Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.401.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

Blaze firmware update for 17.8.401.3 is live! Robot Very Happy

CLOCK FACES: Chronograph, Multistat, Arc

clock faces.png

New stuff:

• GUIDED BREATHING SESSIONS
    • The new Relax menu gives a choice between a two-minute or five-minute session.

The first time you go to the Relax screen you may be prompted once or twice to sync your tracker. To do so find the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.

• CARDIO FITNESS
    • Based on VO2 Max (the gold standard for measuring cardiovascular health), your cardio fitness score is a new way to monitor your overall fitness over time.
  • SLEEP STAGES
    • In addition to total nightly hours, you can now can see how much light, deep, and REM sleep you’re getting to help you better understand your sleep quality. You’ll also find your 30-day average and benchmarking stats.
  • SLEEP INSIGHTS
    • Sleep insights in the Fitbit app use your Fitbit data to provide personalized guidance on how to improve your sleep for better overall health.

Other stuff:

• Active minutes now appear on your tracker and on your dashboard. Look for them in the Today menu with your other all-day stats.
  • The Alarms menu on your tracker now includes the option to create an alarm. You can still snooze and dismiss from the tracker as well.

FIXES AND KNOWN ISSUES

• We’ve resolved an issue with connected GPS and notifications on Huawei mobile devices.
  • You may notice that your clock face changed or that you can’t start a Fitstar workout or Relax session after updating your tracker. To fix this issue, sync your tracker three times. Open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your tracker to sync automatically. Then manually sync your tracker twice using the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.
Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

I'm having the same issues!  Frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also want such control, however, I want to reduce the intensity of the all steps completed. It feels like burning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After one day everthyng work probable. Thx for update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if the same thing. Before the update I had many times that syncs were delayed or partial. The data eventually appeared. Syncs appear to work better with this update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have noticed it as well. But only a few times a day.

@Anhmsu918 wrote:

After the update my clock face will never appear when I raise my arm. I used to flip my arm up and the time and all appeared. Now I have to press a button to be able to see anything. It's very frustrating. 

Best Answer

@iHasTurtlez wrote:

Hi @Anhmsu918 ! Try going into settings of the Fitbit and go to "Quick View". Make sure it's on and that should help!

I did and it was already set.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your Blaze loses your heart rate and can't read it during the night because it has shifted on your wrist, Sleep stages will not work.  Sleep stages depends on your heart rate plus movement to determine Deep, Rem, and light sleep.

Best Answer

@LincolnHyde wrote:

Since the update, it cannot get GPS data from my Samsung Note 5 when I select Walk. I have restarted the Blaze with no change.

I had that issue until the most recent update to my Nexus 5X updated the Fitbit app.

Until then I got it working by syncing just before activating the walk feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was my fasted update yet, 30 min. From what I have seen, it looks to me to be congestion issues, either at the server or in the network (my ISP had congestion).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I didn't read through the post before I decided to type this....

Ever since this update my Blaze stopped syncing properly. It synced maybe once since the initial sync and re-sync three times issue that immediately followed the update. It's really frustrating to be honest. And yes before the update my sync would sometimes delay BUT now it's not syncing AT ALL... HELP PLEASE

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fritter87 wrote:

Great thanks for the heads up! I have not used the breathing thing yet, but the new sleep thing they added is pretty dope. 

I haven't looked at breathing, but love the sleep levels.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone noticed the active minutes accumulate a lot easier since the update? I usually only get them if I'm walking for at least 10 minutes or exercising, playing sport etc. but today I got 11 minutes without doing anything particularly "active"

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze stopped syncing a day and a half ago.  Paired with phone, Bluetooth on.  Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whilst everything on this update works, battery life is definitely considerably worse.  Previously it was a good 5+ days on a charge.  Now its 3 days.  And I have restarted the blaze.

The sleep information is interesting, but the relax feature is close to useless.

Best Answer

Just did mine - took about 20 minutes or so.  Hasn't died yet....... :-)Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app keeps telling me that there is an update available and when i try to click on the update, there is a forbidden 403 issue. does anyone experience this too?

Best Answer

Ever since the update, when I wake up and sync with my phone, a short while later, my watch vibrates, and when I look down I see a green check mark.

I don't know what this is but I do not like it and want it turned off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update has been working fine for me...but today I tried to change the clock face to Ace and it continually resets. The face appears but there is not heart rate or step count showing.  That space is blank.  Then it starts resetting over and over again. Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer

OK... I tried restarting the Blaze and reconnecting to my app. Now only the Circuit clock face works. All other faces are missing the step count, calories, etc stats and cause the tracker to constantly reset. Very unhappy with the quality of these rollouts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also received this error when I first tried to download the update. I tried it a few hours later on wifi (instead of cellular data) and it downloaded and installed perfectly fine. Not sure if wifi vs cell data had anything to do with it....or if the Fitbit server was just too busy when I first tried to download. 

Best Answer
0 Votes