updating your tracker. To fix this issue, sync your tracker three times. Open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your tracker to sync automatically. Then manually sync your tracker twice using the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.
Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

It said to update the firmware that it would take 10 mins so why is it still going over an hour later! Now I'm not going to hit my step target for today and it will ruin my streak that I've worked hard for!  I would have left it if if hadn't stated it would only be 10 mins

Best Answer

I had issues with the device sync, but I manage to resolve them by removing the device and adding it back through the app. But it took me 2 hours to figure this out!

Best Answer

I did the update for my Blaze yesterday.  The only thing that I see is new on mine is the relaxing option. Is there a way to redo the update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I was loving my new blaze, until I done the update. Now it no longer syncs with my phone. Battery I'd full on tracker, location and Bluetooth is on. I've reset my phone but nothing. 

Please help. I've a Samsung galaxy 6

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this, too, but I'm still having my flashing screen issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Note:  I have an iPhone 6

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated and my tracker face is wiggling around constantly...like possessed? Any advice? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since updating my Blaze it is no longer working correctly.

The touchscreen isn’t working properly anymore; I can’t select options; I can’t swipe through the different screens. The screen is also jumping all over the place and flicking back and forward. I fully charged it last night for it now to say this morning the battery is low.

I have reset it twice now and the issues are still occurring.

Has anyone found a way to resolve this or can I restore my blaze to the previous software version before the update?

Best Answer

It's a very good idea."reminder to move" needs to improve.

Best Answer

I have been trying to do the update for over an hour and a half. It is still updating. Why is it taking so long?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It synced when I hooked it to computer, just wondering why we can't sync
with phone anymore, mine worked up until yesterday, this is so aggravating,
lol, I hope they get a fox in for this soon
Best Answer
0 Votes
It synced when I hooked it to computer, just wondering why we can't sync
with phone anymore, mine worked up until yesterday, this is so aggravating,
lol, I hope they get a fox in for this soon
Best Answer
0 Votes
Every since this upate my fitbit hasn't worked right, honestly I'm about to
give up, this is getting in my last nerve, lol
Best Answer

Having some problems.  First, even though my Blaze is fully charged and I have a solid Wifi connections, the update keeps cutting out after about a minute.  Have retried it about 10 times. Restarted my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) and my Blaze more than 5 times each, yet it still cuts out.  

Second, to troubleshoot, I thought I would have my bluetooth forget my Blaze and then add it in again.  However, when I tried to add it back, I got a message that said "Error: Unable to communicate with Blaze"..  After about 3 times of that, it now can't find the Blaze at all when I scan bluetooth devices.  All of my other bluetooth devices are fine (headphones, computer, speakers), but, for some reason, the Blaze is nowhere to be found.  

Other ways I troubleshot: Uninstalled and Reinstalled Fitbit App.  Turned on All-Day Sync and Always connected.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with me!  Giving me a headache.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried this as well, still won't sync, happy yours works now
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Yahash wrote:

I am updated as well and not seeing the sleep stages.  I have my sleep mode to sensitive, and i have rebooted my fitbit before going to sleep last night just to see if that would help.  I do see the other new features tho.

I updated a few days ago as well.

@Yahash wrote:

I am updated as well and not seeing the sleep stages.  I have my sleep mode to sensitive, and i have rebooted my fitbit before going to sleep last night just to see if that would help.  I do see the other new features tho.

I updated a few days ago as well.

Same for me. I saw in the sleep feature on the blaze that new sleep stages were here, but no new info showed. However the next morning all the new sleep info was there. Guess it needed to start with my next sleep cycle. Hopefully, yours will be there in the morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are correct, there needs to be a sleep cycle before you will see any data for sleep stages, it does not go back and calculate the past data.  Mine showed up after a sleep cycle after the update.

Best Answer

You would think after almost a year of us complaining about the strength of the silent alarm fitbit would have addressed that by now.

Best Answer

I updated my blaze 2 days ago & still not seeing the sleep stages. Been looking all over the website for an answer. Everything but sleep stages is working properly. My friend with a charge 2 can see her sleep stages immediately & for 2 nights sleep now. What do I need to fix to see my sleep stages?? Very excited to get it working properly!

Best Answer
0 Votes