Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.401.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

Blaze firmware update for 17.8.401.3 is live! Robot Very Happy

CLOCK FACES: Chronograph, Multistat, Arc

clock faces.png

New stuff:

• GUIDED BREATHING SESSIONS
    • The new Relax menu gives a choice between a two-minute or five-minute session.

The first time you go to the Relax screen you may be prompted once or twice to sync your tracker. To do so find the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.

• CARDIO FITNESS
    • Based on VO2 Max (the gold standard for measuring cardiovascular health), your cardio fitness score is a new way to monitor your overall fitness over time.
  • SLEEP STAGES
    • In addition to total nightly hours, you can now can see how much light, deep, and REM sleep you’re getting to help you better understand your sleep quality. You’ll also find your 30-day average and benchmarking stats.
  • SLEEP INSIGHTS
    • Sleep insights in the Fitbit app use your Fitbit data to provide personalized guidance on how to improve your sleep for better overall health.

Other stuff:

• Active minutes now appear on your tracker and on your dashboard. Look for them in the Today menu with your other all-day stats.
  • The Alarms menu on your tracker now includes the option to create an alarm. You can still snooze and dismiss from the tracker as well.

FIXES AND KNOWN ISSUES

• We’ve resolved an issue with connected GPS and notifications on Huawei mobile devices.
  • You may notice that your clock face changed or that you can’t start a Fitstar workout or Relax session after updating your tracker. To fix this issue, sync your tracker three times. Open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your tracker to sync automatically. Then manually sync your tracker twice using the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.
Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

Hi, if you mean REM,Light and Deep sleep, for me also  stopped showing from last night. I see only Asleep, Restless and Awake, no other details. if they've changed this, is no good option.

Best Answer

Yes exactly what happened

Best Answer

Hi, you'll see a red dashboard for update firmware in the apps as soon as you logged in. The update process time it's depending of phone model. I suggest you to update via windows 10 (desktop or laptop with Bluetooth connection, of course). For me was faster than others which update their Blaze using the smartphones. You have to install the FitBit app.from Windows store, then login with your credentials, connect your blaze to your laptop/desktop windows 10 apps. and ready to go to update.  Then install the app on your smartphone and try to connect and sync. I also change my face clock only by windows 10 laptop app, instead of my smartphone, it's also faster process.

Best Answer

I got the firmware release and it told me about sleep stages, but I don't see them like my wife sees on her phone.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and got the sleep stages Thursday into Friday, but then it went away again last night.  Just shows the Asleep/Restless/Awake bars as before the update.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner you're so right, it looks horrible when goals achieved. I toyed with setting unachievable goals to avoid it but then my stats/app would be up the creek!

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

I love the new features, very well done Fitbit 🙂 

The guided relax is awesome. 

I love a couple of the new faces.

Now my favourite faces are the Arc and the Moment, but the Multistat is close behind. If the time colour on the Multistat wasn't pink, then I would like much more. If some of the vacant real estate was used with the other items that are currently scrolled down to, then if would rock as well. Ok, it may be cluttered, but done right, it could work.

Thanks Fitbit, you're doing well, and have listened to your users.

One missing option which is necessary and has been asked for by a larger portion of your users, is being able to show kilojoules instead of calories. Fix that and you will have much more praise from us who live in metric countries. 

Gone from a Blaze to Ionic, and I'm happy so far, although I wish I could remove the apps I won't use.Hooked up to my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, but I wish I was still using my my BlackBerry Passport as that's a much better phone.
Best Answer

My touch screen is not working either after the update.  I've tried restarting by holding the left and bottom right buttons but I still can't swipe! Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have had a fitbit blaze for 1 year and I have only had to update it twice: when I started it and the update before last however now I am trying to update t he newest version I simply cannot and I have tried everything please help me

Thanks in advance

James

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love the multistat and I'm very pleased that fitbit choose pink. Pink should not be condemned, it is a beautiful soothing colour. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had sleep stages for 4 nights after doing the latest firmware update update, but I woke up this morning and no stages for last night's data. It's back to the old style (minus the details).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since updating my Blaze won't sync with my phone and the battery seems to be draining much faster. Help please! 

Update- It finally synced...now to see if that will help the battery from draining.

Best Answer

Mines the same, it takes a lot of restarting and repairing to get it to sync. I leave my phone downstairs overnight and it takes a good hour to re-sync it. Any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw the sleep stages for a few nights after doing the upgrade, but as of yesterday I am back to seeing the old visual.  What happened?

On the plus side, I love the new clock faces!

Best Answer

My Blaze has updates successfully and it syncs. Now I am having a battery drain issue. The battery used to last about 4 days, after the update the battery drain within a day. Secondly, I cannot activate the display with a flick of the wist. I have to tap the screen or press a button.

Best Answer

Having the same problems. Shorter battery life and can't activate display with flick of wrist. The new sleep stage display has Also reverted to the original display

Best Answer

Since the update my Blaze takes for ever to sync... 

And I have restarted my Blaze as well. Nothing changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now my **ahem** blaze wont sync with my ipad - so how do I get my blaze to sync with my iPhone 4S?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Avdi wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Love the new clock faces! Great to have some more choices! Keep 'em comingQ

One question though, on the Chronograph one, there's a play button in the bottom right, but I can't get it to do anything. Is this supposed to start something?

If you hit the bottom right button it starts a chrono function on the watch. Kind of misleading that the icon can't be tapped, but I prefer it as it will avoid unwanted timers starting during your day.

Ah yes! Thanks. Agree that will be nice and avoid any accidental taps. Never thought to check the physical buttons.

Best Answer
I have found that t he same
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I've updated it doesn't seem to be capturing step count and active minutes as accurately as before. Don't know if anybody else has experienced this issue? I'm bummed!

Best Answer