Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.401.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

Blaze firmware update for 17.8.401.3 is live! Robot Very Happy

CLOCK FACES: Chronograph, Multistat, Arc

clock faces.png

New stuff:

• GUIDED BREATHING SESSIONS
    • The new Relax menu gives a choice between a two-minute or five-minute session.

The first time you go to the Relax screen you may be prompted once or twice to sync your tracker. To do so find the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.

• CARDIO FITNESS
    • Based on VO2 Max (the gold standard for measuring cardiovascular health), your cardio fitness score is a new way to monitor your overall fitness over time.
  • SLEEP STAGES
    • In addition to total nightly hours, you can now can see how much light, deep, and REM sleep you’re getting to help you better understand your sleep quality. You’ll also find your 30-day average and benchmarking stats.
  • SLEEP INSIGHTS
    • Sleep insights in the Fitbit app use your Fitbit data to provide personalized guidance on how to improve your sleep for better overall health.

Other stuff:

• Active minutes now appear on your tracker and on your dashboard. Look for them in the Today menu with your other all-day stats.
  • The Alarms menu on your tracker now includes the option to create an alarm. You can still snooze and dismiss from the tracker as well.

FIXES AND KNOWN ISSUES

• We’ve resolved an issue with connected GPS and notifications on Huawei mobile devices.
  • You may notice that your clock face changed or that you can’t start a Fitstar workout or Relax session after updating your tracker. To fix this issue, sync your tracker three times. Open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your tracker to sync automatically. Then manually sync your tracker twice using the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.
Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

Have you synced several times?  Per the instructions you need to sync at lest 3 times for the update to fully finish.  Mine kept doing the update complete check until I had synced I think 4 times, and I haven't had it happen since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My device a LG V10 has been updating your fitbit Blaze (synching) for over 3 hours now.  It looks like my watch got some of the new features..  Should I reboot my phone and start again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze battery life went from 4/5 days to 1/2 after the firmware update. Not happy ....

Best Answer

That's not a firmware issue that's a mechanical issue in the device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

THe updated Android app no longer has my sleep or heart rate icons.  Also, the app Dashboard no longer displays in horizontal.  Where did they go?  I updated the firmware on my Blaze and then updated the app on my Android tablet.  I can't believe the update intended to remove this data so something must have gone wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same problem here!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried resetting my blaze, but I am still burning a lot more calories than I was before the update.   I don't trust my blaze anymore.

Jan

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ordinarily, I would agree with you. My Blaze has worked beautifully until the day after the firmware upgrade. That is either one heck of a coincidence or an issue with the firmware upgrade. 

Best Answer

I have been having a few issues with the update. I do have the new, however the option for bluetooth on the tracker is gone. I can no longer sync to my computer and Android tablet. Syncing still works with my iPhone.

As far as sleep cycles go, I can only see this on the ios app. The dashboard on my Android app is showing limited data - several tiles are missing and there is no option to edit as manuals suggest. My dashboard still shows the old way of sleep tracking and the Android app shows no option for sleep at all.

I have tried, deleting apps and restarting app, restarting the Blaze, disconnecting it from the app and reconnecting it...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see the three new clock faces have appeared now. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

My Blaze has updated with this new release via App Store and it's excellent but my husband has not received the update via App Store. He has been trying to contact the help line people to see why but it's so frustrating as only once has he had a reply since Monday and the advice was useless and showed a clear misunderstanding of the problem he had. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the new Multistat face and the full info it shows when tapped but the girly colour might not please all!

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

Fitbit is sending me a warranty replacement. My Blaze crapped out after the firmware update. I saw the new watch faces. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. They should hire at least an average graphic designer or stick with black and white displays. 

Best Answer

@Poo I agree. I like the Multistat as well. And love that it shows additional info when tapped. My only issue with is that it highlights that stat (e.g. steps) when you hit your goal. Makes it look tacky.

Best Answer

Love the new clock faces! Great to have some more choices! Keep 'em comingQ

One question though, on the Chronograph one, there's a play button in the bottom right, but I can't get it to do anything. Is this supposed to start something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Love the new clock faces! Great to have some more choices! Keep 'em comingQ

One question though, on the Chronograph one, there's a play button in the bottom right, but I can't get it to do anything. Is this supposed to start something?

If you hit the bottom right button it starts a chrono function on the watch. Kind of misleading that the icon can't be tapped, but I prefer it as it will avoid unwanted timers starting during your day.

Best Answer

Was wondering that myself. No official replies on any of the 90 odd posts so far. Perhaps they are replying directly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Will be getting my new Blaze delivered today. I will fully charge and hopefully sync with the app which already is synced with my Charge 2. Will the new firmware update automatically install or will I get prompts? No clue how to do this....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Andrew I've had no problems with this version however last night the sleep stages suddenly stopped working, ideas, thoughts ,questions?

Best Answer

Me too! I woke up this morning only find out mine did not display my sleep stages. Disappointed.

Best Answer