Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.401.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

Blaze firmware update for 17.8.401.3 is live! Robot Very Happy

CLOCK FACES: Chronograph, Multistat, Arc

clock faces.png

New stuff:

• GUIDED BREATHING SESSIONS
    • The new Relax menu gives a choice between a two-minute or five-minute session.

The first time you go to the Relax screen you may be prompted once or twice to sync your tracker. To do so find the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.

• CARDIO FITNESS
    • Based on VO2 Max (the gold standard for measuring cardiovascular health), your cardio fitness score is a new way to monitor your overall fitness over time.
  • SLEEP STAGES
    • In addition to total nightly hours, you can now can see how much light, deep, and REM sleep you’re getting to help you better understand your sleep quality. You’ll also find your 30-day average and benchmarking stats.
  • SLEEP INSIGHTS
    • Sleep insights in the Fitbit app use your Fitbit data to provide personalized guidance on how to improve your sleep for better overall health.

Other stuff:

• Active minutes now appear on your tracker and on your dashboard. Look for them in the Today menu with your other all-day stats.
  • The Alarms menu on your tracker now includes the option to create an alarm. You can still snooze and dismiss from the tracker as well.

FIXES AND KNOWN ISSUES

• We’ve resolved an issue with connected GPS and notifications on Huawei mobile devices.
  • You may notice that your clock face changed or that you can’t start a Fitstar workout or Relax session after updating your tracker. To fix this issue, sync your tracker three times. Open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your tracker to sync automatically. Then manually sync your tracker twice using the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.
Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

Blaze no longer syncs/connects to phone after this update. Update took about an hour and looked fine until Blaze tried to sync - it simply stuck on that step and nothing was happening for quite a while...

I tried restarting both app and Blaze, but nothing helped. I then removed Blaze from connected Bluetooth devices via Android Bluetooth settings and tried to add it back again, but got "Connection rejected by Blaze" error message.

I figured it needs to be connected through app so I removed it from app as well and then tried to set it up from the scratch. It does find the tracker, but as soon as "Enter the number on your display" shows up and I enter the number, it stucks there with "Connecting..." message/indicator and nothing happens.

I then did full reinstall of the app (including clearing all the cache/data) and tried to set Blaze up again, but got same results.

This is very frustrating. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Best Answer

Hmm... Interestingly enough, after second attempt to reinstall app, I got same "Connecting..." message/indicator with no further progress, but when I closed app and opened it again, I noticed Blaze has actually been added...

It then attempted sync and it took a while, but eventually synced all my data, so all looked good. Except "Relax" on Blaze itself was still giving me "Sync..." message.

So I tried to sync again and it again took a while, but then I got Fitbit logo animation on Blaze screen (so it did something, I guess) and tried "Relax" again, but it was still asking to sync...

After yet another sync it finally worked. I have "Relax" working and Blaze seems to sync with phone as fast as it did before. Glad it got resolved, even though I wasted a couple hours on it...

Best Answer
0 Votes

JUST a message to say thank you for being kind to your customers! I love my fitbit I have lost so much fat gained so much muscle and make sure I get more sleep and relax time now. My cardio fitness has improved to athletic level from a slob two years ago

Best Answer

I agree with the suggestion for increasing the strength of the vibration. It would be nice if it were stronger.

Best Answer

I had the stages the first night but this morning it recorded like before the update???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have not sleep stages, although I did the update followed by multiple syncing. Nor does my Blaze record sleep correctly.

If I do to seven days summary, no sleep is recorded. Strangely, the fitbit app recorded x number of sleep while fitbit.com dashboard have another recording. I would really like to follow my sleeping pattern but it not possible at the moment. Can anyone help me with this issue please. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since update my blaze is not working properly. It won't sync, frequently froze. Not very happy at all. Will someone please help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think people with specific issues might need to raise a ticket with customer support as this thread doesn't seem to have any responses other than those of us who are learning by experience!

An official reply might be a long wait.....

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
Thank you for your response

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go to the Heart Rate section, you should also find the new "Cardio Fitness" in there, and in the Sleep Section you find new REM etc reporting ... I updated mine last night and everything works perfectly

Best Answer

Restarting mine did the trick - thanks for the tip. 🙂

Best Answer

I updated yesterday and don't have any new clock faces... are those coming later? I have all of the other new features from the update yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fritter87 wrote:

I updated yesterday and don't have any new clock faces... are those coming later? I have all of the other new features from the update yesterday.

According to their release notes, the new clock faces are "coming in the next couple of weeks".

So far I'm finding the update a little mixed.  Battery life definitely appears to be worse, the relax feature is not worth bothering with (its almost identical to similarly useless features that I have on my Pebble 2).

Best Answer

Great thanks for the heads up! I have not used the breathing thing yet, but the new sleep thing they added is pretty dope. 

Best Answer

Anyone having charging issues after this update? My charger died last night and when I went to put it on the charger, it's giving me issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have done the update which seems to have worked. However now when I try to sync it just gets stuck and doesnt complete. Been like that now for 25 minutes. I did try restarting my Blaze but this hasn't worked. Help please......

Windows phone user

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with @Pooh this thread really should be about information on the update. 

Have one thread trying to answer 10 different unrelated problems at once is unrealistic to do. These problems should be posted in separate threads. 

I also notice suggestions have been made for the developers, many of these suggestions have already been suggested in the feature suggestion board, and are waiting for your votes. 

Best Answer

So I performed the update and received the sleep stages for mon night -Tues morn.  I loved it.  Went to bed last night and woke up with no sleep stages.  Not understanding why it did not auto-populate the information.  I still have the relax and other functions.  Can anyone explain this one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated my Fitbit Blaze this morning before walking at least 3+ miles, but according to my Fitbit I've walked 8,859 steps and only gone 0.45 miles. Something is amiss. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks SO MUCH for adding the Guided Breathing Sessions to the BLAZE!  I really, really appreciate this update.

Best Answer