Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302
Had my first run this morning following Fitbit APP (Android) update and seems like my connected GPS issue has been resolved.
Would have been good had support team specifically mentioned it in the update notes, but I suppose that is the benefit of the communities.
Seems like everything is back to normal - battery life also as previously (4-5 days).
Best Answer
0 Votes

When are they going to update the app to track macros by grams and not percentage?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, ever since the new update my Blaze has went from going five to six days no problem to NOW not lasting HALF A DAY! I have removed it from my Iphone and then resynced it to the device. Nothing. Now I’m being told to turn off half the functions I got the thing for! What’s the point?! Is there a fix or not? If not, this is a good time for me to switch to a different maker since Fitbit doesn’t seem to be real concerned.

Best Answer
Fitbit obviously isn't concerned at all. This and the inability to pair
and receive notifications on Samsung devices has been going on for months.
Fitbit is in denial and pass the buck mode. Everyone else, including
customers, are to blame instead of Fitbit. None of the "fixes" work.
Best Answer

Fitbit just wants the money from everyone and not deliver on actual functions promised.  Has anyone who actual works for Fitbit been on here before or is this just a place for the suckers that bought them to come complain and make ourselves feel better?

As if that would matter.  All I have seen is suggestions to add suggestions to suggestions

Best Answer

@Marshageib which. Update are you asking about, the tracker android app, iOS app, win 10 phone or Pc? If it iOS, then see my response to fw_cowboy 

@Sergie_RSA glad your back up. 

@vmax your question is not related to the app, but to the Fitbit system. I suggest adding your vote to this suggestion. 

@fw_cowboy does this thread pertain to you? If so please subscribe to that thread. It might bit you don't say which update your referring to. This thread is on the tracker update 

@lapriester could you be a little more specific about Samsung.. Esteem me and my single we have had 8 smash g phones, I've got friends with 3 more. This makes 11 Samsung models I can co firm work with the Blaze. 

@vmax if you would like to let us know what is not happening, I'm sure someone in the community of Fitbit users would be willing to help. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue

again, Rich, what a waste of time.  That thread has been around for 8 months now and they have not changed the app so they are not gong to, so me adding another reply to an 8 month old thread with pages and pages of replies would be usless.

The app is worthless for true macro tracking and they don't intend to change it or they would have over the last 8 months

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Rich_Laue I am referring to the Android app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually there was 8-10 separate threads on this subject that were recently combined. The fact that they were all separate meant that none of them having many votes, might have never gotten the attention of the Developers

Best Answer

Whatever @vmax. I've seen many suggestions from the feature board show up in fitbit's, from auto detect of exercises and sleep. Active minutes moved into the tracker, a game on the wrist. Some firmware updates have only added requests. 

Best Answer

There is no support of utf8 or Unicode characters in notifications in the latest firmware. I got this device as smart watch and it just sucks 90% times for me. Do you guys have any milestones to fix that? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The firmware release version: 17.8.402.1 does not fix the Fitbit Blaze Battery drain/Notifications - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ as of 01/05/2018.  The problem was found on 04/22/2017.  So when it the estimated time to resolve the issue?  Thanks!

Best Answer

The cause of the problem is that fitbit is not fully compatible with Bluetooth 5.0 which is the Bluetooth version on the Samsung Galaxy S8.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dar91, I received the same chastised email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received the same chastised email as KyleeWilton

Best Answer
0 Votes

They “helped” me by giving me 50% off of a new device. The selection was limited. And the prices were much higher than other stores or online shopping. So my 50 % off wasn’t a big deal. They were successful in getting me to buy another of their products...prematurely since my Blaze wasn’t even a year and a half. They have a lot of cash from me now for two products. Haven’t received the new one yet. The way I’ve been treated, I’m not optimistic the next experience will be any better.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an S7

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’d like to make a complaint about the latest firmware for the Fitbit Blaze:

My first Fitbit Blaze stopped working after the firmware update. I had tried hard resetting, charging, and even leaving for a day before attempting to use again. This hadn’t solved the problem, so I decided to purchase another and update it to the latest firmware version.

This also suffered, and the Fitbit does not turn on without being connected to a charger, even at 100% battery and makes a slight whirring noise. My phone also is unable to connect with both Fitbits.

The screen often flickers, goes bright white sometimes and even overlaps images. Even sometimes it shows nothing at all.

Hard resetting isn’t an option as I can’t even do it without using the case which blocks each button.

Any guidance or suggestions for these issues would be much appreciated.

Best Answer

Please go ahead  and try rebooting the blaze, it might work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep, I have done this several times to no avail.
Best Answer
0 Votes