Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302

It's all about sales. New models have priority. How many folks have been orphaned with their android phone that no longer gets updates? Millions. They expect us to spend money for a newer product.

Best Answer
Well I still got updates to my Android phone until I purchased a new one,
because I had that phone for years and it was going it's way.

I still say you should build on your customer base. What is being asked for
really isn't that hard.

I just love my Blaze. If Fitbit would build on old and new products, it
would be a win win for everyone.
Best Answer

The fact that there is known issues that stop the Blaze dead in its tracks, killing it where it lays, forcing you to get a new smart watch, and they still haven’t fixed these known issues, i would say yes, yes Fitbit forgets about each fitbit as it makes a new/better model. I for one, switched to apple watch after my Blaze died because of this issue I’m talking about. The fact that its verry known about with them and they haven’t fixed it and instead just make new models, yeah.. it pissed me off on top of it being th limited edition that broke so couldn’t even replace it.. yep, Apple watch user now. Do i miss my Fitbit? Yes, but because I’m so used to it. Apple has em beat by centuries.. had the watch since this weekend and loving it so far. Just weird compared to using a blaze for so long..

P. S. I got the series 1 watch and it still updates. That says allot about the companies. Apple still updates their old watches, and fixes known issues, Fitbit? Not so much.. Also, look at my posts, where was the help on my issue? Not one fitbit person helped. But a actual fitbit user stepped up and had told me whats up about the issue I was having.. That also SAYS ALLOT about the company aswell..

Best Answer
I understand that. I just hate that I may have to move on from my Blaze.

Every company who sells smart watches upgrades their products. I just don't
understand why not Fitbit.

Again I don't want to give up my Blaze, but since it looks like Blaze users
are forgotten about. I may look have to look into a Samsung watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Open source the code for these watches fitbit! There's thousands of coders out there that could make what you deem an "end of life" a product that is useful for years to come.

Best Answer
That's a good idea. To provide open source code.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great idea but do you really think Fitbit would open themselves to having someone else do a better job than they have been able to do ?

I for one would love to see them challenge us to it.

Ofcourse there would have to be the usual caveats about downloading unauthorised firmware updates voiding the warranty...which they don't honour anyway...just like the call reject/answer feature that was advertised for the Blaze but never came.

Best Answer
Hello,

I am just asking for the consideration that they gave the Iconic.

They received an update with quick reply messages.

We will see what Fitbit does. I hope when asked about my Blaze now, I can
say we receive continual updates and Fitbit stands behind it product.
Best Answer

The Zip. One, Charge, Charge HR all had updates last year. All but the Zip where discontinued. 

Best Answer

I will wait for a little while to see what happens.

If Fitbit stands behind it's products. When I get compliments on my Blaze, which I get alot daily. I am not sure what to say.

I would like to hear from the Fitbit in regards to any updates concerning what we have been asking for. 

So far just the same response. No plans for this at this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure you have voted for the things you want. This is done in the feature request board

The board we are in is designed for Fitbit users to help out Fitbit users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have voted for the quick response to text messages for the Blaze.

Over the year there is more than enough votes to get this done. It's more
or the same as the Iconic. The Iconic got the quick response to text
messages just recently.

It would be great that the Blaze User receives the same.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm up for something else. So many archaic things about this tracker.

Best Answer
My Blaze works great, it would be just great to add that feature for us
busy people.

Also because it has been a popular and frequent request.

I hope they consider this and make every community member in Fitbit feel
important and valued.
Best Answer

Could you tell us the solution  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems that Fitbit has entered the world of smart watches.

It would be a win win for everyone for them to go back and make the older loyal consumers happy by giving them near or almost near what the new tracker has. At the very least fix known issues and give the older loyal consumer the features that's been requested. Like quick reply messages, clock faces, ect...

I would think that this will make Fitbit a soild strong company and give the competition a run for it's money. You don't want a revolving door, because then you don't have a strong base. You want the old and new consumer. Because if your reputation is no good, then you have nothing. Consumers want a company who really cares about them. Not I just want your money, those days are over. If Fitbit wants to be around for awhile, then they will do these things, if not they won't.

Best Answer
To my problem? Hope you got the protection when you purchased it and go get something better or a new one. That’s the only solution unfortunately.. I went to switch mine but couldn’t get same model so, I myself switched to Apple. Nice watch.. Got tired of being dissatisfied & disappointed with my fitbit. FYI, the blaze was my 3rd fitbit..
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone else noticed their blaze no longer records steps correctly?  I'm  not talking the usual skips you get if a step is on very soft material etc etc, I'm talking taking thirty steps and it reading five. You know, the kind of thing that makes it utterly useless for its designed purpose

(and do NOT try to give me that "sometimes steps read as...."   spiel, I've been checking it over the course of a week and can replicate this behaviour repeatedly.  And if you don't read a single step from a woman stomping across 30m, you have a problem. 

Best Answer
We All Want Fitbit To Fix Known Issues And To Give Us The Features.

Fitbit Needs To This To Keep A Strong Community (Consumer) Base. We Hope
They Want To Be Successful And Be A Company That Cares About It's
Consumer/Community.
Best Answer

Same here, I've taken several steps to restart and or instructions it suggested, I've tried and NOTHING works!!!! I'm so angry and frustrated!!! And like one post, the user said she would not buy another Fitbit, my feelings are also changing, I want this fixed, they keep saying it's not the firmware, BUT MINE WORKED UNTIL I DID THE UPDATE 😡😡😡😡

Best Answer
0 Votes