Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302
thanks, much appreciated
Best Answer

Hello,

I completed the update successfully ~1 month ago.

However, since the update, I am not able to track an exercise with connected GPS - that is, device is not able to connect to my mobile. Worked the weekend before the firmware update on the Blaze and no updates were done on the mobile (Sony Xperia Z5).

I have tried the normal options (restart fitbit, restart mobile etc) without success.

Please advise how to resolve.

Regards,

Sergio

Best Answer

Unfortunately you're not the only one with this exact issue after the update. The short story is that there is no resolution and Fitbit don't seem that interested in finding one. I went from pretty reliable connected GPS to instant dropouts and no reconnection after the update. 

From what I've read it looks like maybe in making changes to the notification system to fix the battery drain issues on the S8 something might have been changed which had the unexpected side effect of ruining the connected GPS on some devices. 

I've tried everything in the help articles plus more and am yet to resolve the issue. At this point it's either wait for another update to fix it or buy something else.

Best Answer

Since the update The screen is Dim to unreadable ON MAX brightness .. worse on other settings.

Seems to be working ( all be it unusable) but is flashing at times as well

Have Tried all the "fixes"( bit of an oxymoron) on the forums.

I don't know if this is just a coincidence that it failed at the same time, or it has just reached the end of the pre-programmed life of the unit. Is my fifth unit (previously 2 Flex then 2 Surge) and just the latest to fail prematurely, once out of warranty. They work well when alive, but get expensive when you throw them away around every 18 months

Best Answer

Before this update my Blaze maintained a charge for at least five days...since this update it barely lasts all day. What gives?

Best Answer

I agree, new update has RUINED my battery. I actually have to charge it every single night, where I used to only have to charge it every 4-5 days. 

Best Answer

This new update RUINED my battery life!! I actually have to plug my Fitbit in every single night now or it will not make it thru the next day. I used to be able to charge it every 4-5 days. Will there be a fix for this anytime soon? I have been a loyal Fitbit user but may have to change if I have to charge every day, just not convenient. What is the point of having a tracker that tracks sleep if I can't wear it at night because I have to charge it? I won't charge it during the day as then it isn't tracking my steps. 

Best Answer

Anyone who is now having a battery issue AFTER the last update that did not before. Can you tell us what kind of phone you are syncing to? And have your gone through the steps of unpairing, hard resetting, clearing the app cache, then repairing again to see if it helps?

Best Answer
I am using a Motorola Z Play. I have not gone thru that process as I was
not aware to try that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Run through that and see if it helps. Some people have had a little success at it lasting somewhat longer. Its what FitBit will make you do anyway before they will help you. Its been documents in this thread but if  you need help with finding it let me know.

Best Answer

I am using a Galaxy S7. I dm'd Fitbit on Twitter and they asked for info to review my log. They have opened a ticket for me. In the meantime I will try your suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had a problem syncing my Blaze after updating to latest firmware. It seems that my watch was unpaired. I sync to an iOS 11.2. I was able to get my Blaze to reconnect by doing the following:

1. in the Blaze settings - set "Classic Bluetooth" to pair.

2. Shutdown watch.

3. Restart watch after 5-10 seconds.

4. go to Bluetooth settings on my iPhone and reconnect to Blaze.

Hope this helps. Just glad to get my watch synched up again!

Best Answer

I am using an Acer phone - Os 6.0

I have only had my Fitbit Blaze since Nov.28, 2017 it was working great.

But now I can't sync to my phone for notifications or sync my data at all. Also, I need to charge my Blaze part way through the second day??? Do I need to return my Blaze or is there a fix? I was loving it the first week.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The charging issue is ever since the newest firmware update. I have
followed all suggestions from Fitbit and still have to charge it half way
thru second day as well. I do also have issues with it syncing withy.phine
for messages and calls since the update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using a Motorola Droid Z Play and I have since done all of your suggestions  and unpaired, reset as well as cleared the cache to no avail. The battery will not make it thru the second day so I have to literally charge my Blaze every night. No use to have the sleep tracker anymore when I cannot wear it because it is charging. The Bluetooth portion of syncing my text and calls seems to also be an issue since the update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thought I'd share my latest update in this long-running farce.

There was a recent update to the FitBit app which appears to have fixed all of the connected GPS issues I had been experiencing since the firmware update. Everything now works as it did and as it should.

Whilst I'm glad this has now been rectified, what annoys me is that there was clearly an issue that FitBit knew about and worked on a fix for. But instead of acknowledging it and keeping customers/users in the loop, they just snuck it in whilst fobbing everyone off pretending all was well.

Just genuinely terrible customer communication really.

Best Answer

To make the battery last long you will most likely have to turn off notifications and quick peak. You should try that as a test to see if it last longer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update, that new version helped me with some syncing issues, but still didn't rectify my GPS issues. Everything else is working well.

Glad this fixed your issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marshageib wrote:

I am using a Motorola Droid Z Play and I have since done all of your suggestions  and unpaired, reset as well as cleared the cache to no avail. The battery will not make it thru the second day so I have to literally charge my Blaze every night. No use to have the sleep tracker anymore when I cannot wear it because it is charging. The Bluetooth portion of syncing my text and calls seems to also be an issue since the update. 

Do you have the Bluetooth Classic setting enabled or disabled?

Best Answer
0 Votes
However the update did NOT fix the battery life issue that the original
update cause. You are correct, bad play by Fitbit for sure!
Best Answer