Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302

**ahem** **ahem** product, dont buy it... move to the smart phone watches. Could not sync my fitbit with my Iphone and can never connect with FitBit for help. I have flushed the product down the toilet. Iphone watch or Android smart watches are much better...just saying

Best Answer

It's really disappointing that my Blaze has not synced since 17 Dec so have followed all the advice in this forum and nothing has worked. Surely Fitbit should be sorting the app out with Apple as you sell the Fitbit as a product that will link to your phone so you can look at all the data e.g. sleep data. Is there any other advice. I can't even get my phone to find my Blaze Fitbit now. 

Best Answer

Hi all, hopefully some advice and guidance will be offered as I'm in a bit of a quandary as unable to update my Blaze device via my iPad app.

Currently, when attempting to update the firmware I receive the following error: The operation couldn't be completed. (FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 8.).  I have followed the guidance and have attempted update only on a full charge, I have deleted and re-installed the app (several times!) to no avail.

Am I able to update my Blaze via USB connection to a Mac?  

This is my third device in less than a year....the first one, the Heart Rate Monitor didn't work, the second wouldn't retain a charge after a few months of ownership, this one has worked perfectly however I am stuck on F/W 8.401.3...

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing, will not start, via bluetooth or charger. Customer support said it was dead, I only have had this 2 years. They want to give me at 25% discount, I need it fixed or no more Fitbits in my home

Best Answer
They did the same to me. I had it 13 months and they said it was a month last warranty and offered me 20% off a cheaper model. Ummmmm, no! So, I will not be purchasing a new one.

Brian Downey
Best Answer

I uninstalled the Fitbit app and then reinstalled; also turned off my iPhone and then on again. My Blaze did then sync and has been ok since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just left it alone, and picked it up and saw the battery on the screen, recharged it again, They had a record of me recharging the same  day it went bad. I set it up again this a.m. and it works. Not sure why leaving it alone for 8 hours worked. No logic there

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I am using windows 10, for some reason I just left it alone and 8 hours later I saw a battery icon, charged it and its alive again? Not seeing any logic with this problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Next release date? 

The main problem with fitbit products is the slow updates ... 😞

Best Answer

Hi everyone!  Great to see you all in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

At the moment, we still don't have any news on any firmware update being released soon. Please keep an eye on the Forums and as soon as we have any update, we'll be sure to share it here for you guys to know.

Thanks a lot for your patience and your comprehension. Any specific question, please let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thanks for the update, but I no longer used my Blaze after a year & half.  That's all this device last!  Due to the firmware error, it causes the Blaze's battery over worked because keeping syncing between the Blaze & my SamSung S8+ cell phone.  Overtime, the Blaze's battery was no longer hold charge more than 2 hours.  I called in the Help Desk to report the issue that I found, & the Help Desk personnel offered some discount & the total cost was still $150.  No thanks!  I hope this is a lessons learned for others plan to use fitbit Blaze.  Have a wonderful day.

Best Answer
I'm with you - Fitbit's response has been woeful, I will never buy one
again, and actively discourage others from doing so.
Best Answer

I'm done too.

Blaze owner - 1.5yrs.

I cannot update the Blaze firmware, I cannot go a day without charging, Sync times (if at all) are 5min+ for me, and now the time has randomly changed on the watch itself, by itself.  Since I can't get it to sync, I can't update the time.

A smart watch that can't be adjusted to display the correct time?

I have had it with reading post after post on procedures to try and get around the issues/bugs.

These devices are supposed to enhance our lives, make things better, easier, more productive...

As I sit here and type this, I know that none of this true *for me* currently.

I'm done with Fitbit.

I will tell anyone who can hear me to stay away from Fitbit products.

Best Answer

My heart rate stopped working on 1/3/2018.  It only shows the resting heart rate.  The sleep goes off & on.  I am not sure what is happing and I am using a Apple iPhone 7plus.Smiley Mad

Best Answer

We have updated to the latest version and it seems since the update the battery will not hold a charge. Hopefully Fitbit is not following Apple's updates when it comes to batteries. We really don't want to buy new Blazes.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Consider yourself lucky- the new update completely kills battery life.

Best Answer

My Fitbit is telling me that clock error 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Never looked at that yet, I will see

MIckey
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just purchased this product. Think I am going to return it and run away from Fitbit while I can. Very disappointed in the company and this product. 😞

Best Answer

What problems are you having @glwhitetail

Best Answer