Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302

Clockface, was resolved after a direct call to service, problem after last release

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello FerdinandFitbit,

Any news on a firmware update for the Blaze?

The last one has decimated my Blaze's battery life.

So much so that I cannot go a full day without it dying.

So many new Fitbit items being launched... looking more & more like the Blaze will be left to die with this battery killing firmware.

Best Answer

The new FitBit Versa looks very promising. If the O2 sensor is as accurate as I'm hoping, I think I'll switch over from the Blaze.

(BTW... my Blaze has been working perfectly since the software upgrade. I get ~3-4 days out of a charge. Sorry several of you folks are having such problems.)

Best Answer

I think they purposefully killed the blaze.  Sad.  It was such a good product, while it lasted.  of course the planned end came after the warranty was done.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Suncountry it sounds like you're saying that your Blaze stopped working because Fitbit planned it that way. This I not the case. 

Best Answer

how do you know that?  Seems there are a ton of people having the same charging issue and Fitbit can not fix it.  All my other FITBITS are still running. 

Best Answer

I have this update and now have issues with steps rolling backwards on sync, both on the app AND my blaze smart watch. I gained 4 new step badges yesterday, all of which failed to appear. My last, 70k, was just before midnight... but have not received the badge.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My fit it restarted correctly after a complete recharge/shutdown, I just got lucky
Best Answer
0 Votes
It was planned because they did not test before release
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hope not
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich_Laue,

Any insight to wether or not they will provide another firmware update for the Blaze?

If only to correct to battery issues...

No doubt that this latest firmware update has really wreaked havoc on my Blaze.

Thanks,

Rich

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had no response to a fix request
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem!  I think your right

Best Answer

If Fitbit is aware of a problem that is affecting some of the Blaze trackers. it isnt affecting the 5 people I know that have Blaze units. 

If Fitbit is aware of it they will be working on it. First they will need to isolate the price of hardware that is causing the problem. After which they will be able to write a fix. .Test it and then release. 

Best Answer
That’s great for those 5 ppl you know! Smh

Judy Gallagher
Best Answer

@Rich_Laue Not helpful for all the rest that are forced to purchase a new tracker or go without.  Something killed our trackers and the only option we are given with the discount for a comparable model is an overpriced fitbit Blaze that will likely fail again. 

Best Answer

The something that killed is most likely some piece of hardware in the tracker that is out of specifications .IE; a batch of some part that was received and was not caught as being bad. This has happened before and when the problem was isolated Fitbit came up sithwa solution .that was released in the next update. 

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I am sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing battery issues and would like to know which troubleshoot have you tried so far? Have you contacted our support team?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Yes I did, I was told the only thing they could do was get me a discount on
a new blaze

luckily I got it going again

Mickey
Best Answer

Hi there @Stittsmouse. Good to see you around!

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your tracker working again! 😄

If you need anything else, let us know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes