Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302
I was told the same thing. So I bought an Apple watch. Screw that. They obviously don’t care. Barely had it over a year. Wasted money.

Brian Downey
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will there be anymore updates to the Blaze?  Even an update so I can change the colors of the watch faces would be great.  All of my favorite watch faces are pink text - would prefer to choose a different color.

Best Answer

With the blaze discontinued will you continue to support and provide updates to the device for those of us who still have one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

As for support. of course .About updates possibly, the discontinued Charge HR and FotbitFOne got updatedd late last year

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has been a while since the last update, I cannot get angry about this because I got my Blaze almost for free, I'm in love with Fitbit the products, but I have to accept that the quality is very low and cheap, the good news is that Fitbit knows that and replace your products when it gets damaged and it has warranty, I started with a Charge and they replaced it like 3 times (4 charges) and at the end I get a 50% off in my Blaze, a total of 5 devices in less than 3 years, so basically I got a Fitbit product for 3 years that for me is very decent.

Now my Blaze is failing, the band is peeling off(it happened to me in every single product) and I'm sure that is not going to last more than 6 months from now, also, I really doubt that a new firmware will come out to fix all the issues.

Best Answer

I agree, this I trying find my next replacement.  I do not want an Apple or smart watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those of us with a Blaze and Android phone, it would be a nice jesture for Fitbit to offer us a special deal as a trade-in on a new Versa replacement, especially since the Blaze never delivered all the functions on Android it was advertised as having.

Best Answer

Something is seriously hinky here - since installing the update, my battery life on teh fitbit has gone right down the toilet - not a good look for something only a couple of months old.

The app still says the  battery is full - which is great, except the fitbit still thinks it's half full and will still shut down if it hits the trigger level.  It's been getting worse - I barely ran for 24 hours yesterday before it crapped out.  Not impressed.

Best Answer

Both mine and my wife's recently purchased Blaze's are lucky to go 3 days between charges. What a waste of money!

Best Answer

My husband & I both have blazes. However, my husbands Blaze recently was only lasting a day between charges. He did a reset, (holding left and bottom right button) and this restored his battery life back to approx 4 days between charges. 👍🏻

Best Answer

All that holding the left and bottom right buttons does for me is bring up notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Taleya wrote:

All that holding the left and bottom right buttons does for me is bring up notifications.

You're not holding them down long enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Either that are the left button isn't working .

Try pressing with the unit out of its case. 

@Taleya you could swipe over to settings. tap, then scroll up, tap shutdown and confirm .No buttons need to be pressed. Not, you'll need to press a button or place into its charger to turn on 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! Seems to be working!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be Awesome to have an Firmware update on the Blaze that allows you quick response to text messages. Loyal Blaze users have requested this before and over the year or more we have enough votes for the request. 

Pls consider this for the Blaze users.

Best Answer

Hi there @Karenja1.  Good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! However, I was taking a look at a feature suggestion for something like this and it seems that this is not currently planned to be worked on. You can see more here.

If there's anything else you may need, let me know and I'll be happy to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

What does it take to have a feature added? Are there so many votes needed?

Should we assume that Blaze users are forgotten about?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Karenja1!

The criteria to decide which feature will be developed or not varies from one to other suggestion.

In most cases, it has to do with the amount of people requesting the feature to be implemented but in most cases, it also has to do with the viability (software/hardware capability on the trackers) to develop said feature which is most likely why this suggestion is being declined.

If you have more questions, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
I think we should definitely assume Blaze users are forgotten. Mine still
hasn't got all the features it came with thanks to the firmware update last
year. Waiting for it to die to then move onto another brand (will never buy
Fitbit again).
Best Answer
Unfortunately I have to agree. I Love My Blaze and still get alot of
compliments on the Blaze.

I just thought Fitbit would continuely upgrade us. I wish they would care
about loyalty.