Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302

I tried to update to the new release using my desktop. It did not work. After the screen telling the update is going to be finished, an error screen appears.Also, a red error screen appears at the monitor.

I did not use my phone application because since previous version it did not synchronize.It was working well with previous versions. My phone is a Oneplus two.

Best Answer

I received the up date for my Blaze, now I can not charge or start my Blaze. It does nothing. Now what?

Best Answer

This post is over a month old and I'm still on 17.8.401.3.  No update available on the app or online.  Is there a way to force down the new firmware so I can update my Blaze?  Thanks.

Best Answer

@RobertHouston, you sho7ld be seeing a pink banner to update tye Blaze, if not i would contact.fitbit.com

@Hacker22  have you tried a restart by holding in the left and lower right buttons

Best Answer

I have tired updating via my phone, and the desktop, and it will not update the firmware. It says it is updating, but only gets so far and just says it failed. I get no error code or anything.

Best Answer

Try inserting the unit into the charger base, make sure it is FULLY charged, then leave it in the charger and try the update again. I've found that firmware updates fail simply because of insufficient power levels.

Best Answer

When I updated, it took about 45 minutes, and even though my Fitbit indicated it succeeded, the app continued to say it was updating.  Eventually I had to restart my phone, and it stopped saying it was updating.  Now the battery only lasts 2 days when it was lasting at least 5 days before.

Best Answer

Using the following information from other user I was able to solve this issue:

Hi. I'm on Android.

I was constantly having a problem syncing - tried everything that everyone
posted and still had the problem. This has worked for me; so simple yet
I've have not had one single problem since...

Just dont use wifi; turn it off and switch data on instead.
Turn on bluetooth and open up the fitbit app.

It's something to do with clash of Bluetooth and wifi frequency and this
resolved it for me.

Hope this helps you as I know how frustrating it is.

Best Answer

I am running on firmware 17.8.401.3, there are no options to upgrade via the App/portal. 

I've upgraded the firmware plenty of times in the past, so I am familiar with the process. Simply put, the app does not detect a new release, thus it will not permit you to push it to the Blaze. 

Best Answer

Will there ever be any more watch faces faces added in future updates?  Or is it true that with the release of the Ionic, the Blaze will no longer get updates?

Best Answer

Does this update address the s8 notifications and gps not syncing issue? If so how can i get priority with this update showing up? 

Best Answer

I have the same problem as Robert. Says there are no new updates. I'm on 17.8.401.3 

Best Answer

Still at 8.401.3 ... its been a month. When should we expect this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted support via Twitter and was told that the original post here was incorrect, that the new version was released last week, not last month.  They said:

"Limited rollout started 18th of October for Blaze firmware version 402.1 so some users may not see the update for a few days. Let us know if you have additional questions."

Best Answer

@Bcassaro @Spin0620 @Taxitai @RobertHouston Hello! I know you're all anxiously waiting to update your Blaze trackers. This firmware roll out did begin on October 18th and is slowly being released. You should all see the update become available inside the Fitbit app in the coming weeks. I will update this thread when the firmware has been released for a full 100% of users to make it very clear that everyone should update

@Kc6385 Hi, there! The only changes included in this update are the ones listed in my post above. You bring up a good point and I'd like to direct you to my update in this Blaze post here. This is currently the only information I have available on the topic. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

i can't find the update button on my Windows Phone at all? Ok it's a pop up found it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's with all the kerfuffle about the 402.1 update? Are you people having some sort of operational problem(s) that you're anticipating this firmware update to fix? Or is this just wanting the "latest and greatest"?

I learned a long time ago that being the early recipient of pushed updates (phone, computer, etc) isn't all it's cracked up to be, with bugs making a major hash of things more often than not, and an 'update' to fix the update required to set things right.

Best Answer

I hope this fixes the buttons that don’t work issue!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@meppinghoff as long as the update status line on the. Blaze increazes i eoulc keep trying. A restart of the phone and Blaze would not hurt. Make sure your app is updated.

@Remmy700P this update is not a beta, or an early release but Fitbit uses beta testers around thr world.

Best Answer