Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.401.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

Blaze firmware update for 17.8.401.3 is live! Robot Very Happy

CLOCK FACES: Chronograph, Multistat, Arc

clock faces.png

New stuff:

• GUIDED BREATHING SESSIONS
    • The new Relax menu gives a choice between a two-minute or five-minute session.

The first time you go to the Relax screen you may be prompted once or twice to sync your tracker. To do so find the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.

• CARDIO FITNESS
    • Based on VO2 Max (the gold standard for measuring cardiovascular health), your cardio fitness score is a new way to monitor your overall fitness over time.
  • SLEEP STAGES
    • In addition to total nightly hours, you can now can see how much light, deep, and REM sleep you’re getting to help you better understand your sleep quality. You’ll also find your 30-day average and benchmarking stats.
  • SLEEP INSIGHTS
    • Sleep insights in the Fitbit app use your Fitbit data to provide personalized guidance on how to improve your sleep for better overall health.

Other stuff:

• Active minutes now appear on your tracker and on your dashboard. Look for them in the Today menu with your other all-day stats.
  • The Alarms menu on your tracker now includes the option to create an alarm. You can still snooze and dismiss from the tracker as well.

FIXES AND KNOWN ISSUES

• We’ve resolved an issue with connected GPS and notifications on Huawei mobile devices.
  • You may notice that your clock face changed or that you can’t start a Fitstar workout or Relax session after updating your tracker. To fix this issue, sync your tracker three times. Open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your tracker to sync automatically. Then manually sync your tracker twice using the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.
Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

@StevenDon64 wrote:

I love the new features, very well done Fitbit 🙂 

The guided relax is awesome. 

I love a couple of the new faces.

Now my favourite faces are the Arc and the Moment, but the Multistat is close behind. If the time colour on the Multistat wasn't pink, then I would like much more. If some of the vacant real estate was used with the other items that are currently scrolled down to, then if would rock as well. Ok, it may be cluttered, but done right, it could work.

Thanks Fitbit, you're doing well, and have listened to your users.

One missing option which is necessary and has been asked for by a larger portion of your users, is being able to show kilojoules instead of calories. Fix that and you will have much more praise from us who live in metric countries. 

If fitbit were listening they would have made the blaze into a smartwatch ... heck, they would have made the blaze waterproof if they were listening to people.

Personally finding the relax feature close to useless.  And my partner (I just bought her a Charge 2 for her birthday) thinks that it makes you breathe way too fast - its an area that she is quite useful on (her son has cystic fibrosis, she knows breathing techniques better than most).

But the multistat face is rather good.  Especially with the pink highlight.  It is clean, shows the basic stats that are important to me (time, date, heart rate, steps).

Best Answer

I like the look of the new clock faces, but none of them seem to include hourly steps. For example, on clock face "circuit" I can scroll through step goal, hourly steps, heart rate, steps, etc and I can leave it on any of those. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its an update 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The new clock faces appear in the mobile app and the web page. I use the mobile Android app and Google Chrome for Mac.

Each time I sync one of the new clock faces, I get an error message on my Blaze saying something like: "Clock Error. Return to choose another clock setting" 

"Clock Error. Return to choose another clock setting" 

Anyone else have the same issue?

Best Answer

The new clock faces appear in the mobile app and the web page. I use the mobile Android app and Google Chrome for Mac.

Each time I sync one of the new clock faces, I get an error message on my Blaze saying something like: "Clock Error. Return to choose another clock setting" 

Anyone else have the same issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree. The notification strength is almost not noticeable. I recognize it only when I in total rest, not during work or heavy discussions. I am aware that stronger notification will reduce battery time, but currently the feature is useless. It is better having shorter battery time with usable features...

Best Answer

I can drop my experience with the latest update.

The update went on very smoothly. It took a little bit less as it stated, all the new features are there, Blaze had no sync issues. Therefore from the update process and result everything is perfect from my side.

Regarding the new features and the new version. The biggest issue is that sleep stages not always works, not always collected - I saw a different discussion on the topic, it seems a number of users are complaining about it. It is either a bug or related to the way Blaze is tightened. We need some help and guidelines from Fitbit.

Other negative effect is battery time. It seems I need to recharge mush often as before, in spite the fact my usage is just the same (same amount of exercises, sleep and notifications). before update, most of the time I could recharge only every 4 or even every 5 days, currently after 3 or at most 4 days. Not clear where the 'missing' power is spent.

Other features (relax and health state) are great and highly appreciated.

Overall the update is okay, especially if sleep stages collection issue is/will resolved.

Best Answer

There is an article in I think the release notes as to why  the sleep may revert back amd I think it said somwthing about being absolutely still it reverts back to old version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think they should swap the vibration strength of "reminder to move" with the "relax" vibration.  For me - the "reminder to move" is barely noticeable but the vibrations that you get during the "relax" feature are too strong. I actually find that they "relax" vibrations don't actually allow me to relax so I turn them off 🙂

Best Answer

I was really hoping that this update would have included the functionality to answer or decline phone calls on the Blaze when paired with an Android device. Today, this capability only exists on an iOS device and really can't get my head wrapped around the fact that you guys have not built this into the firmware yet. Very frustrating. Hope this will be in the works for the VERY near future? Aside from this feature not working for me, I definitely love the device and happy to see an update came out with some new watch faces.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's just yesterday I started seeing sleep stages...why?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really like the 'Chronometer' watch face but the date is only in US format. What about your customers in the rest of the world?

Kit

Best Answer

LOVE the new Sleep Stuff!!! It has been very insightful, but last night it went back to the old way. What happened?! Also lost my alarms. I live Fitbit, sometimes I feel like it's not tested throughly (yes I'm in QA, it's a habit).

Best Answer

#LauraFred, the old sleep option (asleep, restless and awake) it went back for me also, last night. I don't know what they are doing with the firmware. The alarm is working properly for me. 

Best Answer

I had also this "clock error", three times. I just switched (choose) another clock face, update again and it was ok. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The clock faces are great, but fitbit needs to make the option to change the watch face colors. The Multistat is awesome, but looks terrible in hot pink. Maybe they could have the option to change it to blue.

Also Fitbit needs more watch face options. 12 just isn't gonna cut it vs. Apple to keep us satisfied.

Best Answer

I'm enjoying the new clock faces - especially Chronograph, I was wondering if there was a way to change the date format to dd/mm rather than mm/dd? It's a minor thing but would be really helpful for those of us who don't use the mm/Dad date format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated by blaze on Sunday.  Monday's sleep showed stages as advertised.  Tuesday's sleep showed stages as advertised.  Today's sleep seems to be back to the old style.  What has happened?

Best Answer

Same thing here.

Only ONE day shows with sleep cycles.

I go to bed and manually trigger sleep.

When I wake up the app says "can't save this log, because another entry already exists".

I don't know what the ... is that....IMG_2461.PNGIMG_2462.PNGIMG_2463.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update is great......until I noticed that the sleep insights reverted back to the old version (Blaze). 

Please update it back to the way it was right before this last update.

🙂 

Best Answer